• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RonG

All for one
Reaction score
How are we not talking about this? As a parent I am so upset for this family. Fuck Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin was killed in Sanford, Florida by George Zimmerman, a self-appointed neighborhood watchman.

On the evening of February 26, 2012, George Zimmerman went out to patrol the gated neighborhood in his vehicle as he did every night because of several break-ins had been reported in recent weeks. While out patrolling his neighborhood, Zimmerman saw a young black teenager with a hood over his head so he started to follow him. Zimmerman called the police emergency dispatcher to report a suspicious person.

In the 911 call the dispatcher asks Zimmerman if he is following Trayvon Martin in which he responds, “Yep.” The dispatcher tells Zimmerman, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that.”

The dispatcher and Zimmerman made plans to have police meet with him by the mailboxes, but Zimmerman changes his mind and tells the dispatcher to have an officer call him when they arrive and he’ll tell them where he is at.

Zimmerman violated the Neighborhood Watch manual which states, “It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers. And they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles.”

Trayvon Martin, 17-year old was unarmed and walking home after buying candy and iced tea from a convenience store. A female friend of Trayvon Martin told ABC News, “Trayvon said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man. I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run.”

A sequence of 911 calls come from neighbors in the area reporting of screaming and hearing gun shots. In the first 911 call you can hear Trayvon Martin screaming in the background. The dispatcher asked the woman on the phone if he looks hurt to her. The woman tells the dispatcher that she can’t see him and she doesn’t want to outside because she doesn’t know what’s going on.

In another 911 call from a neighbor, he tells the dispatcher that he heard screaming and a gun shot. He said they’re wrestling right in the back of his porch and added, there’s a black guy down and he thinks the person is dead outside his home. She tells him that they have several police officers headed in that direction.

In one of the 911 calls, screaming can be heard in the background as a woman tries to get help, you can then hear in the call two loud bangs of gun shots.

Sanford police said Zimmerman called 911 46 times since 2001, reporting disturbances, break-ins and other incidents. On nine different occasions, George Zimmerman reported a suspicious person.

George Zimmerman, 28-year-old has not been arrested and is not charged with a crime. He claims shooting Trayvon Martin was in self defense.

The case of Trayvon Martin’s death has been turned over to the State Attorney’s Office, which can decide whether to file charges or present evidence to a grand jury.

On Friday, Trayvon Martin’s parents called on the FBI to take over the investigation, because they say the can longer trust the Sanford police department. Sanford police Sgt. David Morgenstern said the department stands by its investigation but welcomes help from any outside agency. FBI agent David Couvertier said the agency has been in contact with Sanford police and is monitoring the case.

The Justice Department released a statement saying, “The department will conduct a thorough and independent review of all of the evidence and take appropriate action and the conclusion of the investigation. The government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a person acted intentionally and with the specific intent to do something which the law forbids. Negligence, recklessness, mistakes and accidents are not prosecutable under the federal criminal civil rights laws.”

Nearly half a million people have signed an Trayvon Martin petition on change.org wanting law enforcement officials to arrest Zimmerman.

http://z6mag.com/featured/trayvon-martin-911-call-from-neighbors-and-zimmerman-audio-166633.html

<object width='628' height='515' id='kickWidget_176704_509145' name='kickWidget_176704_509145' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction'> <param name='movie' value='http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction'></param> <param name='FlashVars' value='preselectedPlaylistItem=guid_31d2673f-b90b-4be2-8f0f-7dbf49b9bed9&amp;affiliateSiteId=176704&amp;widgetId=509145&amp;width=628&amp;height=515&amp;noScale=1&amp;playOnLoad=0&amp;mediaURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bet.com%2Fcontent%2Fbetcom%2Fvideo%2Fnewsbriefs%2Fbrief%2Fnews-trayvon-martin-911-call%2F_jcr_content%2Fleftcol%2Fvideoplayer.videoplaylistmrss.mrss%3Fpt%3DEmbedFullPage%26type%3Dembedfullpage%26ordts%3Dy%3Ftype%3Dembedplaylist%26pt%3Dembedplaylist%26%3Ftype%3Dembedplaylist%26pt%3Dembedplaylist%26&amp;revision=178&amp;autoPlay=0' ></param> <param name='wmode' value='transparent' ></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' ></param> <param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' ></param></object>

Right down the street from me, 1 minute from where I play ball. Fairly certain I've seen Trayvon there. Some of the t
Younger kids knew him. Will make a longer post when done traveling, but the negligence here by the city is fucking astounding. Zimmerman and local officials need to burn.

More later.

I first heard about this yesturday. It is so disgusting. Zimmerman claims its self defense? If you follow me home, I dont know you, I try and get away but you are still following me, and you are not a police officer....I would ambush you and defend myself too. The one defending himself was the kid, not this fucking asshat of a human being Zimmerman. I hope Zimmerman gets the max for manslaughter. This was 100% avoidable. Not every black teenager is a criminal, not even the majority of them.

Just stomach turning.

