• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

An E-mail from Dan Gilbert

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
So much for us winning today.

Any other predicitions optiomist?

The “noise” does not deter us. The “shot”, the “drive”, the “woe is me” attitude that some Cleveland fans bathe in will also not deter us.

Has he been spending time talking to Phil Savage???

I love what Gilbert has done with this franchise, don't get me wrong. But an e-mail saying all is well won't placate us. Only one thing can do that - wins.

Even short of wins, I'd like to see where issues that seem to linger forever, are getting addressed and we are heading in a positive direction. And I don't see that.

Dear Mr. Gilbert,

As you know the Cav's are free falling in the standing at the moment. I am of the opinion that Mike Brown has a big part in this losing streak. Mike Brown consistently uses horrible rotations, calls time-out after the team has gone on a big run, and he always blames the losses on the defense even though we have nights were we score 80 pts.

Can you please explain to me the 5 man unit of Wesley, Gibson, Verejoa, Damon, and I believe Gooden that was out on the floor at the same time in the 4th quarter in a close game?

Can you explain to me why the Cav's are not running even though Larry Hughes (2nd best player) and LeBron (best player) have publicly showed disdain towards our so called motion offense.

I do not expect you to respond to this but is there ANY talks of trades happening any time soon? Perhaps a Flip Murray type deal, because it is likely Larry Hughes will get hurt again.

One name I would like to throw our there is Martel Webster. He was picked 6th in the 2005 draft and has recently fell out of Portland's rotation. He can shoot from behind the arc and can spread the flood unlike Larry or Snow. <---Just a thought....

Finally will we be seeing Gibson starting? I see him play a lot minutes one day and play well, then the next he will play 7 minutes? He has clearly showed that he can run the point and can create for others. He can hit the 3 which opens lanes for Larry and LeBron.

I would greatly appreciate it if you respond...

Thank you,
Ryan

^^ I just sent that to Gilbert....lets see if he responds...

"Keep this all in perspective" is the phrase teams break out when everyone knows the team is shitting the bed. It's like saying, "yeah, we suck donkey teats, but since the rest of the teams suck too, we're okay." Any type of realistic perspective should start and end with the Cavs about 5 games up on the rest of the conference, to be okay since we're right in it is a loser mentality.

"Keep it in perspective" is the type of philosophy/soundbite that Cowher used, back when he lost 4 AFCCG at home.....eh, I want to see my team win it all, not just be close.

All I can say is that I rather have a rough time now in Janurary then in May.

Anyways welcome to the boards.

Anyone still have the email address for Dan Gilbert? I'm trying to send him a message. Thanks.

Wow.

This thread sure gives you some perspective. That email was sent to Gilbert a year and a half ago, and it turns out what he said was right.

5 months after this thread, we were in the NBA Finals.

Well who's the new guy???

LyXo where have you been?

Anyone still have the email address for Dan Gilbert? I'm trying to send him a message. Thanks.

Sorry can't answer your question.

I think if you shoot a message to greatideas@cavs.com, Mr. Gilbert (or more likely someone on his staff) will try to address it.

Ahh yes, that was the season everyone was calling me an apologist and a pollyanna because I didn't jump over the cliff in a barrel like everyone else (not named LJ4MVP).

Now, I'm a negative nancy because I'm trying not to get too carried away over some nice moves we've made this summer.

Gotta love it.

Well who's the new guy???

LyXo where have you been?

Sorry can't answer your question.

Been busy at the job (got 2) so unfortunately not too much time to post/read during the day or I'd get nothing done... and the girlfriend, but we broke up, so I suppose that might mean more time.

Been busy at the job (got 2) so unfortunately not too much time to post/read during the day or I'd get nothing done... and the girlfriend, but we broke up, so I suppose that might mean more time.

Or less time depending what you do with your new found freedom :chuckles:

Go out and bang a few chicks with loose morals for us married guys. Only requirement is telling us about it, lol :chuckles:

What's Gilbert's email address? I'd like to have a few words with him on the Reghi firing.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."