• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

A GREAT article on the TSA and how they are BS

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2012/01/tsa-fail.html

I can't quote the whole article, as it is quite a long read, but this money quote just stuck out to me the moment I read it...

Former DHS Inspector General Richard Skinner dropped this bomb, “The ability of TSA screeners to stop prohibited items from being carried through the sterile areas of the airports fared no better than the performance of screeners prior to September 11, 2001.”

Again, a long read, but quite worth it. It's time for America to WAKE UP. No more bullshit.

http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2012/01/tsa-fail.html

I can't quote the whole article, as it is quite a long read, but this money quote just stuck out to me the moment I read it...

Again, a long read, but quite worth it. It's time for America to WAKE UP. No more bullshit.

I know you keep bitching about not being able to take water through the security checkpoint, but are you aware that they give you unlimited free water, pop, juice AND ICE on the airplane?

Corey, you once said you have never flown a day in your life. What do you know about the TSA.

So you have no response to the article (which you clearly didn't, and have no intention of reading)?

So you have no response to the article (which you clearly didn't, and have no intention of reading)?

Shut up. You're a 16 year old kid. You've never even been on a plane. None of this means a damn thing to you. Quit pretending it does.

Shut up. You're a 16 year old kid. You've never even been on a plane. None of this means a damn thing to you. Quit pretending it does.

True, but it means a lot to you. I'm shocked the resident roid-head isn't pissed at the garbage the TSA has people do, and for what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

My response : Flown tons of times. Never had a problem with TSA.

Also, why doesn't the article talk about how the TSA also searches for drugs?

Because drugs have nothing to do with airplane safety. You can't kill people on a plane with drugs.

True, but it means a lot to you. I'm shocked the resident roid-head isn't pissed at the garbage the TSA has people do, and for what? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Why does it mean a lot to me? I rarely fly. I don't have a job that requires travel. Yes TSA is bullshit, but it doesn't effect my every day life, and thus, I couldn't care less.

Flying is a privilege. If you don't like it, then drive in the back of your parent's station wagon to Hawaii.

I remember when the politicians were arguing about whether the TSA should be run privately or by the government. Senator Daschle stood on the steps of the Capitol and said (and meant) these words,

"You don't professionalize unless you Federalize."

Douche.

The Senate then exchanged awkward glances amongst themselves, proceeded to burst into laughter, and gave each other high fives.

I've flown internationally several times. Countless flights domestically.

It would ****ing PISS ME OFF if they made me go through a full-body scanner. I'm a paranoid "libertarian" (mostly just paranoid), so I think of omnipotent nanny-state buggery when I hear about that shit.

Otherwise, the TSA has never given me shit really. Just don't be stupid.

My biggest complaint when flying is of the "overweight" or "excess" baggage fees (which is why I only do carry-ons), smelly people, and middle-aged women fawning over me. Either this bitch is trying to steal my wallet or my cock.

I've flown internationally several times. Countless flights domestically.

It would ****ing PISS ME OFF if they made me go through a full-body scanner. I'm a paranoid "libertarian" (mostly just paranoid), so I think of omnipotent nanny-state buggery when I hear about that shit.

Otherwise, the TSA has never given me shit really. Just don't be stupid.

My biggest complaint when flying is of the "overweight" or "excess" baggage fees (which is why I only do carry-ons), smelly people, and middle-aged women fawning over me. Either this bitch is trying to steal my wallet or my cock.

Been through the body scanner before. It took the same time for me to go through normal security than it did for the body scanner. If you are stupid and don't listen to instructions then yes you get frisked and such. If you remove all metal (including belt) walk forward put your arms up and wait 2 seconds you should be fine.

I travel a lot for business and have flown as far west as LA and as far east as Conneticut and I have never had issues with flying.

This includes being on an airplane 1 month after 9/11 flying to London and Paris.

Corey, I'm interested as to how you think airport security should be handled. What kind of things do you have in mind that would give the TSA some legitimacy?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."