• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 RFA's

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MirORich

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
How much would you offer the following 2012 RFA's if you were Chris Grant. Obviously, at this point we can't take into consideration who the Cavs draft. I think in either 2012 or 2013(before we need to extend Kyrie and TT, we'll need to overpay for a free agent. While we have a surplus of draft picks in the next 3-4 years, we may not have another top 5 pick. My offers in parentheses.

Eric Gordon(close to max)
OJ Mayo(6)
Courtney Lee(5)

Nic Batum(close to max)
Wilson Chandler(4)

Brook Lopez(12)
Roy Hibbert(9)
Omer Asik(5-6)

Eric Gordon(close to max) not
OJ Mayo(6) not
Courtney Lee(5) mid level

Nic Batum(close to max) mid level
Wilson Chandler(4) not

Brook Lopez(12) not
Roy Hibbert(9) max
Omer Asik(5-6) 9

You did not mention Kaman who will go for less than max IMO. But I am not interested.

no one...go all out for harden the following year

Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks – $2.5 million – Unrestricted

I think he becomes restricted when the Bucks make qualifying offer. But he might be a good one to go after. He can take Twan's minutes. Floor spacer, good rebounder and very young. I think I like him more than Asik now...

I think we should go after him and Mahinmi from the Mavs. Draft a center with the Lakers pick---Melo or the kid from Vandy maybe.

I wouldn't mind signing a guy like Ilyasova at all. I also wouldn't mind taking a shot at a Lopez | Hibbert but I just don't see us being able to snag them even offering max.

I make big offers to Brook Lopez and [maybe]Eric Gordon, otherwise I don't do anything unless a deal comes by that you can't pass up. Stay under the radar, stay patient.

I'm ABSOLUTELY going to be in the minority, but I offer JaVale McGee $8M per for 3yrs. He's physically talented enough to be a better version of Tyson Chandler. With a quality coach, a high-quality SMART point guard, and a supportive team, I think he could reach his potential. Feel free to bash me for it.

No way in hell Hibbert deserves the max he's putting up 14 and 9, and its been even worse since the all star break. The only guy I look at is Mayo, for a low amount.

I think he becomes restricted when the Bucks make qualifying offer. But he might be a good one to go after. He can take Twan's minutes. Floor spacer, good rebounder and very young. I think I like him more than Asik now...

Ilyasova is unrestricted (different conditions than some of the folks who can be given a qualifying offer). He's going to be expensive. He also has said he may go play overseas (Turkey, his home country) if the money is right.

I'm ABSOLUTELY going to be in the minority, but I offer JaVale McGee $8M per for 3yrs. He's physically talented enough to be a better version of Tyson Chandler. With a quality coach, a high-quality SMART point guard, and a supportive team, I think he could reach his potential. Feel free to bash me for it.

If you want JaVale, you're gonna have to do a whole lot better than 3 years at $8 mill per. If the last few free agencies have taught us anything, it's that at least one team will be desperate enough to give him a contract over $50 mill.

no free agency this year please...just wait patiently to when the Cavs need the last piece to push them over the top...PATIENCE....ps-Harden is the only guy I give the max too

I've been on board with making a big run at Lopez. Fits well next to Thompson and you're set at C (a very tough position to fill) with an already proven player for the next decade since he's still just 24.

Hibbert for sure but Lopez or Asik aren't bad options either

Ilyasova is unrestricted (different conditions than some of the folks who can be given a qualifying offer). He's going to be expensive. He also has said he may go play overseas (Turkey, his home country) if the money is right.

You are correct. I thought I saw a little star next to his name here: http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents.
I read about him mabey going back to Turkey also.

How much do you think he will get? Not sure what price point I would go to. A floor spacing big who can rebound to pair with Tristan and Andy, would be a good fit to replace Jamison. Per 36 this year he is a 16.5 and 11.5 boards and he is shooting 42% from three. Basically a better rebounding/better shooting/better defending/younger Jamison.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."