• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Sara Phillips Con Story

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damage

fuckface
Reaction score
If you haven't read up on this yet, be prepared to have your mind blown. It'll take you about 10-20 minutes to get through it, but if you have time to waste at work, it's a must read.

Deadspin should win a Pulitzer for this piece.

WARNING: This is a rabbit hole of epic proportions. You will click every link and follow every possible trail it leads to.

http://deadspin.com/5906658/is-an-espn-columnist-scamming-people-on-the-internet

EDIT: It's entirely too long to C&P, and it has many hyperlinks attached.

berneydidnotread.gif

I got about 2 paragraphs through and realized it wouldn't be worth it. What is the TL;DL?

berneydidnotread.gif

I got about 2 paragraphs through and realized it wouldn't be worth it. What is the TL;DL?

Can't really explain it. It's insane and really is worth the read.

I'll base my opinions off what your bff Jigo thinks.

Ghost writing isn't rare. Many authors do it. R.L Stine did it for Goosebumps.

Some chick or dude basically duped ESPN and a bunch of other people and fucked them in the ass and made off with their money or something.

Skimmed it. Didn't seem that crazy. Couldn't get interested in it.

I read the whole thing. Color me unimpressed. College student bets money, becomes big, creates a fake identity. She only scammed one person out of money, as Ben never paid for squat(from what I read). Really sounds like grasping at straws for this big investigative story.

If you haven't read up on this yet, be prepared to have your mind blown. It'll take you about 10-20 minutes to get through it, but if you have time to waste at work, it's a must read.

Deadspin should win a Pulitzer for this piece.

WARNING: This is a rabbit hole of epic proportions. You will click every link and follow every possible trail it leads to.

http://deadspin.com/5906658/is-an-espn-columnist-scamming-people-on-the-internet

EDIT: It's entirely too long to C&P, and it has many hyperlinks attached.

I read it yesterday. Guess I'm one of only 2 here that finds it interesting...

is it more than just a person getting caught ghost writing?

yes - pretty much stole form people, got a job at ESPN, then used that job to steal from more people

I read the whole thing. Color me unimpressed. College student bets money, becomes big, creates a fake identity. She only scammed one person out of money, as Ben never paid for squat(from what I read). Really sounds like grasping at straws for this big investigative story.

Ben had a Facebook page with 300k likes that generated a few hundred thousand $ in advertising revenues. She stole that, it's revenue, and diverted all of those people to her own web site, using her position at ESPN to pull it all off. You don't think that's stealing because he didn't write her a check?

So...How the hell did she get hired at ESPN? Have we ever explained that?

Wild story.

So...How the hell did she get hired at ESPN? Have we ever explained that?

Wild story.

She use to write for Covers. Someone from ESPN saw her articles, recognized that she was young, hot & wrote about sports. Person contacted her to write for their revamped Page 2 page. Without vetting or meeting her.

They cut ties with her this morning I guess

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."