• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavs sign PG Ben Uzoh to 10 day contract

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I feel like this is just to backup up sessions for now and then ease Kyrie back into the lineup. I can't seem him being out more than a week, but when he comes back they'll ease him back into his spot. Hopefully this gives us a better opportunity to lose a few, and showcase sessions. I don't know how I feel about the LAC win.

It depends. The NBA's new concussion rule means players have to pass a variety of tests before they can come back in. For instance, long distance treadmill running, and other tests closely monitored by doctors. These tests can take quite a bit of time.

Since concussions are not common in the NBA, they really want to ensure that a player doesn't return before he is 100%. In the NFL concussions are so common, their requirements to be medically cleared are a lot less than what the NBA as just installed.

I've heard of this dude. He's nothing special. I mean he's a good ball handler at least.
I'm sure a lot of people reacted in the same way when Lin went from the D-league to the Knicks.
Maybe let's give him 10 days before judging him?

I'm assuming the reason is that we already know what we have with Manny. We need a PG with Kyrie out, this is our chance to test drive other options. If Ben works out well, that doesn't mean we still couldn't also add Manny in the event Ramon were to get traded down the road for a pick.

Unless they get one back in a trade for Ramon, the Cavs are going to need another PG on hand to back up Kyrie. Why not take Kyrie being out as an opportunity to evaluate some PG's? Anything that makes the Cavs lose some game is ok in my book.

In addition, I would think Eyenga is going to up for a while, and with Boobie, Gee, Kyrie, and eventually Parker (when healthy) all getting some time at SG, there isn't really room for minutes at the 2. At this point there's really no reason to bring Manny up. He'd just ride the bench. Might as well let him continue to play in Canton and wait for an opportunity to pop up. It's bound to happen sooner than later this season.

His measurements are similar to that of Antonio Daniels, just better.

Holy shit.

I'm assuming the reason is that we already know what we have with Manny. We need a PG with Kyrie out, this is our chance to test drive other options. If Ben works out well, that doesn't mean we still couldn't also add Manny in the event Ramon were to get traded down the road for a pick.

It could also mean that Ben Uzoh is the guy they rank the highest. You get who you feel is the best available guy, even if it's at your deepest position.

Curious why they chose Uzoh over other options?

There are a number of other PGs out there with more NBA experience. Keith MacLeod was on the Canton roster

they must be looking for a another player they can develop( i.e another Gee) rather than a vet to fill a need

he did play for the nets last year

The 23-year-old from Tulsa spent the 2010-11 season with the New Jersey Nets, playing in 42 games and posting averages of 3.8 points on .424 shooting, 1.5 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 10.4 minutes per game.

how much of this signing is an indictment of Boobie ever playing PG again?

Sorry I had alot running through my mind and the fingers were flying. Surprised about the pickup to say the least.

our scouts found Gee in the D-League so maybe this will work out for us and Uzoh

If he ever pans out, he will be a very cheap option at the back up pg slot.

Finally! I've been clamoring for a young talented pg for years now.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."