• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Gooden traded to Clippers?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

King

Rookie
Reaction score
Posters on a bunch of other boards are saying that Channel 19 News is reporting that Gooden has been traded to the Clippers for Jaric. Anyone else hear this?

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Gooden is worth more than Jaric, we better be getting a pick or a filler for that. I think that with Bobby comin over from the Kings, the Grizz is gonna be looking to shop JWill. With Bonzi being involved in that deal, they need a 2 guard, give them Sasha and Gooden since Stro is gone as well. JWill for Sasha and Gooden, I would have that any day.

they said wilcox could possibly be included in the trade

dang marko jaric is injury proned

joma said:
they said wilcox could possibly be included in the trade

That I could definitely do with! Wilcox was my boy in college, I love him as a player, but he hasn't filled that potential yet. I would love to see him in a Cavs uni!

If this is true, its a high risk-high reward trade for us. I think Jaric is a great fit for the team. He provides pretty much all we're looking for in a PG. But hes always a risk to miss around 30 games a season. I hope Wilcox would be included in this deal. Not really that big of a fan of his, but Gooden has more value than just Jaric.

It's just a rumor right now. 19 news isn't the most respected news organization around so we should hold off on totally believeng this for now.

I did happen to catch the story at 11. They said it was reported in 2 LA papers but I just found nothing about it on the sites of the 2 biggest papers in LA.

I think everything depends on what decision Sarunas makes. If he chooses Utah than Jaric is a very strong possibility. His visit to Cleveland has moved to Monday now.

joma said:
i still want sarunas :(

UHHHH, NO! Completely disagree there. I will take the proven NBA player over a Euro any day, half the Euros turn out to be complete and total busts. Jaric, Stoudamire, McGinnis, JWill, and Daniels are all PG's I would want to see in a Cavs uni before Sarunas.

Well, if the trade is Gooden for Jaric and Wilcox ...I will have nailed the Donyell Marshall signing and this particular trade....I'm on a hot streak. I think this helps us alot, and puts Sarunas in Utah then. Plus, I still think we may add one more piece in some form at the center position.

CRWine+Gold said:
UHHHH, NO! Completely disagree there. I will take the proven NBA player over a Euro any day, half the Euros turn out to be complete and total busts. Jaric, Stoudamire, McGinnis, JWill, and Daniels are all PG's I would want to see in a Cavs uni before Sarunas.

you would take mcinnis over sarunas??? :doh:

Last edited:
This would be a decent trade for us, as long as we got Wilcox. I still am kinda disappointed about not landing Sarunas.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."