• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Draft and Stash Prospects

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'd like to see some combination of picks able to be packaged together for a move up. Sacrificing quantity for quality would go a long way for this team. So, maybe in that instance, we can avoid both having to add 4 rooks and stashing the next Sasha Khan.

Thats what im hoping for. Would love to move up for Terrance Ross if possible.

I'd rather package picks together and move up to go the quality-over-quantity route than pull a draft'n'stash if Grant thinks that we would be adding too many rookies any given year.

Our lowest pick is #38. That's very high for a draft and stash plan. If the Cavs wanted to draft and stash, they could buy a pick in the 50's.

Get used to it now, because I see no way Grant adds 4 rookies to the team. At least one of those picks is going to be a player to stash overseas.

Why not? Throw them on the bench, christus.

Sign me up for Cantekin. 7'4 is TOO tall to be awful at defense permanently. If he truly CAN shoot, that's a huge bonus because noone could block him.

5-8 Beal
22-28 Ross/Ezeli/Wroten
32 Melo/Jenkins
35-38 Jae Crowder/Orlando Johnson/CANTEKIN

We should always take the BPA. If there are equals then you get to choose by need, but otherwise it is BPA

We should always take the BPA. If there are equals then you get to choose by need, but otherwise it is BPA

That's a very good motto for the draft and one everyone should remember. The problem is that it falls a bit short sometimes, especially in the second round when the differences between the players get smaller.

Suppose you got 4 players, A, B, C, D.

Player A plays well today but is a head case.
Player B plays as well as player A but has had some serious injuries
Player C has a possibility to be the best player in three years if he can ever learn fundamentals
Player D is clearly the best player available today but he's under contract in Europe for the next three years and may not ever come to the US.

Option D shows up a lot in the second round when the players are not locked into rookie scale contracts. That's what this thread is about.

I personally like the pick last year (Micvan) but the issue is his contract with the Euro team and the $ to buy him out. He can play but I don't think we get him soon enough to gel with who we have now. He is tough and a very smart player. BTW, shout out to Jezzar for starting a very good post and one I think is clearly needed considering our past drafts.

Our lowest pick is #38. That's very high for a draft and stash plan. If the Cavs wanted to draft and stash, they could buy a pick in the 50's.

I take it you mean given the euro-talent pool for this year? Certainly there are players who deserved to be and were taken much earlier, even though they couldn't/wouldn't come over right away.

The draft and stash is a good plan if all the players your scouts liked have already been drafted. This team is being assembled to have a young core that will grow with Irving. If the Cavs see a second round talent who fits that plan, they will draft him. Obviously in the last draft, Grant's crew didn't see Chandler Parsons and Jon Lauer as good fits for that young core. I still appreciate Jezzar's post, since the franchise has a strong history for taking a chance on foreign prospects.

I like Tomas Satoransky. As a 6'7 backup point guard he is worth a look. That, and he knows how to get the bitches on their knees. :chuckles:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H5YHG7vp1L0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."