• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Series #3 @ Royals -|- April 13th, 14th, and 15th.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Damon isn't sitting vs. RHP if this move makes any sense.

Brantley would have to be getting sent down, or Cunningham DFA'd.

Maybe both.

Can Damon play CF regularly anymore? He played 0 games there in 2011, 4 games in 2010, 0 games in 2009, and 34 games in 2008.

He has an out clause whenever Grady comes back. Not sure if I like that one.

Ken Rosenthal ‏ @Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Damon deal with #Indians will include out clause that will allow him to depart on specified date after Grady Sizemore returns.

What about when Sizemore goes back on the DL three days later?

Eh, he's just getting older, but I guess we can use all the bats we can get?

I still don't see us going anywhere since we're leaving runners on base at a ridiculous rate just like last year.

Rosenthal with more information:

Source: Damon deal with #Indians will include out clause that will allow him to depart on specified date after Grady Sizemore returns. Sizemore underwent back surgery on March 1 and is expected to miss 8 to 12 weeks. Damon deal with #Indians also will include full no-trade.

MLBTR throws in their two cents:

Damon, 38, figures to step into Cleveland's left field situation as soon as he's ready to join the team. Shelley Duncan has started all five of the Indians' games in left, but he's best deployed as the right-handed half of a platoon. A fit between the Tribe and Damon seemed natural for most of the offseason. Just 277 hits away from 3,000 for his career, Damon hit .261/.326/.418 with 16 homers and 19 steals for the Rays last season. He has played fewer than 400 total innings in the outfield over the last two years, but he has appeared in at least 140 games in each of the past 16 years. The Indians tried to acquire Bobby Abreu a few weeks ago, presumably for the same role Damon will fill.

Edit: Sorry, some of you beat me to it on the 1st part.

Can Damon play CF regularly anymore? He played 0 games there in 2011, 4 games in 2010, 0 games in 2009, and 34 games in 2008.

No, he's pretty much strictly a LF guy at this point.

Never though I would see Damon in a Tribe uniform, just like I thought I would never see Shaq in a Cavs uniform.

Agreed...so who are you saying is going to sit for him vs RHP?

Duncan probably.

He'll get some reps at DH and 1B vs. RHP and start all of the games against LHP.

Would be my guess anyway.

Never heard of an "out-clause when Player X returns" in a contract. Sounds like he is just using the Tribe to show he still has something left and then will try to latch on elsewhere later in the season.

Still an upgrade for now.

I really am starting to wonder if it is part of the Indians strategy to have as many lefties as possible. Also.... their entire starting rotation is right handed. Maybe they look at the %'s around the league and say since most pitchers are RH, they want as many lefty hitters as possible. Then with pitching, most hitters are righty, so they want right handed starters.

Sounds stupid, but is it really just a coincidence? It's almost comical at this point.

Rosenthal: No agreement yet between #Indians and Damon. But again, was told by sources late last night that it will happen.

Damon: "Cleveland has always been great to me," Damon texted CBSSports.com Insider Jon Heyman. "And I'm looking forward to reuniting with teammates."

Hate to say this is a must win series, but I believe that the Indians have the Royals, Athletics and Mariners on this road trip.

If they go 6-3, 7-2, or even better, I'll be ecstatic.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."