• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mychel Thompson waived

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hartwill

Towel Waver
Reaction score
Mychel Thompson got an opportunity tonight and did not squander it. He calmly hit 2 critical jump shots and added some solid defense on Ray Allen. This probably didn't help Manny Harris' bid to get back to Cleveland.

Good to see the kid come through. With AP's creaky back, the kid will probably get some future chances for playing time.

Re: Mychel Thompson makes his case

Good showing by the kid.

He has a good looking stroke too. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.

He should definitely see more playing time if Parker and Gibson are having issues with being healthy. Glad he came in and showed something. He was definitely more enjoyable to watch then Parker has been this year.

He should definitely see more playing time if Parker and Gibson are having issues with being healthy. Glad he came in and showed something. He was definitely more enjoyable to watch then Parker has been this year.

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with him taking away minutes from a health AP even.

The best part was the fact that he looked composed and calm in the face of an improving Celtics team. He definitely deserves to see more time.

Trade Sessions ASAP, and start Boobie at the backup PG. We need more minutes for all of the SGs we have to develop: MT, Skyenga, Manny

He may hurt our draft position. Better get AP healthy :chuckles:

Danny Green > Mychel Thompson

And Danny Green doesn't play for the Cavs. I'm not saying that Thompson is better, both are young guys with Green being the only one of the two getting a real opportunity to show what he can do.

I would say that some people would like to see what he can do instead of watching Parker be run out there day in and day out.

Danny Green > Mychel Thompson

Part of me wishes we still had Green, but Thompson has only had a 12 minute NBA career. So you're probably a little early with that comment.

I would say that some people would like to see what he can do instead of watching Parker be run out there day in and day out.

Just some?

I'd prefer any young Cav (or a re-signed Harris) getting time instead of AP just to see if any have anything to offer.

Just some?

You caught me Wuck. I did initially put most, but i thought some would be a better than trying to put words into other's mouths.

Anybody at this point would be a welcomed addition to the rotation at SG.

My boy got some run tonight and showed why I had been calling for him since preseason.

Next stop.... all star status

It's one game so we shouldn't get too excited. That being said he played well and looked like he belonged. I had been wondering why he's still even on the roster but he at least showed there might be something there.
It would be quite a turnaround if he becomes a reliable perimeter shooter after being such a poor shooter at Pepperdine.

He seems to have come along way since his horrendous preseason performance. I assumed he had to have been showing improvement in practice for them not to clear room for Manny Harris. He looked to be in the flow of the game and you would have never known he was getting his first series minutes in the NBA. I think it spoke volumes when Scott left him out there to finish the game that was going down to the wire.

I hope we see more of him soon. Parker can provide veteran leadership from the bench.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."