• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

post 121 - OJ Mayo UFA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
yeah

Farmar is under consideration because his 4 million contract matches Mayo's much like Sessions 4 million does as well

Is Sessions + Pick > Farmar + Pick , unless you are deluded enough thinking NJ is going to give their #1 for mayo.

If we want to take a flyer on mayo , he is there
Assuming the Nets would be moving the Houston pick, no, not even close? All the potential picks the Cavs can offer are nearly worthless whereas the Houston pick is actually pretty valuable.

Sessions is better than Farmar but Farmar is a better fit because he's a better shooter, marginally cheaper, and doesn't need much more than backup minutes.

When you factor in the Houston pick vs. whatever pick the Cavs would offer, the Nets easily have a better offer.

Assuming the Nets would be moving the Houston pick, no, not even close? All the potential picks the Cavs can offer are nearly worthless whereas the Houston pick is actually pretty valuable.

Sessions is better than Farmar but Farmar is a better fit because he's a better shooter, marginally cheaper, and doesn't need much more than backup minutes.

When you factor in the Houston pick vs. whatever pick the Cavs would offer, the Nets easily have a better offer.

Farmar isn't a better fit

better shooter . . .yes, better scorer no
marginally cheaper . . . by 250K come on, it all about long term commitment
doesn't need backup minutes . . . because he sucks, the grizz would like someone who can contribute, Farmar can't get minutes on the Nets

if the nets are stupid enough to give up the Houston pick, yes . . .but I don't see them doing that

the Grizzlies would like to get value back for mayo as he was a former lottery pick, but aren't going to get it

Sessions is better than Farmar. He may actually qualify to start for a team someday, where Farmar is essentially John Crotty with Kobe on his resume.

That said, I don't see Mayo as our guy. Someone mentioned Sam Young, and I like him, but not enough to give up sessions and something. The way I see it, if there is a deal with Memphis, it is about a big, so maybe Ramon and plus Hollins or Erden if he does not improve, or the rights to kaun for Darrel arthur or hamaddi. I doubt Memphis is into that but there you go...

Farmar isn't a better fit

better shooter . . .yes, better scorer no
marginally cheaper . . . by 250K come on, it all about long term commitment
doesn't need backup minutes . . . because he sucks, the grizz would like someone who can contribute, Farmar can't get minutes on the Nets

if the nets are stupid enough to give up the Houston pick, yes . . .but I don't see them doing that

the Grizzlies would like to get value back for mayo as he was a former lottery pick, but aren't going to get it
I have no idea why you are claiming the Griz need a scorer. They don't. They need a shooter. They are one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the league. Sessions can't shoot 3s, Farmar can.

Farmar is playing ~5 less minutes per game while playing behind a top 3 PG in the game. Sessions would not be playing any more than that if he were in NJ.

I have no idea why you are claiming the Griz need a scorer. They don't. They need a shooter. They are one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the league. Sessions can't shoot 3s, Farmar can.

Farmar is playing ~5 less minutes per game while playing behind a top 3 PG in the game. Sessions would not be playing any more than that if he were in NJ.

your logic is just tailing off

the Grizzlies have Conley/Allen starting

Conley is playing 33 minutes a game , while Tony allen is only playing 23 the same as mayo.

if they trade mayo whomever they acquire will need to replace those minutes

BTW Farmer is playing 16 minutes in NJ and Sessions is playing 21.5 in Cleveland

who do you think MEMPHIS would rather give them backcourt Depth

the answer whichever team gives them a better pick or other players in a package

I'd rather trade Sessions now before he regresses any more in his current role

Sessions, Parker and a 2013 1st rounder pick protected in the top 8, and 2013 1st rounder pick from the heat for OJ MAYO

I'd love Mayo on the team. Very competitive player with a chip on his shoulder, can play off the ball but is also a good playmaker, great midrange game. Not ideal size for a SG but not terribly small either. If alls it takes is a mediocre trade chip like Sessions or maybe Jamison (and some filler) and a mediocre draft pick then I'm down...but I bet they could find better return for OJ.

Mayo cant beat out Tony Allen for a starting job, so yeah, that makes me feel good about him. :rolleyes:

That said, he is talented and Scott might be able to coach him up. My fear is the name and draft buzz will make his trade value more than the Cavs should pay even at this point.

Mayo cant beat out Tony Allen for a starting job, so yeah, that makes me feel good about him. :rolleyes:

That said, he is talented and Scott might be able to coach him up. My fear is the name and draft buzz will make his trade value more than the Cavs should pay even at this point.

Likely true.

Sessions, Parker and a 2013 1st rounder pick protected in the top 8, and 2013 1st rounder pick from the heat for OJ MAYO
[video=youtube;h3HKRbZx3d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HKRbZx3d4[/video]

I'd love him for the right price, but I just don't see it working.

If they can get him for Farmar and the Houston pick. I would defiantly offer them Sessions (if we know theres no way to get a 1st), Hollins, and our 2 2nd rounders. Because lets just underestimate Sessions, and over value Farmar, then they would still be a wash. Those 2 high 2nds are worth far more in a deep draft than a heavily lotto protected for the next 3-4 years that they may never receive.

I see Indy or another fringe team throwing a 17-25 pick away for him. (Boston could be a possibility).

I think he can create, and isnt given the opportunity in MEM. They have too any ball dominate players. Not to mention coach Scott can definitely maximize his potential.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."