• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Find a flaw in this guy's logic

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Seeing that we're paying Heckert millions of dollars, I'd hope he'd use more reliable drafting resources than football magazines and ESPN insider.

Mel Kiper is probably making around $250k a year to talk about a football draft for ESPN. If he was actually really good at his job, he'd have gotten offers in the millions to be a GM for one of these NFL franchises.

Kiper's job is like a fuckin dream job. That dude has got it made.

Seeing that we're paying Heckert millions of dollars, I'd hope he'd use more reliable drafting resources than football magazines and ESPN insider.

Mel Kiper is probably making around $250k a year to talk about a football draft for ESPN. If he was actually really good at his job, he'd have gotten offers in the millions to be a GM for one of these NFL franchises.

And that's before you add the money agents pay him to pimp their clients. Consider Kiper a lobbyist who can be bought for any nominal amount

Kiper has to make more than 250k per year.

So, this guy is going to draft two guards instead of a QB and a DT, a WR instead of a RT, and an undrafted corner coming off microfracture surgery rather than a WR.

How can I ever find a flaw in this logic?

So, this guy is going to draft two guards instead of a QB and a DT, a WR instead of a RT, and an undrafted corner coming off microfracture surgery rather than a WR.

How can I ever find a flaw in this logic?

Well, he doesn't know this because it wasn't in his latest copy of Lindy's. :chuckles:

The real shame in all of this is if this had been done tongue in cheek, it could have been an awesome read. Instead, we get a tiresome and uninformed rant. Another person proving Mark Twain's genius. Oh well.

I don't think that's fair. Kiper is quite good at his job, which is evaluating the talent of college players. There is a lot more that goes into deciding who is and isn't right for an NFL football team than those evaluations however, which is why Kiper isn't a GM. Kiper has a similar job to that of a scout, and in his current role, he can make much more than a scout does (with far greater notoriety).

thread should be titled "Find a logic in this guy's flaws"

Before I say this, I want to make certain that I have no idea what type of player Carlton Mitchell is or will be (if anything). For all I know he could be the first WR in line to be cut.

However, is it possible that this coaching staff believes that Carlton Mitchell is as good as Stephen Hill? Going on year 3, this staff, for some reason, has hung onto Mitchell through multiple injuries. He fucked up his hand in pre-camp (in an already shortened summer camp). I have to think this staff really believes in Calrton Mitchell. He has the same exact size & speed that Hill possesses...only he's been in the NFL for 2 years.

I am in no way suggesting Carlton Mitchell is Stephen Hill or that he is the answer, but perhaps this regime believes he can be that big, physical speedster everyone has been clamoring for.

It's possible they'll want to line Mitchell (going deep), Benjamin (going deep) with little and momass in as well.

I actually think it would be cool if the Browns or any team took someone like that guy and hired him for a week to break down film. No names on the players he's scouting, no scouting books to look at, just game tape, a pad and pen.

Tell him to list the pro's & cons of each player, which round he thinks they should go in, what teams he expects could draft him, what other teams draft boards could look like, do background checks, call high school coaches, math teachers, science teachers, babysitters... Would be a fun exercise.

I actually think it would be cool if the Browns or any team took someone like that guy and hired him for a week to break down film. No names on the players he's scouting, no scouting books to look at, just game tape, a pad and pen.

Tell him to list the pro's & cons of each player, which round he thinks they should go in, what teams he expects could draft him, what other teams draft boards could look like, do background checks, call high school coaches, math teachers, science teachers, babysitters... Would be a fun exercise.

They could call it "Scouting Life" and make it a reality show. Ugggh... I hate reality shows. :chuckles:

has this guy ever heard of draft busts? What about late round gems? Yea if you go solely by mocks you might be mediocre but really nothing ever better

They could call it "Scouting Life" and make it a reality show. Ugggh... I hate reality shows. :chuckles:

This just made me think of hard knocks. I wish the Browns would do it, I'd love to get an inside look at their camp. My old roommate from cincy made me watch when they did the bengals.

A reality show about a pro scout is a good idea. Even a fictional show about it would be good. The show Arli$$ was pretty good back in the day. A comedy about a pro sports agent.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."