• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Lester Hudson Leaving (signing with Memphis)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Re: Lester Hudson Leaving?

Depending on who we draft, would it be so stupid to sign him to minimum pay contract for next season? I assume the NBA league minimum is still way more than he's making in the D League, right?

Depending on who we draft, would it be so stupid to sign him to minimum pay contract for next season? I assume the NBA league minimum is still way more than he's making in the D League, right?

I believe he made more on a single 10-day contract (prorated to the veteran's minimum salary) than he made all year in the D-League. So, yes, a LOT more money.

I would think the Cavs would keep him on their radar this off-season in case they remain just as weak at 2G, but it sounds like he must have some other option available. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet.

What the fuck? You will never see the type of production pulling up a D-Leaguer mid-season like you did with Hudson.

I mean he would have likely made little to no difference to our future, but still...

His effort and intensity were the breath of fresh air that this team needed and I'll never forgive him for it.

Are you serious? I mean really? I'm all for tanking, but this was a solid player with some stuff to work with, despite him being 27 or 28. He averaged 12.7 PPG while he was here, which made some games closer than they should have. Even if he couldn't of been a good starter at the 2 in the future, he could of still been a great 6th man or backup SG. I swear if he starts lighting it off next year...

You just can't carry two 6'2 SG's on the roster. Neither Hudson nor Gibson can play backup PG with any real ability. So giving Hudson a contract for next season just doesn't make sense when your already 2.5 million committed to Gibson. Now if Gibson is cut or traded then that opens up a spot for Hudson but until that happens the Cavs had to do the right thing for roster flexibility.

2 weeks of great play doesn't Merit a big contract. I'm sad to see him go, but the tank keeps heading south...

Hudson pays the price for Toronto win and Nets OT and almost win.. Grant ain't kidding. He wants the tank strong :chuckles:

18032742-98df-0377.jpg

Scott- What did I tell you? Head the tank south! Don't shoot, pass!

Hudson- But coach you said to try a little bit more after that Milwaukee game.

Scott- Yeah, before I realized we suck and the tank is running strong.

Hudson- But you're gonna at least sign me up for next year, right

Scott- No. I was dead serious when I said don't try so hard from now on.

Hudson- So you're saying that you'll take Parker and Manny over me?

Scott- Well you're just way too old. Doors over there. And do me a favor on your way out. Throw this (play book) away. Don't need that no more.

^Ouch.

Scott- What did I tell you? Head the tank south! Don't shoot, pass!

Hudson- But coach you said to try a little bit more after that Milwaukee game.

Scott- Yeah, before I realized we suck and the tank is running strong.

Hudson- But you're gonna at least sign me up for next year, right

Scott- No. I was dead serious when I said don't try so hard from now on.

Hudson- So you're saying that you'll take Parker and Manny over me?

Scott- Well you're just way too old. Doors over there. And do me a favor on your way out. Throw this (play book) away. Don't need that no more.

Better luck next time big guy.

Holy shit. This may be worse than the last fake dialogue post I read on here, and that one was pretty damn bad..

In fact, I'm not even going to quote it.. you're welcome guys...

What's with all the shitty fake conversations lately?

What's with all the shitty fake conversations lately?
that's not restricted to lately. they are and have always been shitty.

in more relevant news, he was supposed to be a core piece going forward!! what is going on here?!

that's not restricted to lately. they are and have always been shitty.

in more relevant news, he was supposed to be a core piece going forward!! what is going on here?!

The tank is running and running well towards the South.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."