• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Find a flaw in this guy's logic

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THEfuture023

Rookie
Reaction score
Quoting this comment made by a member named "Captain Cleveland" on a clevelandbrowns.com article written by Vic Carucci.

Wow Vic, you really have to tow the company line, don’t you? They pick a marginally productive tiny WR in the 98th round and they didn’t ignore the WR position??? Yes, they did. They drafted a QB who should be entering the prime of his career after 6 years in the NFL who instead will be a rookie. Who is he going to throw to? Yes, Greg Little is a player. Mohammed Massaquoi could be ok if he can keep from getting concussions every time he intakes breath. Josh Cribbs tries, but he’s just not a natural WR. They needed a Stephen Hill. Or a Reuben Randle. Or….you know……anybody. And then they draft 11 defensive tackles and 17 inside linebackers when that is the one defensive line position and linebacker position where we have some existing young talent.

MR. LERNER, I HAVE A HUGE MONEY-SAVING PROPOSITION!!!……

Take whatever you’re paying MIKE HOLMGREN, TOM HECKERT, AND YOUR ENTIRE SCOUTING DEPARTMENT, AND CAN THEM.

NOW HERE’S WHAT YOU DO…..

Pay me say $100,000 a year, get me a subscription to Lindy’s Pro Football, and let me make your draft picks. I’ll do a better job than the tens of millions you have tied up in the knuckleheads running your team now. I mean, all year to scout, and the WR prospect we “discover” is from the U of M? Gosh, what intensive scouring you did tofind a tiny WR slightly bigger than my 4 year old son at one of the biggest football factories in the country.

WANT ME TO PROVE IT?

At the end of the year, tell me….

- If you would rather have had Brandon Weeden OR who I would have picked there, David DeCastro.

- At 37, tell me if you would rather have Mitchell Schwartz or who I would have picked, Stephen Hill.

- In round three, tell me if you would rather have John Hughes or who I would have picked, Bobbie Massie.

- In round 4, tell me if you would rather have Travis Benjamin or who I would have picked Chase Minnifield? And does that last name sound familiar???

- And my philosophy in rounds 5-7 would ALWAYS be, TAKE GUYS WHO HAVE THE PHYSICAL TOOLS TO EXCEL, and coach them up! Instead we take guys who were marginally productive at marginal programs with marginal upside. Here is where you should be taking risks on talented guys who weren’t productive because they transferred or had coaching changes or were in the wrong system or made some bad choices but have learned from them. Not guys who were marginally productive because they were and are marginally talented. THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE SCOUTS! Find players flying under the radar. Find the guys lighting it up for the freaking local YMCA in rural Louisiana, not the guy who can’t play even though he had good coaching at a major college power.

The Browns will remain where they are doomed to be for who knows how long, the bottom. And here’s the sad thing…..

I WILL SUPPORT THEM TO MY DIEING DAY! AND WATCH THEM EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY!

But seriously Mr. Lerner, $100,000, some decent health care coverage, a subscription to some football magazines and ESPN Insider, and a good satellite TV hook-up to watch a lot of college football games and I will bring the Browns back with some good personnel choices, since the current “braintrust”, and I use that term very, very, very loosely, has no frigging clue.

Please, find one.

http://blogs.clevelandbrowns.com/20...rowns-draft-comes-down-to-four-picks/#respond

Last edited:
He spelled dying wrong. Other then that I could not read that garbage.

1. Saying he wanted to draft Minnefield in the 4th, when the guy was available in the 7th (and subsequently as a UDFA). That's about as poor a use of resource as some of the things he's complaining about.

2. Some very productive guys with marginal physical tools (lets be real for a second, even most of those guys are elite athletes) are just as good of a bet as guys with physical tools but no production. Obviously having less than ideal physical skills and no production isn't much of a combo to bank on.

Easy. This guy thinks NFL Draft sites are gospel. Hence, the butthurt over our picks. Any more questions?

I wish I could have everyone else's pick for the round after me before I picked. That would be sweet.

-Minnifield ended up going undrafted and was coming off of major surgery.

-A lot of good Stephen Hill would have done with Colt when he's known for being a deep threat.

-We still wouldn't be able to stop the run with his draft.

-He's using asanine logic by saying we'll see the final results after 1 season.

-He's using asanine logic by using NFL draft sites to make his picks.

Should I keep going?

-Minnifield ended up going undrafted and was coming off of major surgery.

-A lot of good Stephen Hill would have done with Colt when he's known for being a deep threat.

-We still wouldn't be able to stop the run with his draft.

-He's using asanine logic by saying we'll see the final results after 1 season.

-He's using asanine logic by using NFL draft sites to make his picks.

Should I keep going?

Before I say this, I want to make certain that I have no idea what type of player Carlton Mitchell is or will be (if anything). For all I know he could be the first WR in line to be cut.

However, is it possible that this coaching staff believes that Carlton Mitchell is as good as Stephen Hill? Going on year 3, this staff, for some reason, has hung onto Mitchell through multiple injuries. He fucked up his hand in pre-camp (in an already shortened summer camp). I have to think this staff really believes in Calrton Mitchell. He has the same exact size & speed that Hill possesses...only he's been in the NFL for 2 years.

I am in no way suggesting Carlton Mitchell is Stephen Hill or that he is the answer, but perhaps this regime believes he can be that big, physical speedster everyone has been clamoring for.

I think the author of that was MoneyForGyros

Captain Sweatpants said:
..a subscription to some football magazines and ESPN Insider..

I really can't believe anybody could take this guy seriously...

Seeing that we're paying Heckert millions of dollars, I'd hope he'd use more reliable drafting resources than football magazines and ESPN insider.

Mel Kiper is probably making around $250k a year to talk about a football draft for ESPN. If he was actually really good at his job, he'd have gotten offers in the millions to be a GM for one of these NFL franchises.

Pretty sure Kiper is taking money from agents to promote players. He often times praises a player who would either go bust or wont be picked as high as he claimed.

[/QUOTE]Pay me say $100,000 a year, get me a subscription to Lindy’s Pro Football, and let me make your draft picks.[/QUOTE]

He should go root for the Bengals, cause this is what they do every year....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."