• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Is AV good enough to make the all star game?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He deserves it, but he would need someone in the national media to get behind him. Get Bill Simmons to write an article about him, and he has a shot.

Its probably going to be Dwight/Hibbert. With overrated Noah getting way more votes than he actually deserves.

Its probably going to be Dwight/Hibbert. With overrated Noah getting way more votes than he actually deserves.

The good news is that Varejao should get the coaches' pick before Noah based on their play this season.

Andy has a very little chance to make it. And rightfully so. Roy Hibbert's team is winning. It should go to him.

Maybe if we had a little better record, but we don't.

And what if Dwight is traded to the Western conference? ;)

The all star game is in Orlando this year.

Some people think that there is no way Dwight gets traded before the Allstar game because the Magic don't want Dwight to come home like that for the Allstar game.

I'd love to see it but I think people will prolly vote Hibbert over him.

I agree that Hibbert gets in over Varejao, but the people don't have a vote for the bench right?

Either way, I'd say Andy is having a better season than Hibbert, but someone from Indiana has to be taken, and I think it's probably going to be Hibbert.

He deserves it, but he would need someone in the national media to get behind him. Get Bill Simmons to write an article about him, and he has a shot.

Simmons was actually very complimentary of Varejao in his column today.

I don't think that will matter at all when it comes to coaches voting for reserves, but it was nice to see AV getting some love from an unlikely source.

Does anybody play defense and take charges in an All Star game?

Coaches around the league love what Andy brings and realize it's not just empty stats, but they invariably reward winning.

It would be a nice touch, though, if they squeezed Anderson in this year knowing Hibbert should have plenty more chances. After all, they didn't name him all the years we were winning and Andy was splitting minutes with a bunch of other bigs.

Are you serious? Aside from Lebron, Varejao is by far one of the biggest reasons we even went to the Finals. Winning game 3 would have only meant the series ended in 5 games instead of a sweep.

People say that, but there is no way to know. If we take Game 3, we're in the series, and maybe we take Game 4. That shot was inexcusable, and should have led to his being cut after the season.

In order for Andy to make the all star team we need to have a respectable record so the coaches aren't forced to put Hibbert in because of record. If he doesn't make the team it will be a travesty.

By the way if he makes it I better not see a thread talking about how pissed you are Andy is hanging out and laughing with Lebron.

Stats wise, there isnt one center that deserves it besides Howard. Andy has been busting ass all season and is a major factor in our success, but sadly he wont get the nod. Im not sure if people realize how valuable to his team. I guarantee if Hibbert went down, than Indy would be just as fine, if not better because they could push the ball a little more. Bargs had a few good games, but no way a Raptor gets voted in. Noah is a bumb who makes 10 mil a year. Varejao plays his game but better. The only difference is Noah may have some length on him.

I remember Z having a decent year in between his all star appearance, and I kept thinking he deserves to be the backup, but they kept putting Bosh in. Either him or Stoudamire are gonna get in as a "backup C". When in all reality, they dont even mean as much to their teams as Andy does. Hell NY has two "superstars" that shouldnt even be in the all star game based on their performance thus far. Too many guys are going to get in because of "superstar title or big market bias"

PG-Rose/D.Williams (title and location)/Lou Williams (76ers need someone if theyre the 4 seed)
SG-Wade/Ray Allen
SF-Lebron/Granger/Josh Smith
PF-Melo (Forward vote)/Garnett("Legacy",no other forwards I can think of)
C-Howard/Stoudamire

No way D.Williams, or the 2 Knicks deserve it. They should have a rule where if your under .500 you cant have an all star (unless its overwhelming like last years Kevin Love), and if you dont have home court you cant have 2 all stars. The fact that two knicks who arent even in the playoffs are going to make the playoffs makes me sick.

Pierce and Rondo shouldnt get in because of the year theyre having (injuries and suck). If Garnett doesnt get in, I can see Joe Johnson for his roster spot, and slide Smith down. Based on stats and meaning to the team, Kyrie and Andy should get some recognition.

People say that, but there is no way to know. If we take Game 3, we're in the series, and maybe we take Game 4. That shot was inexcusable, and should have led to his being cut after the season.

Wow...you have to be kidding...right? I don't want to flame you if you are being sarcastic...so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you honestly think that one shot loses any team a 7 game series, any other basketball knowledge you try to promote is seriously in question. And then, you top it off by suggesting that the Cavs should have cut one of their better players for one shot.

Wow dude...wow.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."