• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trayvon Martin 911 Call From Neighbors and Zimmerman (Audio)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Even the author of "Stand Your Ground" says he should be arrested...

Author of "stand your ground" law: George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for killing Trayvon Martin

By Julia Dahl Topics Daily Blotter .

(CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla. - The authors of Florida's controversial "stand your ground" self-defense law say George Zimmerman should probably be arrested for shooting Trayvon Martin, reports the Miami Herald.

"He has no protection under my law," former Sen. Durell Peaden told the newspaper.

Florida's law, called "stand your ground" by supporters and "shoot first" by critics, was passed in 2005 and permits residents to use deadly force if they "reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

Traditionally, self-defense laws did not typically extend beyond a person's home, but the Florida law, and at least 20 more passed across the country since them, allows a resident to "meet force with force" almost anywhere, including the street or a bar.

Zimmerman, 28, reportedly admitted to police that he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on the evening of February 26. He was released without being charged after claiming he killed the boy in self-defense. But 911 recordings released over the weekend suggest that Zimmerman, who has a concealed weapons permit and volunteered in an apparently informal neighborhood watch program, pursued Martin, despite being told police were on their way.

It is the fact that Zimmerman ignored the 911 operator's advice not to follow Martin that former Sen. Peaden says disqualifies him from claiming self-defense under the law.

"The guy lost his defense right then," Peaden told the Miami Herald. "When he said 'I'm following him,' he lost his defense."

Rep. Dennis Baxley, Peaden's co-sponsor in the Florida House, agrees with his former colleague, telling the newspaper that the law does not license neighborhood watch or others who feel "like they have the authority to pursue and confront people. That is aggravating an incident right there."

Both co-sponsors told the newspaper, however, that they did not think the law needed to be re-examined.

"If you want to pass something, pass something that limits their ability to pursue and confront people," Baxley said. "It's about crime watch," he said. "What are the limitations of crime watch? Are you allowed to jump out and follow people and confront them? What do you think is going to happen? That's where it starts."

But during the town hall meeting in Sanford, Florida Rep. Geraldine Thompson promised the law's repeal would be a top priority for the state legislature's black caucus.

"If vigilante justice becomes the norm, will visitors feel comfortable coming to our state?," she asked.

I just don't understand how the "Stand Your Ground" law is being brought up as a defense for Zimmerman. Zimmerman was followed and confronted a kid walking home from buying some freaking skittles and iced tea. Trayvon was the one being confronted, not Zimmerman. "Stand Your Ground" has been getting abused and has zero relevance to this case. Arrest Zimmerman and let him rot.

Exactly. If the kid did hit first, big if, its because the kid felt threatened. He was standing his ground by attacking a guy following him home for no apparent reason. If zimmerman showed Trayvon a badge or was in his police uniform that is different...oh wait, Zimmerman isnt a cop, just some power hungry fucktard that took a kids life for no reason.

I just don't understand how the "Stand Your Ground" law is being brought up as a defense for Zimmerman. Zimmerman was followed and confronted a kid walking home from buying some freaking skittles and iced tea. Trayvon was the one being confronted, not Zimmerman. "Stand Your Ground" has been getting abused and has zero relevance to this case. Arrest Zimmerman and let him rot.

Exactly just read an article from the Author of the Stand Your Ground Law. He said that after he ignored the police's warning not to follow and said I'm following that he gave up his defense. Which is true, he provoked a situation that clearly could of been avoided. I also believe that you get the right jury and testimony from his girlfriend who was one the phone with him at the time this guy does time.

Really depends what they try and charge him with because without an eyewitness the evidence is still circumstantial.

god what a piece of shit. Why exactly are the police doing everything they can to get him off/sweep this under the rug?

Exactly just read an article from the Author of the Stand Your Ground Law. He said that after he ignored the police's warning not to follow and said I'm following that he gave up his defense. Which is true, he provoked a situation that clearly could of been avoided. I also believe that you get the right jury and testimony from his girlfriend who was one the phone with him at the time this guy does time.

