• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
With pick #37, the Browns HAVE to come away with either a WR or OT, preferably a WR. Weeden needs more weapons to throw too and if we can get Randle or Hill I would be happy. If Martin, Schwartz, Glenn or Massie fell to the 3rd round we would have to take a serious look at them as well...

I wouldn't be surprised if we traded a future 2013 pick (not a first or second) and some of our later picks to move back in to the bottom part of the 2nd...

Browns will go WR or OT at 37. They made an investment in both Weeden and Richardson. You need someone to protect them. We know the Browns are really high on Schwartz. Wouldn't be shocked to see that pick at some point today. If we can snag Hill and Schwartz today I'd consider that a great draft. Then spend Day 3 on some defense.

The Browns MUST take Hill or Randle. Long Story short, in order for the Weeden pick to make sense, you need a WR.

I think this is the right call. Randle is the best option IMO. Fits within the WCO the best of any receiver on the board. Hopefully we do not have to move up to get him but you never know.

I do think the Browns will be active to get BACK into the 2nd round. There are 3 ways of doing this; trading 67 and a 5th, trading a low pick this year and a pick next year, or trading a player with or without a pick this year.

The most likely scenario would be trading 67 and a 5th but I think the best move would be to get with St Louis who has 3 picks in the 2nd round and working out a deal where we take 45 from them and in return we give them a 5th this year and our 2nd next year. Schwartz, Massie, Adams all are possibly on the board at that point, definitely one of them.

I have this feeling we aren't taking a WR today. They supposedly like a few WR's all over the board, and it'll end up being BPA all the way through. I'm hoping that Cordy Glenn ends up being the pick, truthfully.

Browns will go WR at 37, then draft O-Line and BPA after.

I'm betting on two second round picks today. O-line and WR.

Our offense will be set. We'll still be weak at CB and LB on the defensive side, but considering how many holes we had on this roster a couple years back, we've made some significant progress.

If we stand pat select a OT with 37, do you think we could take a chance on Ryan Broyles in the 3rd? Before the acl injury he was dominating at Oklahoma. I think he could be a steal if he was to fall.

Our O line leaves a lot to be desired. We just took a QB and an offensive weapon. I am pretty sure we need to address the O line next, as much as I want Hill.

Can someone tell me what draft picks we have post trade last night?

The Browns MUST take Hill or Randle. Long Story short, in order for the Weeden pick to make sense, you need a WR.

I think at this point we need to acquire another second. This isn't like a maybe thing. We NEED to go out and get an offensive lineman, for Trent and for Weeden. If we do, our offense (whether I don't like Weeden or not) is going to be completely revamped next year. I'm still going to be excited what kind of noise we can make.

Hopefully a Bengals like turn around. :thumbup:

I think at this point we need to acquire another second. This isn't like a maybe thing. We NEED to go out and get an offensive lineman, for Trent and for Weeden. If we do, our offense (whether I don't like Weeden or not) is going to be completely revamped next year. I'm still going to be excited what kind of noise we can make.

Hopefully a Bengals like turn around. :thumbup:

Maybe Frostee Rucker can bring in that winning mentality :cool:

Really hoping the Browns take Hill or Jeffery today, as well as move McCoy for a pick to be used to move back into Rd 2-3 for an OL.

We still have a ton of extra picks, I say we move up or acquire an extra 2nd.

Really hoping the Browns take Hill or Jeffery today, as well as move McCoy for a pick to be used to move back into Rd 2-3 for an OL.

If Tebow went for a 4th, McCoy will go for a 6th.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."