• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Hollinger Power Rankings Are Out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
This is the problem with getting 2 of the 5 best rookies who are performing well and playing within our coaches system. We have to hope to get lucky in the lottery and the 2012 draft really is as deep as everyone says.

Cant really hope for for TT or Kyrie to stop playing well as their development is as important as anything. So we will have future cap room, some type of asset in return for sessions/andy and hopefully the 10th pick or so in a deep draft. If we draft smart (again), we should be ok.

KI and TT playing great is the only thing I am rooting for!
I kinda wish we didn't have jamison and andy, these two make us win games, especially andy... Take andy out of the middle, and it's dunk contest on the cavs all year!
Now we are prolly just showcasing jamison. As for Andy, I don't know what this organization hs in store for him... He is good, but will be declining by the time we are contenders and making way too much money. To me, you have to trade him this season or this off season... (preferably the first, we would be getting a better pick)

I know you don't play to lose... But at the same time, since you know you are not doing anything this year, it's better to be bad... If we can draft let's say MKG and a C (i'm not buying the drummond hype, he has bust written all over him! Looks like another Kwame to me) then we would be in good shape :) I also want to keep cap space for 2013-2014, because that is when we have to make our moves.

The schedule is about to get a lot tougher -- I'm personally not worried about the Cavs falling out of the top 5 for the draft, although I don't think they're going to end up with that #1 pick again. If they do then there are going to be a lot of people crying foul.

Temporarily it is about to get harder, but on a whole the unbalanced schedule created by the shortened season really benefits the Cavs in the sense that we only play some of the western conference powers once instead of twice.

The schedule is much easier this year than normal for the Cavs, and they will win a greater % of games than they might in a normal regular season where they are playing everyone at least twice.

Alot of the teams Cleveland is only playing once are teams they likely would have lost to twice, so that right there is going to bump the winning % up because they are saving what would traditionally be losses.

People who want to tank won't like this reality, but the unbalanced schedule makes tanking much more difficult for a Cavs team that is reasonably competitive.

KI and TT playing great is the only thing I am rooting for!
I kinda wish we didn't have jamison and andy, these two make us win games, especially andy... Take andy out of the middle, and it's dunk contest on the cavs all year!
Now we are prolly just showcasing jamison.

I'll admit I don't watch every single Cavs game, but

sunny111309.gif

well, I hope the Cavs aren't the 18th best team in the league then... Because that would mean one hell of a crappy pick, not even going to the playoffs... I mean, if you are gonna be mediocre, please at least reach the playoffs!

Actually, Hollinger has us 7th in the east after last night's loss, despite being 19th leaguewide.

At 4-5, TeamRankings has us 10th in the East with an expected win total of 25.7, and now a 21.6% chance of making the playoffs.

Given where we're at, we're not going to lose a lot of ground losing to higher ranked teams on the road.

I think Hollinger may throw in some sort of a "what have you done for me recently" factor in to his rankings so they track a little better with the Mark Stein versions, but I'm not sure if TeamRankings does.

btw, they have Sacramento at a projected 22 wins - which puts them at the cellar of the West.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/projections/standings/

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."