• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

A closer look at Bradley Beal

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'd take a chance on Fab Melo..but since he is ineligible (poor academics?), that would be a red flag that he might not be that smart. I understand that someone once posted that D-Rose was in the same boat but is basketball smart. Only would draft Melo if Terrance Jones is gone by the time we pick with the Lakers pick (more than likely will happen).

I'd rather have MKG, but Beal is alot more realistic.

I'd LOVE to draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist...but he'll be drafted right before we draft. Just a hunch.

Does anyone else think 'poor man's Josh Smith' when watching Terrence Jones? That's not necessarily a bad thing, and I would certainly consider him if we could move into the late teens and he was available. He seems like another classic tweener though.

edit: err wrong thread, oh well

Def a tweener. Pretty good comparison though, like you said, not a bad thing - just more or less late teens not lottery

I think Brad Beal is a similar case to Irving at the SG spot: very solid all-around game, mature & calm demeanor, talented and extremely polished at a young age... Beal is an extremely talented player but it's not common for someone to posses the talent combined with the polish that he has in his game... Kinda with what we saw with Kyrie coming in... Neither are extremely athletic (tho very good athletes) but rather get by their all-around polish and talent... With that said, I'm not sure if Beal has star potential but I think he is an extremely good prospect... I wouldn't complain getting him at all... Going into this before they played any games, Beal was one of my favorite players I watched in HS...

One more player is Austin Rivers. Top 3 sg: Beal, Lamb and Rivers. So many options here. Hopefully we use the lakers pick and move up by giving away our 2 2nd rounders.

no no no no no no no. Does anyone honestly think Rivers is a good fit next to Kyrie? Because he's not.

Why do people keep saying:

"I would love to get MKG..."

or "I would love to get Davis..."

How about talking about players that we actually have a chance of drafting?

We had a 2% chance of getting Kyrie Irving with the pick we used..

We don't have a chance of drafting either of those guys...? Do you not remember how we got Kyrie? Come on man.

We don't have a chance of drafting either of those guys...? Do you not remember how we got Kyrie? Come on man.

So you're betting on a 2% lottery chance hitting two years in a row?

Not happening.

I bet you think scratch off tickets are your retirement plan too.

Beal's playing right now if anyone is interested.

Not happening.

Thats not how odds work.

Not happening.

We have the same odds we did last year... It's not any more or less likely to happen just because we won last year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."