• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

wheelers and dealers on Draft day.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Nice list, good work.

Anyone have the 2012-13 projections for the NBA Salary Cap?

The Salary cap wont released until July. but it is projected to be slightly above the 58 million it has been the last 2 years.

The New york Post did project it to be around 60-61 million.

Rab is going to be pissed.

In reality, I do it the hard way, I think Douglar also likes to do some fancy stuff, but Tornicade does have some neat tables, but I think he uses a data base to make it. But man, that was funny :chuckles:.

That gives me an idea on what Avatar graphic to do next ;).

Think teams are required to be at 85% of cap. Maybe 90% not sure. And wonder what happens if they are not at that %?

Think teams are required to be at 85% of cap. Maybe 90% not sure. And wonder what happens if they are not at that %?

2011 CBA: Teams pay $1 for every $1 their salary is above the luxury-tax threshold in 2011-12 and 2012-13. Starting in 2012-13, teams pay an incremental tax that increases with every $5 million above the tax threshold ($1.50, $1.75, $2.50, $3.25, etc.). Teams that are repeat offenders (paying tax at least four out of the past five seasons) have a tax that is higher still -- $1 more at each increment ($2.50, $2.75, $3.50, $4.25, etc.).

if its under the percentage they have to pay it anyways. Sacremento kings were under the cap and had to trade for a player just to meet the min

at 58 million the league min was 43.5 . at 85% 49.3 , at 90% 52.2 million.

The goal is to lessen the discrepancies on payroll. Salary discrepencies overall in the NBA do not have as big as an impact on wins as in other leagues. It was too easy for a team to lowball their roster and make a profit while still collecting additional revenue from the tax paying teams.

This is the NBA's best shot at parity given the already low dollar to win ratio in the nba

Most of the $12.5 still owed to Baron Davis will count towards the salary floor minimum, so the Cavs should make the floor pretty easily.

If your team doesn't make the minimum floor, the owner has to pay the difference between the team salary and the min team floor out to his players. It's an instant bonus for everyone on the roster.

Most of the $12.5 still owed to Baron Davis will count towards the salary floor minimum, so the Cavs should make the floor pretty easily.

If your team doesn't make the minimum floor, the owner has to pay the difference between the team salary and the min team floor out to his players. It's an instant bonus for everyone on the roster.

This creates an interesting dynamic, where contracted players are motivated to help cheap players get better.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."