• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Series #4 @ Mariners -|- April 17th, 18th, and 19th.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Loved what I've seen from Gomez but Tomlin scares the hell out of me.

Which is more or less the exact opposite of last year (Tomlin being good and the #5 guy sucking horribly).

If Roberto comes back, I see him taking Tomlin's spot. Gotta ride with Gomez, he has the stuff to get outs as opposed to Tomlin being flukey.

If Roberto comes back, I see him taking Tomlin's spot. Gotta ride with Gomez, he has the stuff to get outs as opposed to Tomlin being flukey.

Love having Barnes as depth in AAA, too. He is MOWING people down. With he and hopefully Zombie Fausto at some point - we have some depth there.

To be fair to Tomlin, his control is still a bit off.

To be fair with everyone else, if his control is even a bit off, he's garbage.

Better get his ass in gear. I actually wouldn't mind him starting in Safeco and just watching fly balls die.

Nevermind, got the dates wrong.

Last edited:

When Hernandez comes back I see Masterson/Jimenez/Lowe/Hernandez/Gomez with Tomlin moving to long relief and Wheeler DFA.

When Hernandez comes back I see Masterson/Jimenez/Lowe/Hernandez/Gomez with Tomlin moving to long relief and Wheeler DFA.

More than OK with that. Hernandez started to come on a bit towards the end of the year...before the Tigers came in to town. :/ I'm sure someone will miss a start this season due to injury. It's just the nature of the position. Let Tomlin work on his command to get it back to form, then bring him in when need be. Depth at the position is beautiful.

Question is, when will Hernandez make his comeback?

Juan Carlos Oviedo (Leo Nunez) is going to be suspended for 6 weeks once he gets back to America. I would expect the same for Hernandez, so it will be a while before he is actually here and not suspended.

I hate that I have to call him Hernandez now. Screw that, he's fausto.

I'm having real troubles calling him Hernadez.

I'm sticking with Zombie Fausto.

(And yes, I realize this is horribly insensitive to the REAL Fausto Carmona - but the real Fausto Carmona's parents were blackmailing Hernandez, so nobody's perfect.)

Juan Carlos Oviedo (Leo Nunez) is going to be suspended for 6 weeks once he gets back to America. I would expect the same for Hernandez, so it will be a while before he is actually here and not suspended.

While it's not ideal that we don't have Fauxberto in the rotation now, when he does return to Cleveland in July or August it will be almost like adding a pitcher at the deadline. Odds are the Tribe won't be adding someone on par with Ubaldo this year, and Fauxberto could really help our rotation/bullpen if we're in a pennant chase.

It wouldn't exactly be adding a quality pitcher..

Depends on which Fausto...err...Rob theyre getting this season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."