• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs sign PG Ben Uzoh to 10 day contract

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Interesting choice of pick up out of the blue.

Hmmm...This can mean 3 things:

A. Kyrie is going to be out for 1-2 weeks
B. Razor Ramon is on the move
C. Both

I have a feeling it's A with B in the long term plans

I have no idea what he has done in the NBA, but he was a really good college player at Tulsa. With KI injured and Sessions on the block this move makes a lot of sense. I wonder if this means that Manny's chance with the Cavs has passed?

C. Both

Both A and B sound correct to me but I would love some info on this new player I never heard of him. Edit--thanks for posting the info already.

[video=youtube;i4tWgL3Zxfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4tWgL3Zxfw[/video]

Well, he's athletic..

C. Both

From Tom Reed: Ramon Sessions told he will start which all but rules out Kyrie Irving for tonight.

I don't know much of anything about Uzoh, but this seems like a good move to add depth to our guard position and perhaps most importantly (in the short term) another practice player.

Draft Express had the following on him...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ben-Uzoh-5838/

Another player who will be helped by his impressive measurements is Tulsa’s Ben Uzoh—at 6-2 ¾ without shoes with a 6-9 wingspan, which is the largest of any of the point guard prospects at the camp. Combine that with his fantastic leaping ability and strong overall athletic ability and you have a very impressive prospect from a physical standpoint. Uzoh still has plenty of wrinkles to iron out in his game, but he’s definitely someone NBA teams will be keeping close tabs on. His measurements are similar to that of Antonio Daniels, just better.

There is additional info at the link.

Why not Manny Harris?

I'm assuming the reason is that we already know what we have with Manny. We need a PG with Kyrie out, this is our chance to test drive other options. If Ben works out well, that doesn't mean we still couldn't also add Manny in the event Ramon were to get traded down the road for a pick.

I've heard of this dude. He's nothing special. I mean he's a good ball handler at least.

I feel like this is just to backup up sessions for now and then ease Kyrie back into the lineup. I can't seem him being out more than a week, but when he comes back they'll ease him back into his spot. Hopefully this gives us a better opportunity to lose a few, and showcase sessions. I don't know how I feel about the LAC win.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."