• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Official Game of Thrones [A Song of Ice and Fire] Thread (includes spoilers)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: The Official Game of Thrones [A Song of Ice and Fire] Thread

Finally started reading the second book again. Hopefully I'll finish it soon.

So I'd really like to read the books... are there just 4 of them so far?

So I'd really like to read the books... are there just 4 of them so far?

I pretty much outlined it in the OP.

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons

Unreleased:

The Winds of Winter
A Dream of Spring

SPOILER:

I've watched the entire show and it is motherfucking great. I have the books but haven't read them yet. So the biggest question in my mind is how does it get better with 3 of the main and probably the most interesting characters (IMO) killed off (Eddard, Robert, Drogo)?

Fucking excited though.

SPOILER:

I've watched the entire show and it is motherfucking great. I have the books but haven't read them yet. So the biggest question in my mind is how does it get better with 3 of the main and probably the most interesting characters (IMO) killed off (Eddard, Robert, Drogo)?

Fucking excited though.

Any spoilers post in white for the benefit of the other members that haven't read or seen the show.

SPOILER:

Fucking excited though.

You only think they are the main characters. 300 pages into the next book, and you'll practically forget they existed.

WINTER IS COMING

SEAN BEAN... AWAY!!!

What theSTEREO said.

Drogo was one of your favorite characters? Really? Ok, I'll ignore that. :chuckles: But anyways, he said it perfectly. You'll forget any of them even existed by the halfway mark of the 2nd book. I can't speak for the 2nd Season because I haven't seen it yet obviously, so who knows how they're going to handle it, but new characters emerge and old ones you didn't see much of before step into center stage.

I think I'm going to amend the spoiler thing too. I don't think anyone should have to put spoilers from the first season that has been out for a year in spoiler tags. I kind of did that more for the books and those of us who have already read through Book 5. Didn't want to spoil exclusively-TV viewers.

Finally gave in and watched the first season of this show... damn, I can honestly say that I have never watched a show where I so badly wanted the main villain to end up with his head on a stick. Come to think of it, there are MULTIPLE characters that I want to end up dying in the most brutal way possible. Not often that a series comes along that REALLY makes you hate the antagonist(s) like this one does. Jack Gleeson is downright outstanding as King Joffrey, and far and away my favorite character is none other than The Imp, Tyrion Lannister, as played by Peter Dinklage.

Pretty stoked about the second season coming up. Of course, I have a lot of catching up to do with the books... I'm not much of a reader.

Finally gave in and watched the first season of this show... damn, I can honestly say that I have never watched a show where I so badly wanted the main villain to end up with his head on a stick. Come to think of it, there are MULTIPLE characters that I want to end up dying in the most brutal way possible. Not often that a series comes along that REALLY makes you hate the antagonist(s) like this one does. Jack Gleeson is downright outstanding as King Joffrey, and far and away my favorite character is none other than The Imp, Tyrion Lannister, as played by Peter Dinklage.

Pretty stoked about the second season coming up. Of course, I have a lot of catching up to do with the books... I'm not much of a reader.

Fuckin A.

I'll nerd out a bit here. I started reading this series at Ohio State back in 2001. I've been addicted ever since.

The books are amazing, and character development is otherwordly. I'm excited for season 2, but book 3 was far and away Martin's best. Honestly, I'm not sure how HBO can fit books 2 and 3 into 20 episodes, I'm wondering if they'll stretch these two books out into 3 seasons. I'm excited the series is getting the love and attention it deserves, and I'm looking forward to book 6. Hopefully it will be out in the next 5 years.

Spoiler alert!

Jon Snow AKA Jon Targaryen AKA Azor Ahai reborn...

Seriously though, I love the rumor mill for the series. If anyone's interested in some of the theories out there, I'd be happy to share my favorites.

I have read through book 3 and so far they are all amazing with the third one actually being the highlight. Shout out to my homeboys Ser Davos Seaworth and arguably the coolest Lannister brother Jamie.

I'll nerd out a bit here. I started reading this series at Ohio State back in 2001. I've been addicted ever since.

The books are amazing, and character development is otherwordly. I'm excited for season 2, but book 3 was far and away Martin's best. Honestly, I'm not sure how HBO can fit books 2 and 3 into 20 episodes, I'm wondering if they'll stretch these two books out into 3 seasons. I'm excited the series is getting the love and attention it deserves, and I'm looking forward to book 6. Hopefully it will be out in the next 5 years.

Spoiler alert!

Jon Snow AKA Jon Targaryen AKA Azor Ahai reborn...

Seriously though, I love the rumor mill for the series. If anyone's interested in some of the theories out there, I'd be happy to share my favorites.

Please do share. I tend to agree with most of the common ones, they are hard to deny at this point especially with the latest developments in ADWD.

I'm pretty sure Storm of Swords is going to be TWO TV seasons by the way.

You only think they are the main characters. 300 pages into the next book, and you'll practically forget they existed.

- Count me in as one of those who saw the show then learned that they came from books, but yeah that's what I figured afterwards. If people are raving about the books and the show even after those guys died then there must be more characters to follow. Thanks for confirming man.

What theSTEREO said.

Drogo was one of your favorite characters? Really? Ok, I'll ignore that. But anyways, he said it perfectly. You'll forget any of them even existed by the halfway mark of the 2nd book. I can't speak for the 2nd Season because I haven't seen it yet obviously, so who knows how they're going to handle it, but new characters emerge and old ones you didn't see much of before step into center stage.

I think I'm going to amend the spoiler thing too. I don't think anyone should have to put spoilers from the first season that has been out for a year in spoiler tags. I kind of did that more for the books and those of us who have already read through Book 5. Didn't want to spoil exclusively-TV viewers.

- Hell yeah, as stated above (learned about the books after watching the show), I thought they were going to show a full-blown war with him ripping enemies with his bare hands. SPOILER: Didn't disappoint much though cause he still had a scene doing just that - which of course resulted in him getting infected and consequently dying.

Just read yesterday that the teaser they put out got over 3.5 million hits on Youtube in a matter of 3 days, which is the most views of any online HBO promo ever.

Guess people like this show.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."