• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game #65 -|- Wizards @ Cavaliers, Weds, 25 April 2012, 7:00PM ET

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pyro

Go Cleveland!
Reaction score
cle.gif
VS
was-4.gif

(21-43) against (18-46)

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS PROJECTED STARTING LINE-UPS
CLE_Irving_Kyrie.jpg
3171.jpg
CLE_Thompson_Tristan.jpg
4686.jpg
3247.jpg

Kyrie Irving, Anthony Parker, Tristan Thompson, Alonzo Gee, Antawn Jamison

WASHINGTON WIZARDS PROJECTED STARTING LINE-UPS
4716.jpg
4758.jpg
4748.jpg
WAS_Vesely_Jan.jpg
WAS_Singleton_Chris.jpg

John Wall, Jordan Crawford, Kevin Seraphin, Jan Vesely, Chris Singleton

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS BENCH
4628.jpg
4783.jpg
4827.jpg
cle_2.gif

Omri Casspi, Luke Harangody, Manny Harris, D.J. Kennedy

4799.jpg
cle_2.gif
3847.jpg
3735.jpg

Samardo Samuels, Donald Sloan, Anderson Varejao, Luke Walton

WASHINGTON WIZARDS BENCH
4559.jpg
3568.jpg
4055.jpg
3605.jpg

Cartier Martin, Maurice Evans, James Singleton, Nene Hilario

WAS_Mack_Shelvin.jpg
4303.jpg
4754.jpg
3727.jpg

Shelvin Mack, Morris Almond, Trevor Booker, Brian Cook

RANDOM TANK
Abrams-tanks-may-get-hydrogen-fuel-cells.jpg

Re: Game #65 -|- Washington Wizards @ Cleveland Cavaliers, Weds, 25 April 2012, 7:00P

Under/Over on how many minutes Kyrie Irving plays?

Re: Game #65 -|- Washington Wizards @ Cleveland Cavaliers, Weds, 25 April 2012, 7:00P

under 20 minutes

Game 7 - NBA Finals of Tanking. This one's for all the ping pong balls.

The sad/frustrating thing is that we have complete control of this situation. All we have to do is lose. Don't play Kyrie, 'rest' Jamison, and we got it. Let's go Byron, if you want to be frustrated next year trying to get PJIII to play hard then go ahead and win. But if you want to see Anthony ^---^ Davis blocking shots that leads to an ally oop dunk by Gee from Kyrie then just sit some guys. It's not hard.

Honestly if I told Byron this to his face he would prolly say:

2740513.gif

:chuckles: Such a great gif

It is the gif that keeps on giving.

Kyrie Irving - DNP: Basketball Reasons

I really hope Nene gets some serious burn this game. He's not hurt anymore. He should get at least 25 minutes. That's enough time. Look at what Gasol did in that amount of time.

We also need to "evaluate the roster" and give Sloan, Harris, Harangody, Casspi (even if he's hurt), Samardo, and Walton some serious minutes. We also need to let the Wilson kid play.

I really hope that the Knicks or Raptors game does not come back and haunt us in this game...

I'll be so pissed if we play our non-deleague players. Anyone that messes with our future deserves to be fired. This isn't Parker's or Jamison's team. Anyone that goes to the game should boo them off the court until the tank machine is on.

Start praying to the tank gods people. We need faith in this battle.

What are draft scenarios if they win?

What are draft scenarios if they win?

If they win, they will be 22-43 going into the final game against Chicago.

Right now, New Jersey and Toronto are tied at 22-43. So they would be entering a three way tie with New Jersey and Toronto. However, Toronto and New Jersey play each other on their last game. So one of them will end up 22-44 and the other will be 23-43. If the Cavs win against Washington and lose to Chicago, they will also finish 22-44.

Here are the standings as of now (and in parentheses, I will put the team's likely end record).

1. Charlotte: 7-57 (2 games left, 7-59 finish)
2. Washington: 18-46 (2 games left, 18-48)* <--- Assuming the Cavs and Heat beat them
3. (tie) New Orleans: 21-44 (1 game left, 21-45)
3. (tie) Sacramento: 21-44 (1 game left, 21-45)
5. Cleveland: 21-43 (2 games left, 22-44)* <--- Have them beating Washington in this hypothetical
6. (tie) New Jersey: 22-43 (1 game left, 22-44 or 23-43)
6. (tie) Toronto: 22-43 (1 game left, 22-44 or 23-43)
8. Golden State: 23-42 (1 game left, 23-43)
9. Detroit: 24-41 (1 game left, 24-42)
10. Minnesota: 26-39 (1 game left, 26-40)

So, if the Cavs beat the Wizards tonight and lose to the Bulls tomorrow night, they will tie with either New Jersey or Toronto. Assuming everything else plays out like I have above, they would tie at the #5 and #6 positions.

Here are the percentages associated with getting into the top three for teams that finish #5 and #6.

5: 8.8% (1st), 9.7% (2nd), 10.7% (3rd)
6: 6.3% (1st), 7.1% (2nd), 8.1% (3rd)

In the tie, there is one extra ball (151 total), so one team will have 75 and the other will have 76.

5-6: (tie) 7.6% (1st), 8.4% (2nd), 9.4% (3rd)

Going to be a tough tank tonight and tomorrow. No way Bulls starters play either. Good thing for us is there is no NBA team with a worse bench/tank squad than the Cavs.

Going to be a tough tank tonight and tomorrow. No way Bulls starters play either. Good thing for us is there is no NBA team with a worse bench/tank squad than the Cavs.

I dunno man. I think I have to give the nod to Golden State for having the worst bench/tank squad in the NBA (overlooking Charlotte). The way they have faked injuries and thrown games has been something truly worthy of infamy.

In the future, we will back at this day in history, and point to it as the most important single game of our rebuild.

Acquiring the Clippers pick is the most important single moment.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."