• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Mike Wallace to Browns?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ya I'm not giving pittsburgh a 1st rounder. Would much rather go after Stevie Johnson then mike Wallace. Plus we would have to surrender are 4th pick not the 22nd.

Stevie Johnson and Greg Little is kind of repetitive. Would much rather have a deep threat to pair with Greg. Not saying I would trade the 4th pick for Wallace though.

There's nothing wrong with having little and Johnson, and you can always draft a burner like a wright or Adams somewhere in the draft to help with your speed at the position. I'm also very interested in Brandon Carr cb from Kansas city. They just signed Routt from Oakland and will likely place the franchise on bowe leave Carr to free agency. I would love to see us make a run at him and a wr.

Would I do it for #22? One would be insane to not do so. Little problem though:

1. FA starts before the draft. Pairing Wallace w/ RG3 would be awesome - but we won't have RG3 yet. So if the asking price to move up to grab RG3 is our two 1sts - we no longer have that leverage. It's a risky gamble to play
2. Wallace is a RFA - meaning he can really pick where he wants to go. He can negotiate his own deal.

The only chance the Browns have is giving up the 22nd pick - which is our top asset in getting RG3. Again - it's a risky play.

i could see the steelers trading him if his price is to high, but I can not see them trading him to a division rival.

Why would the Steelers ever do this?

they are 11mio over the cap as far as i know so they probably can't afford to sign him to a huge contract unless they cut some players

on a side-note while giving up #22 normally would be a no brainer for somebody as good as Wallace i'm not sure i'd do it right now considering that it could cost us the chance of getting RG 3

Borrowing this from ForeverRebuilding on the OBR:

Browns - "Hey New York Giants, if you sign Mike Wallace to a ridicuously front-loaded offer sheet that Pittsburgh can't match, giving up the 32nd pick in the draft, we'll trade you the 22nd pick for him."

Giants - "Hey Browns, you mean I can move up 10 spots in the draft for nothing?"

Browns - "Well, there is some paperwork involved..."

:)

We wont know what St. Louis' asking price is for #2 after Flynn and Manning are off the market....if both go to Washington and Miami, i think we'll be able to stand pat at #4 for RGIII

The real question i have is it the 4th pick or the 22nd pick, as far as i knew you had to trade your pick which would be the 4th not Atlantas...But if someone could clear this up it would be much appreciated

The real question i have is it the 4th pick or the 22nd pick, as far as i knew you had to trade your pick which would be the 4th not Atlantas...But if someone could clear this up it would be much appreciated

On OBR, they are saying we'd have to surrender #4

It's not a good idea anymore

On OBR, they are saying we'd have to surrender #4

It's not a good idea anymore

Yeah...no chance in hell for the #4, but I'd do it 100 times out of 100 for the #22. He's one of the best young receivers in the league, and aside from Desean Jackson, he might be the best deep threat. The player you get at #22 might amount to nothing in his career, where in Wallace you'd be getting a known commodity at a relatively low price. The Steelers are in cap hell right now and that's the only reason this guy might change teams. That being said, the Browns apparently can't use the #22 pick for him unless it comes in a trade, and I'm sure the league has some sort of restriction on how quickly a player can be traded after he's signed (meaning that setting up a gentlemen's agreement with another team may not be possible). I'd love to add a guy like Wallace, but definitely not at the cost of the #4.

On another note, why the hell wouldn't the Patriots be the ones going after Wallace? They have two 1sts this year and they always just end up trading them anyway. Can you imagine Wallace blowing the top off defenses with Hernandez, Gronk, and Welker cleaning up behing him? NE generally isn't the type to make these types of signings, but it'd be an opportunity to get a great young receiver for Brady and weaken one of their top competitors in the AFC. Pretty much seems like the ideal fit to me.

Yeah NE would be perfect for him, ive also been hearing that San Fran is really intersted as well...They have a late first round pick which you wouldnt normally get the type of talent you would get in Wallace, Plus they really need a Wideout as well i believe they only had 1 catch from a reciever in the NFC Championship game...

OBR is obviously wrong though, Incarcerated Bob already pointed out that we're lined up to get him. Browns must be willing to move that #4 for Wallace!

/sarcasm

This is a big boatload of stupid from incarceratedbob.

1) If we signed him to an offer sheet, we'd have to give up #4, not #22
2) The only other option would be to trade for him and I have a feeling the Steelers aren't too inclined to send their best WR to a divisional rival.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."