• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

22nd and 37th Pick Discussion

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Random prediction...I see this as Josh Cribbs last season as a Cleveland Brown. 7 million for a KR that hasn't housed one in almost 2 years is too much to pay unless he doesn't show up fat again and gets back to his old self. No coincidence he hasn't been nearly the same player since "da man got paid."

He housed a punt return vs. the Ravens last year but I agree. 7 Million is way to much to pay him especially with the new kickoff rules that started last year.

I'd really have a hard time being upset if they took Randle at 22, given the uncertainty of that whole 20-50 region of where guys can go...If they want to reach a bit for their guy I'm all for it.

Attack the RT position at 37, or trade back into the second as well.

I've been on board with Randall for a while. 22 would be a reach, but I agree, I wouldn't be upset with that reach. I would be very nervous if Randall was our hope in rd 2 because he could easily be snagged before 37.

I'm meh on Randle. I'd rather see Hill or Jeffery the pick before settling on Randle.

I hope the Browns have Coby Fleener in consideration at 22. He'd be great for them, giving them an elite talent to attack the seams and help in the red zone.

I also think Chris Givens should be in consideration at 37, as he'd be a great pair with Greg Little IMO.

On the OL, Glenn and Massie would both be solid picks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jonathon Martin available between 22 and 37 either, and he may be worth exploring too.

I like this scenario...

#4: Richardson
#22: Riley Reiff if he falls- If not Nick Perry DE out of USC or Stephon Gilmore CB out of South Carolina
#37: Ruben Randall
Use 3rd Rounder and one of the 4ths to get back into the 2nd round to grab Bobby Massie if we didn't get Reiff.

If Randall is not there I'm not super excited about the rest of the 2nd round WR class (Sanu, Jeffrey)

I think Perry is a bit underrated by many people, and at 22 I think he'd be a real good pick. Him and Sheard could be a nightmare for offenses.

I really like Chris Givens, would certainly be a great selection at 37.

I really like Chris Givens, would certainly be a great selection at 37.

No thanks. See below. Floyd/Hill/Jeffery/Randle/Criner

CBS Sports said:
He also came out of high school with a history of two separate ACL injuries, reflecting a durability concern he brings into the draft.

No thanks. See below. Floyd/Hill/Jeffery/Randle/Criner

Criner had a mysterious illness that almost ended his career last year.

Jeffrey is a couple buffet's away from being a tight end.

Floyd has character concerns, Hill has experience concerns.

An ACL injury isn't nearly as big of a deal today as it was years ago. It's certainly a concern, but with all NFL teams knowing this and checking him out it's just not something that makes me avoid a guy like it used to.

He's explosive, he's a game-breaker...and he's showed no ill effects from those injuries whatsoever.

I'm thinking it ends up going like this:

4 - Richardson
22 - Whitney Mercilus
37 - Reuben Randle

And we get an OT in Rd. 3.

I like Nick Perry and Chandler Jones more than Mercilus, but I'm certainly not opposed to adding a DE opposite Sheard.

Boobie, thoughts on a possible tradeup if Melvin Ingram slips?

I wouldn't mind it if he got into the teens.

Boobie, thoughts on a possible tradeup if Melvin Ingram slips?

I wouldn't mind it if he got into the teens.

I'm really not a big Ingram fan. I think the gap between he and Perry/Mercilus/Jones isn't enough to warrant a trade up. I think he's a pretty good player, but I haven't seen him showcase the high amount of pass rush moves I'd expect for a DE drafted that high.

4 - Trent Richardson
22 - Cordy Glenn
37 - Janoris Jenkins
67 - Joe Adams

I've said for months that I would love Cordy Glenn with #22, but I doubt he will be there. I initially hated Richardson with the #4, but upon hearing some people mention him as the best RB prospect since Marshall Faulk, I am warming up to the idea.

If the Browns do not go with Richardson with #4, put me down for David Wilson out of V.T. with pick #37. I think he has a good shot at being a #1 running back, he's a guy with his head on straight, and people have been quiet about him leading up to the draft.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."