• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Sara Phillips Con Story

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Skimmed it. Didn't seem that crazy. Couldn't get interested in it.

She use to write for Covers. Someone from ESPN saw her articles, recognized that she was young, hot & wrote about sports. Person contacted her to write for their revamped Page 2 page. Without vetting or meeting her.

They cut ties with her this morning I guess

Didn't ESPN confirm that the person who contacted her was not working for ESPN, though? Maybe I misread that part.

rabbit hole of epic proportions.

Rabbit Holes of epic proportions
JFK assassination theories
The supposed Illuminati
The supposed 9/11 conspiracies
Watergate
The 9 billion government employee deaths that occurred during Clinton's presidency
Area 51
The Mafia

Not rabbit holes of epic proportions
Sarah Phillips conning a college kid out of his sports website along with some Indian guys

JK LOL BRB K L8R SK8R Give me a call tmrw morn, pussy.

Rabbit Holes of epic proportions
JFK assassination theories
The supposed Illuminati
The supposed 9/11 conspiracies
Watergate
The 9 billion government employee deaths that occurred during Clinton's presidency
Area 51
The Mafia

Not rabbit holes of epic proportions
Sarah Phillips conning a college kid out of his sports website along with some Indian guys

JK LOL BRB K L8R SK8R Give me a call tmrw morn, pussy.

You forgot Rebecca Black.

Sry Chrly. Had a douchy meeting that lasted entirely too fucking long. Call mañana

Looks like she is coming clean. Really not that big of a conspiracy, just someone taking advantage of her status and other people.

Yahoo Sports Update -> HERE

sarah_phillips_espns_alleged_scam_artist_admits_making_poor_choices.jpg

I think it's a pretty big sports/media story...it's yet another blow to the shrinking credibility of ESPN.

Ben had a Facebook page with 300k likes that generated a few hundred thousand $ in advertising revenues. She stole that, it's revenue, and diverted all of those people to her own web site, using her position at ESPN to pull it all off. You don't think that's stealing because he didn't write her a check?

He, nor her receive cash from advertising on a facebook group.

Crazy article.

Ben had a Facebook page with 300k likes that generated a few hundred thousand $ in advertising revenues.

A few hundred grand for a facebook page posting memes???? We're all doing something wrong...someone needs to explain to me how this facebook thingy works. We must get in on it, pool our talents and stop wasting our time here. :chuckles:

Crazy article.

A few hundred grand for a facebook page posting memes???? We're all doing something wrong...someone needs to explain to me how this facebook thingy works. We must get in on it, pool our talents and stop wasting our time here. :chuckles:

Don't quit your day job. K14MVP didn't read the article correctly.

FROM DEADSPIN

The page had more than 300,000 likes on Facebook, and Ben had earned a few hundred dollars through advertising. Not bad results for a project he was doing in his spare time.

Oops, I did read it wrong. The value of those 300k followers is more than a few hundred dollars, though. We've been in business 4 years, have 1500 likes on our Facebook page and are doing well enough to build a 10,000 square foot building. our largest competitor has 131k followers on their Facebook page and is doing well enough to expand their company by 185,000 square feet. So stealing that guys account and redirecting that traffic is potentially worth a lot more than a few hundred. Otherwise why would someone who is being paid to write for ESPN even bother?

And I read a lot of other people are coming forward about being scammed by Sara Phillips since the original story.

Oops, I did read it wrong. The value of those 300k followers is more than a few hundred dollars, though. We've been in business 4 years, have 1500 likes on our Facebook page and are doing well enough to build a 10,000 square foot building. our largest competitor has 131k followers on their Facebook page and is doing well enough to expand their company by 185,000 square feet. So stealing that guys account and redirecting that traffic is potentially worth a lot more than a few hundred. Otherwise why would someone who is being paid to write for ESPN even bother?

And I read a lot of other people are coming forward about being scammed by Sara Phillips since the original story.

Because she was taking sites with heavy activity in order to pimp her own work. Her stuff gets read, people want more, she makes more for ESPN. She wasn't taking twitter handles and facebook pages over to turn a profit. She was doing it to enhance her own image by increasing how many people see her articles. This wasn't about taking cash from facebook meme pages. She was straight pimpin'.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bRgeJfLfzbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."