• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Morris Claiborne Vs. Trent Richardson: pick a side

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Trent, as clearly illustrated in the poll thread. The argument that Claiborne will help the offense as much as Richardson helps the defense is absolutely absurd.

I think I'm with the majority here. Claiborne is 1A, Richardson is 1B. I will not be upset with either pick as I understand arguments for both.

Many like The Muscle Hamster, as do I. I just don't think he has the speed or vision Trent does.

Yeah the only thing Claiborne helps is Sheldon Brown from suffering anymore 3rd degree burns...

Richardson would be a chain mover which we currently do not have, and would allow the defense to get a legitimate rest. The defense usually was solid all game and would finally break in the 3rd and eventually give up a few scores which for our offense are absolutely insurmountable.

Trent, as clearly illustrated in the poll thread. The argument that Claiborne will help the offense as much as Richardson helps the defense is absolutely absurd.

How do you figure? Don't be silly.

If you're saying that Trent will help keep the defense off the field, which is true, then in the same breath you must say Claiborne will help the offense by getting them on the field more and/or getting better field position with interceptions, fumbles created by the defensive front 7 (since we have 2 elite corners, the front 7 can be more aggressive, thus forcing more turnovers).

I think both are on the same level talent wise, elite prospects for their respective positions. But bottom line, RB is a bigger area of need on this team. To me, I think you have to go with need when its this close. Richardson can be a playmaker for the Browns, I don't think they can afford to pass on him. I'm for Trent Richardson all the way.

I think both are on the same level talent wise, elite prospects for their respective positions. But bottom line, RB is a bigger area of need on this team. To me, I think you have to go with need when its this close. Richardson can be a playmaker for the Browns, I don't think they can afford to pass on him. I'm for Trent Richardson all the way.

Richardson is the best rb to come out since peterson while Claiborne is maybe the 4th best cb to come out in the same time span. Our own hayden might have been ranked higher coming out. I am team Trent on talent. If you have a chance to draft a once in a 5 year for a position and it happens to be a position of need, you take it.

Richardson is the best rb to come out since peterson while Claiborne is maybe the 4th best cb to come out in the same time span. Our own hayden might have been ranked higher coming out. I am team Trent on talent. If you have a chance to draft a once in a 5 year for a position and it happens to be a position of need, you take it.

Name them. Revis wasn't as highly touted coming out. From a pure athlete standpoint, yes, HaDen, Peterson & Berry are above and beyond Claiborne. From a pure cornerback, coverage ability standpoint, Claiborne >>> anyone in the past 5 years. Berry is a safety & Peterson may end up being one.

I didn't see Tannehill as a choice...

I'll wait for the thread edit... :chuckles:

When drafting defense, Pass Rush>>>>Pass coverage.

We already took our elite corner 2 years ago, having another is a luxury. Not too tough to find a second corner later in the draft. Every good team finds them. Give me one offensive stud please. Driving the T-Rich bandwagon.

i'm just glad that we're finally in a position where we don't have to hope that either one falls to us (AJ Green last year :thumbdown). the chances of some team trading up to #3 aren't very high in my opinion so both should be on the board at #4. i would be fine with either one, both are special prospects...

(gun to my head i would probably lean towards TRich, i think he would have a bigger impact on our game than Claiborne...)

I was just talking with my buddy who is a Steelers fan about this last night. Wanted some outside perspective. He said that while both players are obvious studs, he thought we might be taking Richardson a year or two too early. He said we could be wasting a couple of his best years while we're still trying to figure out the offense. It's a fair point.

I'm also curious if H&H are feeling enough pressure to show improvement in the win/loss column that they decide to go with Richardson. I think he is the more immediate impact player. But, like my buddy said, adding Claiborne to our D should make our secondary an elite unit, improve the entire D and then give our offense a couple years to catch up.

Name them. Revis wasn't as highly touted coming out. From a pure athlete standpoint, yes, HaDen, Peterson & Berry are above and beyond Claiborne. From a pure cornerback, coverage ability standpoint, Claiborne >>> anyone in the past 5 years. Berry is a safety & Peterson may end up being one.

Name what? Claiborne is graded as a 96.

Peterson 97
Haden 97
Landry 97 (yes revis ended up the better player)

Throw in a 98 for Berry but he is a safety.

Funny thing is the amount of top corners coming out of LSU

Trade down young fella, trade doowwwwnnnn

I hate taking running backs so high. I hate taking them so high in a pass happy league. Claiborne hands down for me. He's the player I wanted the most all along.

The Browns can find a really good running back later in the draft, but finding shut down corners like Claiborne, good luck, they're hard to find.

When drafting defense, Pass Rush>>>>Pass coverage.

We already took our elite corner 2 years ago, having another is a luxury. Not too tough to find a second corner later in the draft. Every good team finds them. Give me one offensive stud please. Driving the T-Rich bandwagon.

I think its pretty obvious you need BOTH if you're going to be a great defense. Yeah, I mean guys like Revis, Ed Reed, and Troy Polamalu aren't worth a damn to their team. Anyone who follows football, understands a dominate corner/safety can dramatically impact the game defensively. When the Steelers, the GREAT Steelers are without Polamalu, that suddenly great Steeler defense becomes pretty ordinary.

Same with Ed Reed of the Ravens. The same with Revis on the Jets. Your idea that pass coverage is not that important is so misguided. Pass coverage>Pass rush. Both are important, but if your secondary sucks you're going to get torched by good QBs in this league all day long. Our secondary is still not that good. We got away with playing some weak QBs last year. You're not going to get away with playing Sheldon Brown at corner, and not give up some huge passing completions.

Better pass coverage makes a pass rush look better. Didn't you notice for once the Browns were actually getting SOME coverage sacks for a change?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."