Last edited:
Guy is an idiot. There was also a controversial shooting in Portland about a guy going outside with a gun because he thought burglars were in his backyard. They ended up being cops (in camo and swat gear) and shot him.

The boy was unarmed, weighed 100 pounds less than Zimmerman and he is claiming self defense? If so, what a pussy.

But seriously, this is so insulting to the family that he has not been arrested yet.

A question, if Trayvon didn't touch or try to attack Zimmerman which it seems like what happened, shouldn't he be charged for murder and not manslaughter?

The boy was unarmed, weighed 100 pounds less than Zimmerman and he is claiming self defense? If so, what a pussy.

But seriously, this is so insulting to the family that he has not been arrested yet.

A question, if Trayvon didn't touch or try to attack Zimmerman which it seems like what happened, shouldn't he be charged for murder and not manslaughter?

No, murder is a different intent. At the end of the day what Zimmerman did was manslaughter. He didnt set out that day to kill the kid. Its one of the most misused legal terms. The only way it would be murder if the defense could prove his intent was to shoot him in cold blood or Zimmerman was in the act of committing a felony (beyond the killing, ie robbing a liquor store, this is known as felony murder). I doubt there is even a murder charge. The 911 tape proves his intent, the fact he was on watch proves his intent, the fact he followed to see what he was up to proves his intent.

Think of it this way. If you kill a guy drinking and driving, you are charged with a form of manslaughter. Your stupid act of getting behind the wheel might have been premeditated, (ie having a gun when you are a voluntary neighborhood watch) , but your intent wasnt to kill someone.

I wish the asshat could be charged with murder, but it would be overcharging him and if the manslaughter charge isnt on the table, the jury would be forced to acquit. (although the judge would most likely throw out the murder charge before the trial even began)

Last edited:
The problem is that they didn't test the guy for alcohol and the law doesn't allow prosecution for accidents etc. Only way they can get the fuck is to prove it was prejudice. Evidence is also all circumstantial right now. I hope the fucker goes away for a long time.

I know I read they have discovered on the tape where he reffers to Trayvon as a "fucking coon" under his breath and they are exploring this as a hate crime now.

Disregarded 911 dispatcher not to follow. Said he was walking funny like he was on drugs. Said he was reaching in his waistband(setup)

Followed the kid even after he fled. Lied to police about the whole damn thing pretty much. Had the fucking nerve to lie and say that it was himself yelling for help, when 911 tapes clearly show trayvon was screaming for his life.

The intent is there...murder

Been following this case for a week and a half. That police department needs to be gutted.

As much as what Zimmerman did is totally appalling, the lack of any accountability from the local police is even more fucked up.

No, murder is a different intent. At the end of the day what Zimmerman did was manslaughter. He didnt set out that day to kill the kid.

I'm not sure this is right. Charging someone with homicide (or murder) can also be about the knowledge that one's actions could result in death. Did Zimmerman understand that following someone with a gun could result in that person dying? I'd say the answer to that question is clearly yes -- otherwise Zimmerman wouldn't be trying to argue he feared for his own safety.

Last edited:
As much as what Zimmerman did is totally appalling, the lack of any accountability from the local police is even more fucked up.

I'm not sure this is right. Charging someone with homicide (or murder) can also be about the knowledge that one's actions could result in death. Did Zimmerman understand that following someone with a gun could result in that person dying? I'd say the answer to that question is clearly yes -- otherwise Zimmerman wouldn't be trying to argue he feared for his own safety.

Chasing someone with a gun if murder would be felony murder, Homicide has two parts, murder and manslaughter. So ofcourse this is a homicide. Its just if we can consider this felony murder, ie ignoring the police and having the gun is a felony. Chances are though its a registered weapon, so its not a felony.

I hope you are right though. I hope there is some hot shot prosecutor, or they jury just ignores the facts and stretches the law. This whole thing is so beyond to me. I live pretty close to a gas station here in Scottsdale. I see kids, black, white, hispanic, walking all the time from the gas station. They even walk *gasp* through my neighborhood. Never once did i think it was appropriate to follow a kid much less with a gun. I hope the guy fries. I hope he gets anal raped in prison to an inch of his life. I hope the whole police department gets fired.

This whole case is just absurd.

Read about this weeks ago. Seriously fucked up. Fuck people.

The police didn't drug/alcohol test this guy?

They sent a narcotics detective to a homicide?

They wanted no specific details from witnesses?

The witness had to call the police over and over to give them vital information?

Didn't release 911 tapes until the entire country put pressure on them?

Should this be in the WTF thread? I just can't understand how they fucked nearly everything in this case. Then they throw out that statute as if that can explain the many blunders.

Don't take any chances... Fire every damn person in that department and start new.

I just don't understand how the "Stand Your Ground" law is being brought up as a defense for Zimmerman. Zimmerman was followed and confronted a kid walking home from buying some freaking skittles and iced tea. Trayvon was the one being confronted, not Zimmerman. "Stand Your Ground" has been getting abused and has zero relevance to this case. Arrest Zimmerman and let him rot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."