• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Buying low on "supposed" knuckleheads

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MirORich

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Watching the Twolves game tonight got me thinking of the following three players.

Micheal Beasley
Anthony Randolph
Javale McGee

All three will be available in the offseason. Beasley and Randolph have above average offensive games. McGee has above average defensive and shot blocking game.

The Wizards and Kings are two examples of how it doesn't work to have too many young guns without clear roles and winning attitudes. But with a strong organization, couch, and play the right way PG could one of those guys come in here, get their sh*t together and be a part of the core going forward.

If you had to pick one of those three, who would you take the chance on?

Bonus question, if Sacramento continue to play well without Tyreke Evans, how many people would be interested in making a play for him via trade at the draft? He'd be a huge SG who has decent PG skills for when we want to play Kyrie of the ball. We'd be super athletic with him at the 2 and Gee at the 3. But he too, has sort of gotten that knucklehead tag.

F*ck no. Wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole.

If I have to. I admittedly don't know too much about him, but he seems to be the only one in the group who just can't put the talent together (Whereas Beasley's a headcase & McGee is just boneheaded)

Hell no. Way too many boneheaded plays for my liking.

Are you referring to Randolph or Tyreke Evans?

If I have to. I admittedly don't know too much about him, but he seems to be the only one in the group who just can't put the talent together (Whereas Beasley's a headcase & McGee is just boneheaded)

Once we have a fully established core, leader,have made the playoffs, made a decent run, and superstar to be the voice of the team. Then we add said "knucklhead". Too much risk right now. Not saying these guys wouldn't help, but that type of player can be poison to a team this young. A team should add that type of player to add a toughness and push you over the edge for a championship.

We can get rid of the "supposed" from this title. There are knuckleheads with a history of trying while on the court, and there are knuckleheads who are known for not taking the game seriously.

I'd like to see one of those guys play at least a supporting role on a team that isn't at the bottom of the standings before targeting them. If you were a Cavs fan in the late 90s and pre-LeBron era, you know that bad attitudes in a cold, smaller city like Cleveland are a bad match unless there is a strong core that can win already.

I thought that coming out of college, Beasley would be Carmello v 2.0. Hasn't turned out that way at all.

Randolph is too skinny and hasn't impressed me at all.

I think I would take a flier on McGee out of all of them. He's a legit 7 footer that plays D and I think he could be turned around. He's definitely not as big of a nucklehead as Beasley or some other Wiztard players so it might just be a product of the environment he's been in with the Wizards. Maybe Scott could turn that around.

As far as Tyreke, that might be interesting. I've been watching Irving a lot and he amazes me at how good he is at playing without the ball. I don't think it would be a problem with Irving as I see him bring up the ball a lot and just pass it off, but would Tyreke be able to play with him and not just try to dominate the ball all the time? That would be the big question as I don't want to watch Lebroffense anymore where one guy pounds the ball for a while, I want to see the Princeton here in a couple years once we get enough players in and I want a system to be run. That system usually calls for two ball handling guards, but is Tyreke the right guy.

- beasley is a massively overrated inefficient chucker without a position
- randolph....not so much a knucklehead as one of the most disappointing players in the league
- mcgee.....no. dumbest player in the league in a contract year and happens to play center (read: will get overpaid).
- evans is a horrible fit with kyrie, doesn't give consistent effort, and has injury issues.

I like giving guys second (3rd) chances with a change of scenery. An accepting fan base and an alpha coach. I'd be cool getting any of these guys except Evans.... If the price is right. Kyrie is our ball handler. Sorry Tyreke.

Pretty crazy to think we once had Miles, Davis, Wagner and each of their 10 deep crews on the team.

No one want a repeat of that, mainly because its not a winning formula.

I'm just wondering if any of those four(mainly Evans) is not a total lost cause as far as attitude and ability to buy into a team concept. I think part of Tyreke's problem on the court in Sacto is they've never fully defined if he's the PG or SG. That wouldn't be an issue here as we have Irving. With a strong coach like Byron who played Evans position, I guess I'm just tempted. Of course of the 4, he'd be the hardest to get and actually require giving up assets as we'd have to acquire him via trade.

Pretty crazy to think we once had Miles, Davis, Wagner and each of their 10 deep crews on the team.

No one want a repeat of that, mainly because its not a winning formula.

I'm just wondering if any of those four(mainly Evans) is not a total lost cause as far as attitude and ability to buy into a team concept. I think part of Tyreke's problem on the court in Sacto is they've never fully defined if he's the PG or SG. That wouldn't be an issue here as we have Irving. With a strong coach like Byron who played Evans position, I guess I'm just tempted. Of course of the 4, he'd be the hardest to get and actually require giving up assets as we'd have to acquire him via trade.
evans' issues aren't just attitude and willingness to buy into a team concept.

it's that he's a combo guard who needs the ball and basically just barrels to the rim time and time again because he can't shoot from anywhere. that would be a big issue here.

Speaking of knuckle heads, let's pick up T-Will, he's free now.

Just say no...

The last knucklehead we added fucked the superstars mom.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."