• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Draft and Stash Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jezzar

Your own Euroleague Guru
Reaction score
As the board's resident Turk and Euroleague fan, I felt like it'd be cool to inform fellow Cavs fans here about international prospects that the Cavs may pick in this draft and stash for a few years.

As many of you guys know, we are very likely to have two picks in the 30-40 range. While we can grab guys who can immediately contribute (I love Jae Crowder's game), it may be a better idea to pick an international prospect with the later pick and stash him for a few years for roster flexibility.

I'm gonna start with the two Turks who will probably enter the 2012 draft. (Can you say homecooking?)

One of those two is Furkan Aldemir who currently plays for Galatasary of Turkish Basketball League. He measures around 6'9.5, 230-235, and plays PF-C. Very similar player to Omer Asik. Rebounds at a very high rate, was 2nd in rebounds per minute in Euroleague before Galatasaray got knocked out of Top 16. He has the potential to be much better than Asik on the offensive end as he already has a go-to jump hook in the post. Obviously not an impact player like Asik on defense partly because he's shorter and partly because he lacks the defensive fundamentals. He will be available around 40-45 range and I see him being a very good rebounder off the bench who will get you a few buckets just by hustling for offensive boards.

The other Turkish prospect is 21 year old Dusan Cantekin (he's actually Serbian but defected for Turkish National Team). Dusan is a much more intriguing prospect as he's 7'4. Weird thing about him is that he's absolutely terrible on defense right now, despite his size. That can probably be fixed with good coaching but there's a possibility that he's going to be the next Shawn Bradley if he gets drafted. On offense he fares much better, as he has shown the ability to hit a 15 footer. For his size he's actually a decent shooter, hitting close to a 70% clip on his free throws. He can finish with either hand and has shown that he can hit a baby hook with either hand. Obviously he's a very raw player but he can be a very interesting stash prospect.

Another very intriguing player is Sevilla's Tomas Satoransky. He's a 20 year old combo guard who plays a very limited role for his club. The intriguing thing about him is that he's 6'7 and he has the ability to play above the rim. While not being a pure point, he has the ability to create for others. His jumper however, is a whole other story. He has a weird looking jumper for a guard and that shows in his shoothing percentages (30% from 3). It is very likely that he will be available our later 2nd round pick. He expressed his desire to play in the NBA more than once, so he can also fill the need for backup PG for Kyrie for cheap.

Another prospect I'm gonna cover is Leon Radosevic of Milano. He's a 20 year old PF who measures around 6'10, 240. While he's definitely not very athletic, he's very smart in terms of reading the game and he has a pure mid range jumper. Think of a Jamison who actually finishes most of the pick and pop opportunities he's given. While being a very good mid range shooter, he doesn't take 3's at all but it is safe to assume that he has the range. On the defensive end, he's not strong enough to keep up with the centers but works hard to deny the ball and hold his ground. I don't see him in the NBA in near future but he might take the Splitter route too.

Another guy who will probably declare next year instead of this one is Augusto Cesar Lima, a 20 year old Brazilian currently playing for Malaga of Spain. He's 6'10 with a 7'1 wingspan. Very athletic player who finishes pick and rolls at a high rate. Excellent hands. He hasn't played a lot this year and his numbers are on the decline, however he has all the tools to be effective in NBA.

Last prospect I'm going to cover is Tornike Shengelia, a 20 year old Georgian, who plays for Charleroi of Belgium. He's having a very productive season, averaging around 20 minutes while scoring 8.3 points and grabbing 4.3 rebounds. He's a 6'9, 220 SF-PF with an incredible motor. Very aggressive player, hustling in every opportunity. He's like Andy if Andy were a SF. Not very skilled offensively in terms of shooting but he's surprisingly a very good ball handler for his size. He scores most of his buckets on fast breaks and by getting to the line. He will be available in mid 2nd round and he is likely to declare to cash in the productive season he's been having.

That is pretty much all that I have in store. Of course, there may be other international players who will get drafted in the 2nd round, but I felt like these players I covered have the greatest potential to be draft and stash players. I hope you guys enjoy the read.

Last edited:
Pet peeve: Shawn Bradley was a very good player, averaged over 3 bpg through his prime. If you go up for as many blocks as he did, you are going to get dunked on. It's more noble to try to block a dunk and get dunked on than run out of the way like a scared girl IMO.

Anyways, if he declares, Lucas Nogeiuiaoureaa from Brasil. AV's running mate. 6'11, rail thin, 7'5 wingspan. Athletic and mobile, very very raw, 19 years old, some questions about his motor. But Cleveland with AV would be the best place for him.

Pet peeve: Shawn Bradley was a very good player, averaged over 3 bpg through his prime. If you go up for as many blocks as he did, you are going to get dunked on. It's more noble to try to block a dunk and get dunked on than run out of the way like a scared girl IMO.

Anyways, if he declares, Lucas Nogeiuiaoureaa from Brasil. AV's running mate. 6'11, rail thin, 7'5 wingspan. Athletic and mobile, very very raw, 19 years old, some questions about his motor. But Cleveland with AV would be the best place for him.

Don't see him declaring this year. Of course, he can surprise me, but as you said he's so raw that he's not going to contribute much. I also don't think he's draft eligible.

Very intriguing prospect though.

I think he is eligible. Wiki:

All drafted players must be at least 19 years old during the calendar year of the draft.[8] To determine whether a player is eligible for a given year's draft, subtract 19 from the year of the draft. If the player was born during or before that year, he is eligible.

So he should be eligible, but DraftExpress has him coming out in 2013.

If we do any draft and stashing, as you call it, I will revolt.

