• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

A Closer Look at Anthony ^--^ Davis

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: A Closer Look at Anthony Davis

I just don't believe the hype... Love his shot blocking ability and ability to get out in transition.... But he's either not shown what he's capable of doing, or it's not there yet ?

What team is going to trade away the #1 pick to us though?

Depends what we are giving. Its not likely, i think it would be too much to give, but not impossible. If we land a top 3 pick in the lottery, a trade isnt out of possibillity if Grant is in love with a player.

Personally, I think Grant is in love with MKG not Davis, but I could be wrong.

I would shoot for Thomas Robinson. I think he's just as good as Davis and much more realistic. But do we really have that little faith in Thompson? I would rather have Cody Zeller from Indiana. We definitely need to address the C position. I would like to know if the scouts think he could stack some muscle/weight on that wiry frame.

I'm a Kansas fan, borderline homer, and have been pimping Robinson for months... and not even I would go that far. Davis is far and away better than Robinson, as much as I like him. Davis is just better, and he has more potential.

We could make a trade, we have tons of draft picks now, plus we won the lottery last year with a pick that had less chance than our own this year should.

I don't think any team would trade Anthony Davis for anything any other team would offer, even if that other team has the 2nd overall pick to include in the offer. Due to the nature of the lottery, where even sucking doesn't guarantee the number 1 overall pick, teams are highly resistant to give up that fortuitous asset. When there's a prospect that's so head and shoulders above the rest, as is the case this year, well... forget about it...

BOW TO THE BROW!

Maybe Stern gift-wraps it for us one more time, just so he can be absolutely sure we beat the Heat every year for the next decade

I don't think any team would trade Anthony Davis for anything any other team would offer, even if that other team has the 2nd overall pick to include in the offer. Due to the nature of the lottery, where even sucking doesn't guarantee the number 1 overall pick, teams are highly resistant to give up that fortuitous asset. When there's a prospect that's so head and shoulders above the rest, as is the case this year, well... forget about it...

You could be right, but what if the team winning has an established pf already. Minny for example, has Love. They need a center, but I dont see Davis as a center in the NBA. A trade down could earn them some additional talent and still a good player.

Not saying likely, but still plausible.

BOW TO THE BROW!

Maybe Stern gift-wraps it for us one more time, just so he can be absolutely sure we beat the Heat every year for the next decade

I hope to God that we win this. We'd have two superstars in the making.

Say our pick this year is number 7. I think a team would really stop and consider if we offered our 2012 first (#7), 2013 first, LAL 2012 1st & TT.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No team picking out of the top three has even a small chance of trading up to the number one pick. Any team in the lottery would take Davis at #1.

I would be pleasantly surprised were the Cavs to win the lottery (or hell, get into the top three), but I think you need to temper expectations and be realistic.

Say our pick this year is number 7. I think a team would really stop and consider if we offered our 2012 first (#7), 2013 first, LAL 2012 1st & TT.

Can't leave yourself without a first for multiple years.

And the Cavs would be literally- LITERALLY- retarded if they made that offer.

Even if the league permitted them to do so- which it does not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No team picking out of the top three has even a small chance of trading up to the number one pick. Any team in the lottery would take Davis at #1.

I would be pleasantly surprised were the Cavs to win the lottery (or hell, get into the top three), but I think you need to temper expectations and be realistic.

Can't leave yourself without a first for multiple years.

We'd still have Miami's first next year so I'm pretty sure we could do that.

And the Cavs would be literally- LITERALLY- retarded if they made that offer.

Even if the league permitted them to do so- which it does not.

Why wouldn't the league let them make that offer? They have a 2013 first in the Miami pick, so the Stepien rule doesn't come into play here. That trade is a little much though. Take out the 2013 first, and I would do it with a grimace.

Why wouldn't the league let them make that offer? They have a 2013 first in the Miami pick, so the Stepien rule doesn't come into play here. That trade is a little much though. Take out the 2013 first, and I would do it with a grimace.

Ah, forgot about that pick. The league would allow it. I could only hope the Cavs wouldn't do it. There's some really terrific players coming out in this draft, even at 7. There's no more guarantee- IMO- that Davis will be a superstar than that some other guys in this draft will be all stars.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."