• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Lester Hudson Leaving (signing with Memphis)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CavsGirl

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, so feel free to combine or whatever.

WTF?

Reed, Boyer ‏ @PDcavsinsider

Lester Hudson will not finish the season with the #Cavs. Likely heading elsewhere, tho not clear yet where

Jason Lloyd ‏ @JasonLloydABJ

#Cavs not renewing Lester Hudson's contract for final week of season. His second 10 day contract expired after last night's game

Re: Lester Hudson Leaving?

Yet we kept Ryan Hollins around for how long?

Too good. Period

When do playoff rosters need to be finalized....I usually know, but we aren't in that mix...so screw it.

Wow. I am not going to cry about it because the guy is 28 already, but come on. How do you have Luke Harangody and Semih Erden stuck on this team for 2 years but Lester can't?

I really like him. I hope another team signs him.

I don't understand why they wouldn't keep him as a bench guy for next season, he's better than most of what they have now.

The Tank is strong with this one...

I don't see what the big deal is. He is 27 and shooting 39.1%(24.6%), 84.2%

The tank must go on.

God damn phone. Someone post "The Show Must Go On" by Queen from Youtube. :chuckles:

It's a two way street. He has to want to sign a contract with the Cavs. Maybe he's being offered a better spot someplace else?

Thank goodness. Kid was trying way to hard.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2012/04/cleveland_cavaliers_and_lester.html

This article theorizes that Lester asked for more money and/or longer contract since he's played so well but that Grant probably doesn't want to give a 28 year old guy who had 2 good weeks of basketball a big contract. Lester's been great, but Grant is probably making a wise move in terms of roster and financial flexibility.

I don't have a problem with the Cavs not signing Hudson to guaranteed money into next year. Maybe they could use him next year, but I don't see it as a make or break decision.

I did think it was weird they didn't just sign Hudson for a rest-of-the-year contract earlier this month, rather than the 2nd ten-day contract, and negotiate next year later. Now the Cavs are left with Parker and Harris at 2G for the last 5 games.

Are we going to see Mychel Thompson's triumphant return?

Good point, they'll probably just grab another d-league guy for pennies. Might as well audition another young fringe player. They seem to like that approach and Gee and Sloan have been good products of it.

Still not 1005 convinced on him. We are a bad team right now. Hudson is averaging 40% shooting. Someone will score, even on bad teams. Is it that Hudson has been good, or is it that he isnt afraid to take shots. 15 points on 15 shots isnt really that good. Infact, it helps lead to losses.

Lester won us that Toronto game.. :mad:

Guess it makes no sense to sign him at this point with only a few games left and the Cavs looking to tank. Maybe they can sign him this summer if they really want him back.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."