Probably why you did it with Sasha Kaun, Christian Eyenga, etc...go ahead. Revolt. We're waiting.
I think in this case pyro has a point. We have absolutely sucked at the foreign stash. Whatever San Antoinio has figured out there, we just have no clue...

Don't know if we can afford to stash with only seven likely players returning, plus maybe Jamison/Samuels/Harris/etc. Just for fun, we could have....

Three rookies
Two sophomores (Kyrie, TT)
Four undrafted players (Samuels, Harris, Sloan, Gee)

Don't know if we can afford to stash with only seven likely players returning, plus maybe Jamison/Samuels/Harris/etc. Just for fun, we could have....

Three rookies
Two sophomores (Kyrie, TT)
Four undrafted players (Samuels, Harris, Sloan, Gee)

We sure as hell won't go crazy in free agency, but I think they will make a few pickups.

Get used to it now, because I see no way Grant adds 4 rookies to the team. At least one of those picks is going to be a player to stash overseas.

Depends on which rookies we get. But I am thinking this is an area where Z could really help, finding a way to get the international guys to actually come over the pond to Cleveland.. I wonder if there are any Lithuanian bigs coming up...

Depends on which rookies we get. But I am thinking this is an area where Z could really help, finding a way to get the international guys to actually come over the pond to Cleveland.. I wonder if there are any Lithuanian bigs coming up...

If I had to guess we are taking two wing players, backup center, and developmental stash player. (probably a big).

As the board's resident Turkish and Euroleague fan, I felt like it'd be cool to inform fellow Cavs fans here about international prospects that the Cavs may pick in this draft and stash for a few years.

As many of you guys know, we are very likely to have two picks in the 30-40 range. While we can grab guys who can immediately contribute (I love Jae Crowder's game), it may be a better idea to pick an international prospect with the later pick and stash him for a few years for roster flexibility.

I'm gonna start with the two Turks who will probably enter the 2012 draft. (Can you say homecooking?)

One of those two is Furkan Aldemir who currently plays for Galatasary of Turkish Basketball League. He measures around 6'9.5, 230-235, and plays PF-C. Very similar player to Omer Asik. Rebounds at a very high rate, was 2nd in rebounds per minute in Euroleague before Galatasaray got knocked out of Top 16. He has the potential to be much better than Asik on the offensive end as he already has a go-to jump hook in the post. Obviously not an impact player like Asik on defense partly because he's shorter and partly because he lacks the defensive fundamentals. He will be available around 40-45 range and I see him being a very good rebounder off the bench who will get you a few buckets just by hustling for offensive boards.

The other Turkish prospect is 21 year old Dusan Cantekin (he's actually Serbian but defected for Turkish National Team). Dusan is a much more intriguing prospect as he's 7'4. Weird thing about him is that he's absolutely terrible on defense right now, despite his size. That can probably be fixed with good coaching but there's a possibility that he's going to be the next Shawn Bradley if he gets drafted. On offense he fares much better, as he has shown the ability to hit a 15 footer. For his size he's actually a decent shooter, hitting close to a 70% clip on his free throws. He can finish with either hand and has shown that he can hit a baby hook with either hand. Obviously he's a very raw player but he can be a very interesting stash prospect.

Another very intriguing player is Sevilla's Tomas Satoransky. He's a 20 year old combo guard who plays a very limited role for his club. The intriguing thing about him is that he's 6'7 and he has the ability to play above the rim. While not being a pure point, he has the ability to create for others. His jumper however, is a whole other story. He has a weird looking jumper for a guard and that shows in his shoothing percentages (30% from 3). It is very likely that he will be available our later 2nd round pick. He expressed his desire to play in the NBA more than once, so he can also fill the need for backup PG for Kyrie for cheap.

Another prospect I'm gonna cover is Leon Radosevic of Milano. He's a 20 year old PF who measures around 6'10, 240. While he's definitely not very athletic, he's very smart in terms of reading the game and he has a pure mid range jumper. Think of a Jamison who actually finishes most of the pick and pop opportunities he's given. While being a very good mid range shooter, he doesn't take 3's at all but it is safe to assume that he has the range. On the defensive end, he's not strong enough to keep up with the centers but works hard to deny the ball and hold his ground. I don't see him in the NBA in near future but he might take the Splitter route too.

Another guy who will probably declare next year instead of this one is Augusto Cesar Lima, a 20 year old Brazilian currently playing for Malaga of Spain. He's 6'10 with a 7'1 wingspan. Very athletic player who finishes pick and rolls at a high rate. Excellent hands. He hasn't played a lot this year and his numbers are on the decline, however he has all the tools to be effective in NBA.

Last prospect I'm going to cover is Tornike Shengelia, a 20 year old Georgian, who plays for Charleroi of Belgium. He's having a very productive season, averaging around 20 minutes while scoring 8.3 points and grabbing 4.3 rebounds. He's a 6'9, 220 SF-PF with an incredible motor. Very aggressive player, hustling in every opportunity. He's like Andy if Andy were a SF. Not very skilled offensively in terms of shooting but he's surprisingly a very good ball handler for his size. He scores most of his buckets on fast breaks and by getting to the line. He will be available in mid 2nd round and he is likely to declare to cash in the productive season he's been having.

That is pretty much all that I have in store. Of course, there may be other international players who will get drafted in the 2nd round, but I felt like these players I covered have the greatest potential to be draft and stash players. I hope you guys enjoy the read.

This was a good read. Appreciate the write-up, Jezzar.

Well, there is one kid...oops too late.

Get used to it now, because I see no way Grant adds 4 rookies to the team. At least one of those picks is going to be a player to stash overseas.

I'd like to see some combination of picks able to be packaged together for a move up. Sacrificing quantity for quality would go a long way for this team. So, maybe in that instance, we can avoid both having to add 4 rooks and stashing the next Sasha Khan.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."