• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 45 | Cleveland @ Orlando 7:00 pm EDT Fri Mar 23, 2012

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aussie

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Cleveland (17-27) @ Orlando (30-18)

Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson helped the Orlando Magic regroup from a blowout loss by leading the club to a victory in its last game.

A matchup with the scuffling Cleveland Cavaliers could allow the Magic to start picking up some steam.

Seeking a sixth home win in seven contests, Orlando tries for an eighth consecutive victory over the Cavaliers on Friday night.

The Magic’s third loss in four games came in emphatic fashion Monday, as the club fell 85-59 to a Chicago team playing without Derrick Rose. The Bulls held Orlando (30-18) to its lowest scoring output at home in more than 11 years.

The Magic, though, bounced back Wednesday with a 103-93 win over Phoenix. Anderson had 29 points and went 7 of 12 from 3-point range while Howard dominated inside, scoring 28 points and grabbing 16 rebounds.

“It’s been a long time coming to feel like that in a game where I feel like I’m doing something right for a change,” said Howard, who had scored 18 points in each of the previous three games. “My teammates did a great job of finding me when I was open … (I need to) just keep playing the game like it’s supposed to be played and don’t worry about what happens, just go out there and play hard. That’s what I’m trying to do.”

While the Magic revolve around Howard, they become all the more formidable when Anderson steps up. Orlando is 12-1 when Anderson scores at least 22 points.

“(Wednesday) was a night where we could move the ball and set some screens and really just be more active,” Anderson said. “I think that’s something we need to do more often. We just need to come out and engage, have a ton of energy, and when we do that, a bunch of guys get open shots and scoring was pretty evenly distributed. It was because of our energy.”

The Magic, winners of 10 of their last 12 following a day off, have outscored the Cavaliers (17-27) by an average of 10.4 points during their seven-game run in the series. Howard had 19 points, 16 boards and a season-best eight blocks during a 102-94 win over Cleveland on Feb. 3.

The Cavaliers are hoping to avoid their fifth loss in six games after suffering a 103-102 overtime defeat at Atlanta on Wednesday. Cleveland, which led by 16 early on and six in the extra period, came up short despite outrebounding the Hawks 54-38 and limiting them to 39.8 percent shooting.

Rookie standout Kyrie Irving, who had 29 points, nine rebounds and nine assists but also seven turnovers, missed a potential winning jumper with a second remaining in OT.

“It was a tough loss … Now we have to move on to the next game,” said Irving, who had 18 points but missed 14 of 21 shots versus the Magic last month. “I thought my shot at the end was in, but it’s the law of averages. They are not all going to go in.”

The Cavaliers are allowing 104.6 points per game over their last 12. The Magic have won 12 of 14 on their own court when scoring at least 100.

Cleveland’s Daniel Gibson could miss a second straight contest with a sprained left ankle. He is day-to-day.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2012032319

Sorry for shitty game thread

Tristan/Erden/Samuels guarding Dwight Howard. :dunno:

If Hickson can block Dwight on occassion I see no reason why TT can not do the same. That being said defending the perimeter without double teaming Howard is the key to victory. Dwight is no Chamberlain and can not score a 100 by himself just let him get his and clamp down on the rest of his crew.

From the PD:

BScott very happy with Manny Harris' contributions on Wednesday night. Wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more of Harris.

Daniel Gibson (ankle sprain) took part in shootaround, but we won't know if he's playing until tonight.

would love to see manny/Sloan see major minutes

nothing will infuriate me more than parker playing of his opponet trying to "help" on D and us getting torched on 3s

I am still pissed at weak sauces playing off of Joe Johnson in the last game

From the PD:

BScott very happy with Manny Harris' contributions on Wednesday night. Wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more of Harris.
Manny's 11 points, 6 boards, and 1 assist vs. 1 turnover in just 20 minutes on the road against a playoff team tops anything Parker's done all season.

It was also just his second game of the season. Impressive.

Anything Manny can give at this point is a huge plus since Parker's running on empty. Parker seems to be suffering from the same basketball sickness that Ryan Hollins has. He probably gave it to him.

What also impressed me in that game is when Manny drew contact in the lane and still managed to make the basket for the And1. Very impressive considering the collision nearly snapped his skinny frame in half.

This is gonna be ugly unless Kyrie drops 40

Parker seems to be suffering from the same basketball sickness that Ryan Hollins has. He probably gave it to him.

I don't agree with this. Parker is suffering from old age creeping up on him. That really is what his drop off is all about. He still attempts to execute the right plays. He just isn't physically able to produce at an acceptable level any more. Hollins suffers from a lack of brain activity and motivation. Entirely different issues.

How can Hollins lack brain activity, when he doesnt have a brain to begin with?

How can Hollins lack brain activity, when he doesnt have a brain to begin with?

I am sure there is some sort of goo in there between the ears. It just doesn't function properly. :chuckles:

I've been kind of disgusted that Orlando has really cut down on involving Dwight in pick and rolls offensively. That's what got them to the Finals. Nowadays it seems that they just try to post him up every time, and with the way the game is played today, it's not hard for teams to prevent him from getting the ball, and forcing the Magic to settle for contested threes. I know, they've been a 3 point shooting team, but they never really settled until this year IMO. They're defense, or should I say, Dwight's defense, will keep them in games, but I can't see them as a threat in the playoffs. They're lucky the eastern conference is so bad.

I don't agree with this. Parker is suffering from old age creeping up on him. That really is what his drop off is all about. He still attempts to execute the right plays. He just isn't physically able to produce at an acceptable level any more. Hollins suffers from a lack of brain activity and motivation. Entirely different issues.
Ryan Hollins suffers from cantplaybasketballitis. Good thing they got rid of him before Kyrie caught it too.

Serious question here.

How on earth does Anthony Parker still have a job in the NBA, let alone a starting job?

38.9% FG shooting, 44.0% FT shooting... from a friggin' SG

A friggin'SG

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."