• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Saints = boned

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hmm... Redksins to be investigated next? Possible trade void? RG3 Safari!?

I would hope so. Though, I'd be surprised if they'd void the trade. Just take away their next available 2nd. :chuckles:

Chances Drew Brees wants out of NO and the Browns sign him. :chuckles:

Did the NFL approve the Was/STL trade?

Chances Drew Brees wants out of NO and the Browns sign him. :chuckles:

[video=youtube;2V3CfD8TPac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac[/video]

Roger Goodell stands by Saints’ suspensions: “We were lied to”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT

Getty Images
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is confident that his unprecedented punishments in the Saints’ bounty scandal, including an indefinite suspension of former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and a yearlong suspension of head coach Sean Payton, were warranted given the facts of the case.

“I don’t think you can be too hard on people that put at risk our players’ health and safety,” Goodell said on NFL Network. “That is a critical issue for us going forward and has been in our past.”

Goodell said there’s no doubt in his mind that the Saints lied to the league office when the bounty investigation began.

“Clearly, we were lied to,” Goodell said. “We investigated this back in 2010, we were told it was not happening, it continued for another two years until we got credible evidence late in the 2011 season and we were able to identify significant information that verified from multiple sources that this was going on for a three-year period.”

Goodell said he’s disappointed in players who took part in the bounty program and will continue to consider player discipline.

“We have a serious violation of an existing rule that threatens the health and welfare of our players,” Goodell said. “In addition, this went on for three years and it was investigated, we were misled, and there were denials throughout that period. Meanwhile, there continued to be risk to our players and to the integrity of our game. So it calls for a very significant and clear message.”

It’s a message that Williams and Payton heard loud and clear today.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...stands-by-saints-suspensions-we-were-lied-to/

If Payton gets fired, bring his hass in here. I don't care if he has to sit out his 1st season as Browns head coach.

If Payton gets fired, bring his hass in here. I don't care if he has to sit out his 1st season as Browns head coach.

If Payton gets fired he isn't come here. He will get to hand pick his job.

Fuck it, give him the same contract as the Walrus.

Ah, but you see, that would mean Holmgren would have to admit he made a mistake in hiring Pat "The Robot" Shurmur.

Ah, but you see, that would mean Holmgren would have to admit he made a mistake in hiring Pat "The Robot" Shurmur.

It means nothing of the sort. It means that he didn't realize one of the best coaches in football would be available.

39192390.jpg

Finally, something to distract the Saints from the fact that they lost to Alex Smith in the playoffs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."