• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Wallace to Browns?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bigjmac0815

Banned
Reaction score
Incarcerated Bob @incarceratedbob
**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Mike Wallace suitors are lining up ( Via trade OR Poison Pill Contract Offer ) Browns / Bengals / Rams / SF

I know it's from incarceratedbob but think about it. He's young, he's the downfield threat we've been looking for. And what a way to piss off Pittsburgh since they're way over the cap and not going to be able to tag or sign Wallace to a deal

Only if this guarantees us drafting RG3. I don't want to see Wallace out running Colt's noodle armed throws.

I know it's from incarceratedbob but think about it. He's young, he's the downfield threat we've been looking for. And what a way to piss off Pittsburgh since they're way over the cap and not going to be able to tag or sign Wallace to a deal

tumblr_lxgpznPu2T1r5tnv4.gif

Pertaining to the "poison pill offer sheet, Im pretty sure that the new CBA doesnt allow for that anymore.

“Poison pill” for offer sheets removed from CBA
Posted by Mike Florio on February 14, 2012, 2:25 PM EST

With teams like the Steelers and the Texans facing the departure via restricted free agency of players like Mike Wallace and Arian Foster, respectively, in exchange for merely a first-round draft pick, the question becomes whether teams like the Steelers and the Texans would match an offer sheet signed with a new team by players like by Wallace or Foster, respectively, with a new team.

Embedded in that question is the question of whether the “poison pill” feature devised six years ago by the Vikings, guard Steve Hutchinson, and his agents still exists.

Per a source with intimate knowledge of the new CBA, it doesn’t. The ability of one team to sign a player to an offer sheet and include a term that would, for example, make the entire amount of the contract fully guaranteed if the player plays more than four games in the stadium where his current team plays, has disappeared.

In Hutchinson’s case, the entire amount of his March 2006 offer from the Vikings would have become fully guaranteed if at any point during the life of the deal he hadn’t been the highest-paid offensive lineman on the team. Since former Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones was making more per year than the Vikings had offered Hutchinson, Hutchinson’s full contract would have become guaranteed the moment the Seahawks matched the offer that Minnesota had made.

The so-called “poison pill” was never used again following a tit-for-tat that had the Seahawks take former Vikings receiver Nate Burleson via a similar device (and after, we were told at the time, Vikings and Seahawks executives were dressed down at the next set of league meetings). So, with most teams unwilling to use it, it made sense for the players to give it up in exchange for other concessions at the bargaining table."

I have no problem with Bob saying teams are interested. Where I have a problem is when he says things are eminent or definite when everyone and their mother knows he's just guessing.

I would also give a 22 for Wallace. This would REALLY make me hope Griffin drops to 4 because it'd be very difficult to trade up to 2 or 3 to get him without the 22 pick.

Would u guys give 22 for Wallace?

Yes, I would take Mike Wallace over Kendall Wright or Michael Floyd. However; I would hate to give the Steelers a 2nd 1st round pick because they will probably find someone who will be a 14 time all pro with the pick.

Okay cuz if we signed him we'd have to give up a first rounder

Wouldn't we have to give up #4 though? I thought in these situations that if a team has multiple picks in a specific round, then they have to give up the highest pick.

I thought you had to give up your teams first round pick….which would be the 4…..not the 22.

Unless a sign and trade is done with compensation being specified as the 22

Ya I'm not giving pittsburgh a 1st rounder. Would much rather go after Stevie Johnson then mike Wallace. Plus we would have to surrender are 4th pick not the 22nd.

Wouldn't we have to give up #4 though? I thought in these situations that if a team has multiple picks in a specific round, then they have to give up the highest pick.

I looked it up and it said a first round pick....doesnt say that we have to give up the highest, i could be wrong from what i read though

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."