• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 NFL Draft Rumor Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Browns general manager Tom Heckert is not attending the NFL Combine because he's ill

Doesn't sit well with me.

He's going to be using Skyping in on the interviews and they'll be taped as well. Color me unconcerned.

I think Tom Heckert understands the importance of real football talent vs. workout talent (see Joe Haden), and I'm sure he already has our board close to set. I think the interviews are the most important part of the combine, and I'm sure he'll have his input, as has been mentioned.

Let the other teams get caught up in how fast guys can run with no pads on, and how many reps they can do of one of the most functionally useless lifts there is. Our guy will focus on football ability and what he saw on the field.

I've heard that Heckert has actually been hospitalized for a month now which is another reason why he didn't attend the Senior Bowl though I wasn't allowed to hear the reason for his hospitalization.

This Tom Heckert MIA thing Is because he knows he is taking RG3.... I guess his job is done and left the rest of the picks up to the coaching staff. Yeap....

Rams willing to trade down

Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2012, 11:12 PM EST

AP
It’s widely believed that the Colts will pick a quarterback with the first selection in the 2012 draft. It’s also widely believed that the Rams will then auction the ability to take the next quarterback with the second selection in the 2012 draft to the highest bidder.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported earlier today that multiple teams already have had preliminary discussions with the Rams, that the Rams are willing to trade the pick, and that the Rams likely will end up doing so.

The team that makes the most sense is the Browns, given that they hold the fourth overall pick and the 22nd pick, which they acquired as part of the Julio Jones trade. And coach Pat Shurmur left the door open to a possible trade up, telling reporters that the team would not “be hesitant at all” to make a move.

“You evaluate everything,” Shurmur said, according to the News-Journal. “I wouldn’t say we’re hesitant to do anything. We’re excited about the fact that we’re going to make our team better with this draft. That’s the way we approach it. We’re not hesitant at all.

“We can just stand pat and take two really fine players, guys that we would hope to be starters for us. Having two first-round picks, you have flexibility if you want to do something.”

Yep. They’re gonna try to trade up. Or, as offensive coordinator Brad Childress would say, the idea of trading up isn’t a programmatic non-fit.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/23/rams-willing-to-trade-down/

Miami and KC won their coin tosses so the order for 9-12 is:

8. Miami
9. Carolina
10. Bills
11. Chiefs
12. Seattle

according to chris fedor, RGIII measured at 6'2 and 3/8. Not official yet

I'm hearing, albeit on WKNR, that the Browns are expected to make a play for Matt Flynn. Also, with that rumor, they're saying we're giving up the franchise tag cost...

I call bullshit.

Yeah I don't like the Flynn rumor already. I don't want to pay him that money especially if it costs a high 2md rounder as well. I'd rather give up 22 and trade up for rg3

Yea at this point I would much rather have RG3. Even if it means trading up. Either way, both are massive upgrades over what we currently have no at the position.

I don't think Flynn is that big of an upgrade over Mccoy but that is just my opinion from what I have seen from him in his two starts. I think the weapons that Flynn had to work with really benefited him and we just don't have those kind of options on are roster. With RG3's measurements coming in now I think its a no brainer to go up and get him. I just don't want to play this game of taking teams back up qb's and trying to make them starters.

@McClain_on_NFL
RG3 is 6-2, 3/8, 223. Some, including me, thought he might be closer to 6-1 but it's official. That's a good start for the Baylor QB.
1 hour ago

Flynn is the wrong call in my opinion. Below average college stats, limited number of college starts, 2 NFL appearances (albeit fantastic). Wayyyyy too much risk involved. I'd rather pay more for a prospect that is superior in every category. If Flynn was in the draft, knowing what we know about him, he would be picked significantly behind RG3.

@McClain_on_NFL
RG3 is 6-2, 3/8, 223. Some, including me, thought he might be closer to 6-1 but it's official. That's a good start for the Baylor QB.
1 hour ago

Maybe he's heightening.

[video=youtube;dMuKdtzkzDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMuKdtzkzDk[/video]

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-12: "Max Strus Juice"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."