Really depends what they try and charge him with because without an eyewitness the evidence is still circumstantial.

For sure the g/f can testify. She is a witness. The defense can cross her.

Even though its circumstantial, I still think the case is pretty easy for manslaughter. His actions created the confrontation. He ignored the police. He had every opportunity to avoid the situation. It might not be murder, but it fits the manslaughter statute imo.

I've never actually seen/followed a high profile case.. is it more like judge judy where common sense rules and they see a huge fat dude killing an innocent boy or is it more like oj simpson where theres an iota of a chance that it wasnt him and they get off on technicalities? nevermind, oj simpson was real life. im going to bed now. wake me up when judge judy takes over

I've never actually seen/followed a high profile case.. is it more like judge judy where common sense rules and they see a huge fat dude killing an innocent boy or is it more like oj simpson where theres an iota of a chance that it wasnt him and they get off on technicalities? nevermind, oj simpson was real life. im going to bed now. wake me up when judge judy takes over

The whole point of the defense is loophole in a law or create doubt. Getting the g/f cross examined they will try and rattle her and flip her story. It'll be interesting if/when this goes to court.

For sure the g/f can testify. She is a witness. The defense can cross her.

Even though its circumstantial, I still think the case is pretty easy for manslaughter. His actions created the confrontation. He ignored the police. He had every opportunity to avoid the situation. It might not be murder, but it fits the manslaughter statute imo.

Still would worry be having no eyewitnesses though

The architects of the law zimmerman will try to fall under have already said he forfeited that right when he followed Martin against the 911 operators request(as has been referenced by posters above me). While that may not even make it into the courtroom, it will still weigh heavily over this case that the law makers don't support the guy trying to use it.

Being that I've calmed down now, it looks like manslaughter is the way to go. Prooving Zimmerman said "coon" is impossible so there goes the hate crime.

The architects of the law zimmerman will try to fall under have already said he forfeited that right when he followed Martin against the 911 operators request(as has been referenced by posters above me). While that may not even make it into the courtroom, it will still weigh heavily over this case that the law makers don't support the guy trying to use it.

Being that I've calmed down now, it looks like manslaughter is the way to go. Prooving Zimmerman said "coon" is impossible so there goes the hate crime.

Um, I've heard the audio on soundcloud. It's pretty obvious what he says. The word starts with a K sound, ends with an N sound. There's literally 2 words. Coon or Cone. That's about all he could've said.

If you want it. Here you go.
http://soundcloud.com/tim-68/joe-madison-broadcasts-excerpt

Jury can be left to decide what he said there. It's the 911 call. It's all evidence.

Piece of shit definitely said 'fucking coons'.

Yup, he was just a racist fucking asshole being a wannabe vigilante. I wouldn't be shocked if you found in his personal records that he was rejected for a police/highway patrol/something uniform job. It's just too fucking obvious given his attitude on that call and the eventual outcome.

He said earlier that, "These assholes always get away."

Later he says, "fucking coons" under his breath. He was pursuing with the intent of confrontation while armed. I hope he gets charged with murder and I think he will after the grand juries/Feds investigation. He lied to police. The voice analysis will be done by top notch experts and they will be able to determine who's voice was screaming for help.

Well the "fucking" part is very clear. Coon can be disputed as it was muffled a bit. Im leaning towards his saying coon but for anyone to say they clearly heard "coon" well your hearing is better than mine.

What are the chances he's driving through cones anyway? It wasn't a driving test. Fucker said coons, and I hope he gets life in prison so he can get raped everyday. Maybe Im taking it too far a little, but I just hope he gets what should be coming to him.

If you take someones life, then your life should be taken.

My uncle got brutally shot multiple times at a child's park over a basketball game by 3 different guys, since they couldn't tell 'what bullet killed him' the 3 got different sentences. The highest one was like 23 years. Nobody was convicted of murder. Just manslaughter, escape of country, use of deadly weapon, blah, blah, blah. Now to live with this is fucked up.

The system is fucked up and I wouldn't be surprised if this dude actually walked.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."