• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Manny Harris

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hartwill

Towel Waver
Reaction score
Don't look now but Manny is averaging 22.2 ppg over his last 5 games and 18.6 ppg since he started with the Charge. Last night he scored 32 points (in a loss) on 11 for 19 shooting. His overall shooting percentages could be better, though. But, he is averaging 89.1% from the line and he is getting there often. Bob Finnan, in his Sunday Cavs Notebook, wrote that Harris could soon be an option the Cavs might consider.

I always liked Manny. It would nice if the Cavs could take a look at him to determine if he fits into any future roster planning.

Re: Manny Harris gains steam down in Canton

I like him but it will be hard for him to break into our rotation... Boobie and AP are ahead of him at the 2 and unless someone is injured this isnt going to change anytime soon.

If we do look to sign him, who do we release? I would assume it would be M. Thompson...

If we do look to sign him, who do we release? I would assume it would be M. Thompson...

Has M.Thompson even seen playing time? I would pull that switch in a minute as I had hopes of Manny becoming a piece of the future of the team even if from the bench.

I agree that Parker and Gibson will remain ahead of him in the rotation but with Parker's creaky back Harris could have a shot at some playing time. Finnan thought Mychel Thompson was vulnerable.

The Cavs need to make sure this kid doesn't get picked up by someone else. It's time to cut Harangody or Thompson and throw Manny right into the rotation. He played pretty well last season...I'd like to see how he does with Irving running the offense. You can't seriously tell me we can't fit this kid into the rotation. What do we have to lose?

(I'm very biased on Manny and Alonzo because they were two guys I begged for the Cavs to pick up as undrafted FAs and I want to see them succeed with us...and I love being right)

Last edited:

There was a survey performed amongst NBA players last week regarding who they thought had

(a) the most ridiculous given first names in the league
(b) the most ridiculous middle name in the league
(c) the most irrelevant player in the league
(d) the worst player in the league

Manny received 98% of the vote for (a) for Corperryale
Manny received 100% of the vote for (b) for L'Adorable
Mychel Thompson received 2% of the vote for (a), 100% for (c)
Ryan Hollins was unanimously voted the worst player in the league at 95%. The other 5% was given to Mychel Thompson.

please bring up Manny Harris, he was one of the my favorite players to watch play last year

Cut Anthony Parker.

They can send back Christian "I'm too Tired" Eyenga.

No they can't. Manny Harris right now has no contract with the Cavaliers. No ties at all (except for playing for the Cavs' d-league team, which doesn't mean much). If we want Manny on the roster then we need to cut someone before signing him.

Perhaps we can hope for sending out more players than we get back in a trade, and then signing Manny. But we can't just bring him back to the Cavs without making a roster change.

I've watched him in Canton a few times. Manny needs to add on some weight. He's a skinny little thing.... I knew he was thin but my god, seeing him in person is a whole nother thing.

Trade Sessions for any picks you can get, make Boogie the backup point, and let Harris and Eyenga fight over the backup SG minutes.

You're welcome.

It is time for the Mychel Thompson era in Cleveland to end. Also, someone have Ryan Hollins (if he gets to play again) fall into AP which helps ends this unfortunate tenure which has ALREADY went on far too long. At least when we brought David Wesley and Lucious Harris here as old guys they sucked terribly enough to give us no choice to rid ourselves of them....

I've watched him in Canton a few times. Manny needs to add on some weight. He's a skinny little thing.... I knew he was thin but my god, seeing him in person is a whole nother thing.

I'm a little disappointed to hear that. That was supposed to one of Manny's missions over the summer...adding mass and strength. Doing so would help him finish at the rim better which was clearly one of his issues last season.

His other mission was to improve his ball handling. Hopefully, he has worked on that.

I do like the fact that he is getting to the line a lot this season. And he's knocking down his free throws at an 89% clip.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."