• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damage

fuckface
Reaction score
From Jeff Schudel of The news Herald:
#Browns Pat Shurmur said today he expects Colt McCoy to improve dramatically. He also said RG3 talk is premature.

I know Shurmer isn't going to say they want RG3 - & this could very well be the beginning of my favorite time of year (smoke screen time!). You could make the case for passing on RG3 but I hope it's not because of McCoy and his potential development.

Worst case is you draft RG3 and McCoy comes out like gangbusters next season - giving us a Brees/Rivers situation

Yea, im sure its just a smokescreen. If the Browns really think Colt is still our guy, than we have problems.

If you ask me right now to give a reason why he would say this right now I would have to say probablt to try and convince teams they are not interested in RG3 so teams would be hesitant to trade up to number 2. However he could be speaking the truth, who knows. All I know is our great beat reporters don't even have the slightest clue what the organization is thinking.

All I know is our great beat reporters don't even have the slightest clue what the organization is thinking.

55624d1329385390-your-848-picture-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

When we drafted Haden, we had convinced the media that his 40 time was a serious concern, and people all of a sudden were predicting Haden to drop into the late 1st/ early 2nd round. Even though the early rumors had Haden strongly favored to end up with the Browns, by the time we picked him on draft day, everyone was surprised. If you want RGIII, but by draft day you're convinced the Browns have no interest in RGIII, you'll probably be in for some good news.

I know Shurmer isn't going to say they want RG3 - & this could very well be the beginning of my favorite time of year (smoke screen time!). You could make the case for passing on RG3 but I hope it's not because of McCoy and his potential development.

If Shurmur/Holmgren/Heckert want RGIII, we'll find out as the trade is announced. With other teams competing for the same player and the price going up if any strong interest or plan is revealed, the only information you'll hear from Berea will need to be taken with a whole lick of salt.

Yea, im sure its just a smokescreen. If the Browns really think Colt is still our guy, than we have problems.

Could be neither, too. It could very well be him just speaking the truth (saying it's premature doesn't necessarily mean they aren't interested, it just means they're still weighing their options). And if they pass on him, it doesn't necessarily mean they think Colt is still our guy. It could also be that they don't see RGIII as a legit franchise QB and/or they see a better opportunity (as far as another guy at that spot in the draft) elsewhere.

I'm sure they wanna watch griffin in the combine and pro day plus interviews to make sure he's the guy

Withers just reported that the Browns have talked to Mike Adams from OSU about playing RT.

INDIANAPOLIS -- Browns general manager Tom Heckert is not attending the NFL Combine because he's ill, a team spokesman said.
It's a minor illness and Heckert should be fine by next week, a source said.
The Browns other top personnel men, Jon Sandusky and John Spytek, are here evaluating college prospects as usual. Sandusky is the Browns director of player personnel and Spytek is the director of college scouting.
The Browns coaching staff, including head coach Pat Shurmur and offensive coordinator Brad Childress, is also here interviewing players and watching them work out.
Team spokesman Neal Gulkis said Heckert is not expected to show up for any of the Combine, which runs through Tuesday. The Browns have the No. 4 and No. 22 picks in the first round and this draft is pivotal.
The Browns will work hard here to determine if they should trade up to No. 2 to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. Teams can interview up to 60 players for a total of 15 minutes. However, teams can also bring in up to 30 players for visits in Berea, and attend their Pro Days on their college campuses.
Heckert has had two strong drafts in Cleveland, which have produced starters such as Colt McCoy, Greg Little, Joe Haden, T.J. Ward, Jabaal Sheard, Phil Taylor, Shawn Lauvao and Jason Pinkston.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/02/cleveland_browns_gm_tom_hecker_8.html

Doesn't sit well with me.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."