• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Derrick Rose signs $200 Million Dollar Plus Endorsement deal with Adidas!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Who says these guys are stupid for wanting to get to big markets at any cost? He doesn't get this kind of mind numbing deal in Cleveland. Just unreal.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....didas-goes-from-super-rich-to-obscenely-rich/

Listen don't talk out your ass Lebron as a rookie got a 90 million dollar deal, a rookie not the reigning mvp of the league. He re-upted in 2010 for around the same money for 7 more years while he was a Cavalier.

Roses deal is a 13 year deal with less guaranteed per year than the lebron deals.

Stop Shitting on Cleveland there is enough media to do that for you.

Listen don't talk out your ass Lebron as a rookie got a 90 million dollar deal, a rookie not the reigning mvp of the league. He re-upted in 2010 for around the same money for 7 more years while he was a Cavalier.

Roses deal is a 13 year deal with less guaranteed per year than the lebron deals.

Yeah, but , you see, they knew LeBron would EVENTUALLY go to a big market, so that's why they paid him all that money. Yeah. It was sort of a down-payment for later. Yeah. ;)

Yeah, but , you see, they knew LeBron would EVENTUALLY go to a big market, so that's why they paid him all that money. Yeah. It was sort of a down-payment for later. Yeah. ;)

Yea let me know when he gets to that bigger Market... LOL MIAMI

lol and people think ORL has a shot at keeping Dwight because they can offer him more money

Yea let me know when he gets to that bigger Market... LOL MIAMI

Well, you see, Miami is a bigger market because it's... it's... it's... GLITZIER than Cleveland. Yeah, yeah. It's glitzier than Cleveland so that means it's more glamorous. And as everyone knows, glamor sells. Yeah, I'm almost starting to believe this myself! ;)

You don't realize how bad Miami is until you spend 3-4 days there. I can't imagine spending more time than it takes to go to a conference or some kind of business trip, much less making a career down there.

Look guys...Adidas isn't stupid. They realized that they were lucky to get him in early in his career and knew that they had to do absolutely anything they could to keep him. You can't make an attempt to compete with Nike in the basketball market unless you have some stars, and Rose is obviously the biggest guy they have and also happens to play in a huge market. If you let Rose walk, you might as well shut down the basketball division.

Lebron is a once in a generation talent and a phenomenon when he came into the league. You are comparing apples and oranges comparing his situation to Roses.

I look at Kyrie as close compliment to Rose in a few years. MVP caliber point guard, but not the transcendent talent Lebron was.

If Kyrie gets a $200 million dollar shoe deal in Cleveland I will be glad to eat crow, but I don't think if Rose isn't in Chicago he gets no where near that for what he is in the league right now. Chris Paul was a similar player and got nothing like that when he was in N.O.

I think that Rose being in Chicago jacked his price up tremendously on the shoe deal.

Using Lebron as an example though is ridiculous considering we haven't before, and haven't since seen anything like him coming into the league.

Look guys...Adidas isn't stupid. They realized that they were lucky to get him in early in his career and knew that they had to do absolutely anything they could to keep him. You can't make an attempt to compete with Nike in the basketball market unless you have some stars, and Rose is obviously the biggest guy they have and also happens to play in a huge market. If you let Rose walk, you might as well shut down the basketball division.
lol? a certain center who is kinda good at defense says hi

lol? a certain center who is kinda good at defense says hi

Um...a 23-year-old reigning MVP says hi. I certainly knew Howard is still with Adidas when I said that. Everyone knows big men just aren't as marketable as guards, and Rose seems to be a guy that is universally liked. Howard might have been at one point, but all this crap about actively talking about teams he'd like to play while still playing in Orlando has certainly soured quite a few people on him. Rose is going to be the face of Adidas basketball for a long time.

Lebron is a once in a generation talent and a phenomenon when he came into the league. You are comparing apples and oranges comparing his situation to Roses.

I look at Kyrie as close compliment to Rose in a few years. MVP caliber point guard, but not the transcendent talent Lebron was.

If Kyrie gets a $200 million dollar shoe deal in Cleveland I will be glad to eat crow, but I don't think if Rose isn't in Chicago he gets no where near that for what he is in the league right now. Chris Paul was a similar player and got nothing like that when he was in N.O.

I think that Rose being in Chicago jacked his price up tremendously on the shoe deal.

Using Lebron as an example though is ridiculous considering we haven't before, and haven't since seen anything like him coming into the league.

You can try and spin it all you want, Lebron an highschool an unproven college and NBA player going pro got 90 million for 7 years in a small market. Adidas gave a current super star and the reigning mvp a 185 million dollar deal with incentives to reach 200 over 13 years. The point is they gambled on a highschool kid that everyone knew was going to Cleveland ( a small market). To suggest that if the Rose was in Cleveland and on a contender that he would get less is absurd. Stop bashing Cleveland dude and stop buying into the media hype.

Stop bashing Cleveland dude and stop buying into the media hype.

I am not bashing CLeveland at all. I have lived here all my life and love the place. You need to stop being so sensitive.

There are plenty of league MVP's from smaller markets (Steve Nash,KG) that never saw a fraction of the contract Rose got from Adidas.

To pretend this doesn't play into these guys minds is putting your head in the sand. Having Rose in the 3rd largest media market in the country makes him more valuable to Adidas, and to think otherwise is naive.

I bet you would tell me that Chris Paul's star power won't grow now that he is in L.A as opposed to NO won't you.

Lebron is the exception, as once in a generation talents usually are when it comes to endorsement money. Market didn't matter with him. For "normal" stars that aren't transcendent "I.E everyone other than Lebron/Kobe) it absolutely factors into the equation.

I don't like it, but I accept it is the world we live in. Doesn't make me a Cleveland hater. No need for the inferiority complex of lashing out and attacking when anyone says anything about Cleveland that isn't all Rah-Rah.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."