• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Series #4 @ Mariners -|- April 17th, 18th, and 19th.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
Cleveland Indians (4-4) vs Seattle Mariners (6-5)

GAME 1 -|- April 17th, 10:10PM ET. -|- Justin Masterson (0-1) 2.77 ERA vs Kevin Millwood (0-0) 1.50 ERA

GAME 2 -|- April 18th, 10:10PM ET. -|- Derek Lowe (2-0) 1.98 ERA vs Jason Vargas (1-1) 3.44 ERA

GAME 3 -|- April 19th, 10:10PM ET. -|- John Tomlin (0-1) 8.31 ERA vs Felix Hernandez (1-1) 3.80 ERA

PROJECTED INDIANS LINE-UP FOR THIS SERIES:
1.) Brantley
2.) Cabrera
3.) Choo
4.) Santana
5.) Hafner
6.) Duncan
7.) Kotchman
8.) Kipnis
9.) Hannahan

PROJECTED MARINERS LINE-UP FOR THIS SERIES:
1.) Figgins
2.) Ackley
3.) Suzuki
4.) Smoak
5.) Montero
6.) Liddi
7.) Olivo
8.) Wells
9.) Ryan

[video=youtube;QYXyalVaCys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYXyalVaCys[/video]​

Do not like the odds of the King Felix and Tomlin matchup.

Didn't want to start new thread for this but thought id post Pomeranz first start today...

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA

4.1 9 5 5 2 3 1 100-61 10.38

not the most impressive line

damon is going to help for depth, but if shelley is gonna keep swinging the bat like this, you can't keep him out of the lineup. and he hasn't been THAT bad defensively. hes passable, and thats all you need in left field.

damon is going to help for depth, but if shelley is gonna keep swinging the bat like this, you can't keep him out of the lineup. and he hasn't been THAT bad defensively. hes passable, and thats all you need in left field.

We'll see if he's still en fuego in two weeks or so when Damon actually comes up to play. I think the psychological aspect of the Damon signing has lit a fire under the guys, signing someone so early in the season that wasn't even with a team for spring training to replace someone has got to have some people thinking "If I don't start to perform, I might be finding myself in the minors pretty soon".

We'll see if he's still en fuego in two weeks or so when Damon actually comes up to play. I think the psychological aspect of the Damon signing has lit a fire under the guys, signing someone so early in the season that wasn't even with a team for spring training to replace someone has got to have some people thinking "If I don't start to perform, I might be finding myself in the minors pretty soon".

Ever see "Miracle"? Herb Brooks employed that exact tactic.

I think the move to some warm weather, the crappy Royals pitching, and the Choo incident yesterday had much more to do with the club starting to hit than the Damon signing lighting any kind of fire. The only guy Damon is going to take ABs from is Duncan, and he has been one of the few guys getting hits. Cunningham is the other, and what has he done since? He wasn't replacing Brantley because he can't play CF anymore. I think the guys running into the right pitching staff and the right conditions (the wind was blowing out to LF just about the whole series) was what this team needed to break a six-game hitting slump.

It's early but Indians hitters have the 7th least amount of strikeouts in the MLB, and have taken the 3rd most walks in the MLB. Great sign.

It's early but Indians hitters have the 7th least amount of strikeouts in the MLB, and have taken the 3rd most walks in the MLB. Great sign.

that's because Grady is hurt and LaPorta is in Columbus.

Tribe hitters have a .779 OPS vs righties and a .776 OPS vs lefties. It's early, but helps ease the worry of being so lefty heavy.

Also, we were all freaking out when the Tribe fired their hitting coach last year - I wonder if the new guy is responsible for the better plate discipline we've seen this year.

I won't buy into the recent surge, just like I didn't buy into the slow start - because it is April and buying into anything is foolish. Just enjoying the wins and hope the keep it up. I think this lineup is far less underwhelming then we all think/thought. I just hope I am right - in June I will be able to really see how this team is.

I think pitching is still this teams strength, and that has been suspect at times. I am not worried about Ubaldo, I think he will be sharp. Masterson is Masterson and just needs some damn support. Derek Lowe is going to be consistent, not amazing, but consistent enough to hold down his spot - which is what I expected despite all the grief everyone gave the organization for the trade. Gomez is a wait and see, and Tomlin does worry me a little bit - however his first start really was NOT that bad, and his mid-game performance is tough to judge.

Again - even just typing that out seems like a bit of a stretch since it is so early. But patience is just key, and I think they have a chance to compete.

Also - there is a difference between Game 1 where they scored 7 in the first and then basically shat themselves the rest of the game, and then yesterday where they had a nice consistent attack.

TRIBE is the #3 scoring team. But apparently, teams don't score in Spaceco... Last year I believe we lit it up there.

Playing against this dude in fantasy and he picked up Vargas and Millwood for matchup reasons. Hopefully the Tribe can make me happy x2.

Loved what I've seen from Gomez but Tomlin scares the hell out of me.

Which is more or less the exact opposite of last year (Tomlin being good and the #5 guy sucking horribly).

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."