• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Antawn Wants and Expects to Remain with Cavs

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
No team in their right mind would trade young assets for Antawn.

There are a lot of reasons why teams give away young assets, and some of them are even rational. Getting a stretch 4 on an expiring contract is one of those reasons. Other times its because the team doesn't have roster spots or they don't have the cap flexibility to deal with an impending free agency.

It wasn't that long ago that a team gave up a first round pick to get Antawn and that team had to absorb his salary for the next two years. Since the Cavs are willing to take back salary right now, they could probably even get a better deal than Jamison's last trade.

While a trade isn't guaranteed, Grant will certainly get some offers for Antawn in the next 20 days. We'll just have to see if any are good enough to justify absorbing the bad contracts that will no doubt come along with the young assets.

Hell, the Cavs would get offers even if Antawn couldn't play because he's an expiring contract. But the guy can contribute shots and rebounding if the team can offset his defensive liabilities.

If there was ONE thing I'd really dislike, and would make me want to harm people, it would be if Antawn was brought back. Not a pretty sight.

Jamison is playing for a contract next year... I would want to stay too and put up big numbers instead of coming off the bench... Better numbers = bigger pay day...

Of course he wants Cleveland to pay his gigantic salary.

Didn't he say he wanted to finish his career with the Bobcats since he grew up in NC?

Didn't he say he wanted to finish his career with the Bobcats since he grew up in NC?

I doubt he meant to make any sort of commitment beyond the end of this season, but hey, if the Cavs for some reason decided to offer him a great offer, I'm sure he'd listen.

berneydidnotread.gif

Jamison, GTFO

I don't blame him...Cleveland is an amazing city this time of year.
Really is... There's a true renaissance going on around here that you would have to see to believe...

2232308574_e90ef728a1.jpg

So, we got a Harry and the Hendersons situation goin' on? Time to bring in John Lithgow.

He did say that but he is only refering to this year with the CAVS. Next season he is gone for nothing so why not try and trade him for something?

He did say that but he is only refering to this year with the CAVS. Next season he is gone for nothing so why not try and trade him for something?

Exactly! Antawn may be a really nice guy, and may be able to score 22 points a game if he hoists-up 70 shots, but I'd rather trade him for some wood-glue than keep him here, and let him leave for nothing... which he will, because the Cavaliers wont even offer him a diet sprite (Jab @ LBJ) to stay here.

The problem is that no one really needs a guy with Antawn's game for the money he's owed and we don't want to take back a bad contract just to move him. He's a good dude, he's playing hard, and he's probably good in the locker room. I think we're just gonna have to accept the fact that he's here for a couple more months.

I can't be the only person here who likes Antawn. I say keep him around if we can do it without destroying other future plans.

I like him. I definitely understand the frustrations, and was super bummed at his play when he showed up originally, but he's a good vet to have around. If he'd take a vet min contract I'd keep him, but I would dump any money into him.

No way in hell he takes the veterans minimum. And I like his game lately too, but right now he is helping us get worthless wins that are gonna end up getting us a late lottery pick. We need to lose games, but let our young players develop. Terrible timing for Antwan to turn it on right when Andy gets hurt.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."