• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Why The Browns Should Trade For Tim Tebow

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I'd rather kill myself than having to EVER watch Tim Tebow take a snap for the Browns. Dead serious.

The Browns better not be linked to acquiring Tebow or the fan base will sink faster than the Titanic. I really believe tons of fans would turn their backs on H&H, and that's why it will never happen, I hope.

Tebow would be bad Weeden would be worse.

I honestly would be fine with trading a late round pick for him, if for no other reason than he would create some buzz around Cleveland. Yeah all of us that are hardcore sports fans realize that he sucks, but the general public? Different story. Tebow in Cleveland even as a backup creates an instant boom in Cleveland Browns jersey sales, increases Cleveland Browns media coverage, and gives a boost to local businesses.

He would step right into the same role he played last year: major fan favorite at the biggest of fan favorite positions (backup QB). If Colt goes out and starts 0-4, at least we get the novelty of Tebowmania. Not saying we'd end up going apeshit and making the playoffs like Denver did, but fuck, it would still be interesting to watch.

Why do people think these gimicky things will help season tickets and jersey sales, etc. You know what the best thing to do in order to sell more jerseys and tickets? Win more football games. It's as easy as that. It's NOT bringing the Tebow circus to town or anything remotely close to it. You might need these gimicky guys in places like Jacksonville where the fan base blows, but Cleveland fans have stuck with this garbage team for well over a decade. When we start winning games there will be a waiting list for season tickets.

*Waits for huber14 to come make his case*

You're just mad because you can't post gifs that people can see....Did you even read why I said we should? So we could lose every game instead of winning 5-6 games like we will and miss Barkley or any other good QB in the 2013 draft. It happens every damn year. We are garbage the whole year but sneak out just enough wins to screw ourselves in the draft. It was a joke but the best thing that could happen to the Browns next year would be to lose every game or it's the same shit different decade for us my friends.

I'd love him as our running back.

It's probably the only thing that would make me stop being a fan. And I don't even hate Tebow like 99% of you do.

Why do people think these gimicky things will help season tickets and jersey sales, etc. You know what the best thing to do in order to sell more jerseys and tickets? Win more football games. It's as easy as that. It's NOT bringing the Tebow circus to town or anything remotely close to it. You might need these gimicky guys in places like Jacksonville where the fan base blows, but Cleveland fans have stuck with this garbage team for well over a decade. When we start winning games there will be a waiting list for season tickets.

Yeah you're right, it is as easy as that. Problem is, that isn't very easy. Bringing in Tebow as a backup will not hurt us in any way. Colt will still be the starter (or Tannehill... please God no), and Tebow would create some buzz around the city regardless of his role. Call it gimicky or a circus or whatever else you'd like, but bringing Tebow will increase Browns jersey sales and general interest in the team. Guaranteed.

we should bring in Tebow, hire Paul Johnson to be our Head Coach, draft Trent Richardson and Lamar Miller, and just run the triple option all game :cool:

We would need a miracle for this team to make the playoffs. And Tebow would be the one who could create such a miracle:angel:

You're just mad because you can't post gifs that people can see....Did you even read why I said we should? So we could lose every game instead of winning 5-6 games like we will and miss Barkley or any other good QB in the 2013 draft. It happens every damn year. We are garbage the whole year but sneak out just enough wins to screw ourselves in the draft. It was a joke but the best thing that could happen to the Browns next year would be to lose every game or it's the same shit different decade for us my friends.

I'm just busting your balls man. Chill out. I wasn't mad in that thread. It's really not that serious.

But thanks for letting me know you can't post gifs from photobucket(I really had no idea), albeit in a condescending way.

I would take Tebow 9 time out of 10 over McCoy.

I'll take him 1 time out of 10, after I see he actually is 1-10 with 6 yards.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."