• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Is AV good enough to make the all star game?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Maybe not, but it might not be as far off as we might think. After his first 20/20 game of his career, he will be 10.5/11.5 .75 blks and 1.5 steals. He is known for his defense, but he is now 4th in the league in rebounding, 2nd in the east only behind the starting center in Howard. If they take 2 centers, who is more deserving? Hibbert? Greg Monroe? McGee? Chandler?

Most likely they dont take 2 centers, but as we get closer to the All Star game, I expect Andy to get some love from the National Media.

They're supposed to take two centers, Andy should have a shot. THe problem he'll have is our schedule the next couple of weeks will make it quite tough to get wins.

They're supposed to take two centers, Andy should have a shot. THe problem he'll have is our schedule the next couple of weeks will make it quite tough to get wins.

Andy wont need wins, just stats and respect. Get the ppg up to 12 and the rebound up to 12 and he actually has a great shot.

And what if Dwight is traded to the Western conference? ;)

Andy's definitely in the discussion this year, but Chandler's shooting percentage is currently 70%, which is pretty sick. Andy's shooting 49% which is below his career average. Andy with 10.4 PPG 11.5 RPG, Chandler with 11.0 PPG 10.1 RPG, so no big difference there... both guys averaging a double double, both great defenders (Chandler was second team all-defense last year; Andy was second team all-defense the year before), Andy with a few more steals and Chandler with a few more blocks. Neither team has a great record, though we have overachieved while NY has been a big disappointment, so that's to be considered as well.

I hope he gets the nod. He really does deservce it. He's more than the stat line he is putting up, even though those numbers are pretty damn respectable at this point.

Hes certainly playing well enough to get the nod from the coaches I think Hell, even the super-homer Celtics announcers were raving about him. It would be hilarious to see him hustling, roughing other guys up while everyone else is coasting through the game trying to jack up threes.

I'll never forgive AV for that junk he threw up at the end of Game 3 in the 2007 Finals. Cost us the game and the chance to compete in the series.

I'll never forgive AV for that junk he threw up at the end of Game 3 in the 2007 Finals. Cost us the game and the chance to compete in the series.

Are you serious? Aside from Lebron, Varejao is by far one of the biggest reasons we even went to the Finals. Winning game 3 would have only meant the series ended in 5 games instead of a sweep.

Really? You honestly can blame losing a series on one shot in the third game?

Literally nobody in history will try as hard as Varejao to get rebounds and hustle plays in an all-star game. It's gonna be great to see

Literally nobody in history will try as hard as Varejao to get rebounds and hustle plays in an all-star game. It's gonna be great to see

this guy disagrees

rodman_dive_600.jpg

Andy may be a close second, though.

edit: oops, I missed where you said "in an all-star game", but Rodman did have 13 rebounds in 25 minutes in an all star game.

I'd love to see it but I think people will prolly vote Hibbert over him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."