• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2011 NBA Redraft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I hear ya. But I just see Kanter as someone that will be a great rebounder and solid scorer but never a great defender. I don't like his lack of athleticism. He has played better as of recently though. Im biased towards defensive anchors though. Both still have a long way to go, but im rolling with Biyombo.
hes a fucking bull though, and his drtg is not much worse than biyombos (105 kanter, 104 biyombo). one doesnt have to have 2 - 3 bpg to be a good defender, andy never has (1.2 is his highest) and yet hes considered our best defender. i just like kanter because he can make his free throws at a decent clip for a big man, hit the midrange, he has a soft touch around the basket, and his rebounding rates are outstanding.

Talking about Biyombo's "stats" says to me that you don't understand the kind of impact he has on the game on the defensive end.

Problem is, as your minutes go up your efficiency declines, and right now Kanter is at 14MPG while Biyombo 19.5MPG that's 5.5 minutes difference and since they both play very few minutes at this point this is very significant.

Talking about Biyombo's "stats" says to me that you don't understand the kind of impact he has on the game on the defensive end.
yeah because the charlotte bobcats, a terrible terrible defensive team, are such a better defensive team because of biyombo.

kanter allows his opponents to score .85 points per possession. biyombo? .89 points per possession.

il cede defense to biyombo, but offense is clearly on kanters side, and its a big difference.

Isn't Thorpe the guy that picked Tristan to win ROY? If I am right, he has had an almost weird obsession with him from the beginning.

Biyombo has the potential to be a great defensive player, but right now he's not. He's pretty much just a shot blocker at this point.

Defensively, the Bobcats are 3 points better/100 possessions with Biyombo off the court.

Come on: would anyone draft Lenard above Biyambo if the draft was redone? The article says not only would Biyambo finish behind Kanter, he'd be drafted at 7!

Still can't believe Jan Vesely went as early as he did. Nor do I know how Kawhi Leonard slipped the way he did.

I understand that but it makes me realize that foreigner prospects still rarely pan out no matter how good they look overseas.

hes a fucking bull though, and his drtg is not much worse than biyombos (105 kanter, 104 biyombo).

You can't compare DRTG from team to team, it is only useful within the team from what I understand. I haven't watched either player very much this year so can't contribute to the conversation, but just wanted to point that out.

Edit: Enes Kanter is about middle of the pack on the Jazz DRTG. He doesn't appear to be a defensive liability, so that is good. However, Bismack has the best DRTG on the Bobcats. Believe it or not, he is also not the worst ORTG with an 89. There are 5 players with less than or equal to his 89. Bobcats are a bad team. I prefer Enes' per 36 stats and he does have more ideal size, but jury is still out as neither player has played that much just yet.

Last edited:
I understand that but it makes me realize that foreigner prospects still rarely pan out no matter how good they look overseas.

But see, that's what I'm saying. They play completely different styles of basketball. You can't just lump them together as "foreign prospects" and act like they project the same.

But see, that's what I'm saying. They play completely different styles of basketball. You can't just lump them together as "foreign prospects" and act like they project the same.

I don't think it's the style of play or the talent level that's in question here. Out of 100s of Euros that's been drafted maybe only 20 ever worked out. I think this has a lot to do with cultural difference, communication problem, adapting to here, and yeah also the style of the play in the NBA. Now I'd take a chance on a really good prospect with a late 1st rounder, but #4 pick I'd rather have someone like TT any day, kind of player that you can find in every draft and has a very high chance of panning out because there's been many others like him that did, he's a lot safer pick, without giving up too much, if any, potential award.

I don't think it's the style of play or the talent level that's in question here. Out of 100s of Euros that's been drafted maybe only 20 ever worked out. I think this has a lot to do with cultural difference, communication problem, adapting to here, and yeah also the style of the play in the NBA. Now I'd take a chance on a really good prospect with a late 1st rounder, but #4 pick I'd rather have someone like TT any day, kind of player that you can find in every draft and has a very high chance of panning out because there's been many others like him that did, he's a lot safer pick, without giving up too much, if any, potential award.

Out of 100 Americans drafted, how many of them work out?

There are just less International players so their failures are magnified.

I'm very pleased with how Tristan is playing and what the future holds for him, but if you offered me Jonas for him right now, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."