• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 NFL Draft Shocker

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cdt

Winter Is Here
Reaction score
images

No Jigo, not that shocker...

I'm talking a pick where everyone's like wait...what? The pick where the crowd doesn't boo or cheer. When there is about 6 seconds of dead air on ESPN as you hear papers shuffling.

I don't want a crazy fantasy filled mock draft or anything, but what pick, what player, what team do you feel has a chance to do something crazy?

Is it the Colts drafting RG3? The Vikings taking Blackmon? The Browns...gulp taking Tannehill at 4?

Lets hear it...

Nightmare shocker: Browns take Tannehill at 4
More likely shocker: Micheal Floyd is drafted ahead of Justin Blackmon

Jets draft blunders...I love watching the fans crumple like flowers under a steamroller :chuckles:

Best picks are Ken O'Brien over Marino and Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOYMQxwSORo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm talking a pick where everyone's like wait...what? The pick where the crowd doesn't boo or cheer. When there is about 6 seconds of dead air on ESPN as you hear papers shuffling.

You mean when the Browns took Phil Taylor last year?

Tyson Alualu to the Jaguars a few years back was a huge one, too.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xd22t8_tyson-alualu-jacksonville-jaguars-n_sport"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd22t8_tyson-alualu-jacksonville-jaguars-n_sport" target="_blank">Tyson Alualu: Jacksonville Jaguars NFL Draft...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Jodatoa" target="_blank">Jodatoa</a></i>

My shocker would be Floyd taken before Blackmon.

Edit: I also think that Janoris Jenkins will fall out of the 1st round. He fired his agent recently and just seems like a bad egg.

Last edited:
Every now and again a pick gets "skipped" or a team "passes" for taking up too much time. I think its usually from being unable to work a trade at the last minute but its funny because as soon as it happens the next teams start trying to pick as quickly as possible while the original team gets their act together.

My shocker would be Floyd taken before Blackmon.

Edit: I also think that Janoris Jenkins will fall out of the 1st round. He fired his agent recently and just seems like a bad egg.

The Steelers will take him and he'll end up being a stud, no doubt in my mind. :chuckles:

I don't think we're picking anyone at 4 and with all the trade speculation already this early, probably a bigger shocker if we take somebody. I think the 7, 8 picks with the Jags and Dolphins just about anything could happen. Dolphins out of desperation and Jags because they walk to the beat of their own drum like Al Davis (Death March). I think Mike Brockers (7-15) will go a lot earlier and Quinton Coples (15+) will go a lot later than expected. Alshon Jeffery has fallen so far so fast, I think teams are intentionally trying to bury him with hype of other players.

Mike Wilbon saying the Colts are seriously considering RG3, feeling he's better in the pocket and has a better arm.

How insane if the Colts grab RG3 and Luck rebuffs the Redskins?

I posted this in the Draft Rumor threat but I think this would be a little shocking....

Someone on the OBR forum said they heard a rumor that Holmgren would retire after the Draft. Here is what Lane Adkins (the OBR insider) said at about 4AM this morning:

In checking around today, I am hearing Holmgren has been considering it.

I would be very surprised if this actually occurred.....

I posted this in the Draft Rumor threat but I think this would be a little shocking....

Someone on the OBR forum said they heard a rumor that Holmgren would retire after the Draft. Here is what Lane Adkins (the OBR insider) said at about 4AM this morning:

In checking around today, I am hearing Holmgren has been considering it.

I would be very surprised if this actually occurred.....

:puke:

Let's be real...

Holmgren has put forth a half assed effort in his 3 years here. He's been terrible with the media, he's coasting on his 1 superbowl win as a HC in his entire career. He talks down to the fans like "how dare you question the almighty Holmgren, you've never won dick." with his "you're either with us or against us, don't come to me for playoff tickets."

With a 5 and a 4 win season, I don't think I'll be hitting you up for tickets Mike. I like Heckert as GM, bring Bernie in as the president, invite all the alumnus that have been blackballed back. Fire Shurmur and get a coach with a pulse.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."