• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Draymond Green - Draft sleeper

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
He looks a lot better than Darnell Jackson, yes?

Jackson was the 52nd pick in the draft. If everything we heard about this draft being twice as deep as a normal one, that would make it the 104th in this one. So yeah, he'd better be better to be picked in the 30s.

Cool math, huh?

If we go guard with our early pick in round 1, then I would think Green would be one of our type targets late in 1st or early 2nd for sure. He's a Cavalier type early 2nd round selection quite frankly. I can see him with us .. But, I'll be right upfront ...I fully expect MKG to be a Cavalier early on. One way or the other we are gonna find a way to land him in this draft. For many reasons that I really don't want to get into in detail, I think it benefits the Cavs longterm to do what it takes to get MKG under the Cavalier tent, and I expect it to get done.

He's a Jersey boy like Kyrie, (Tristan played some HS ball in Jersey too). He has the same agent as Tristan. As some one said playing with friends makes it "funner" and it makes it less likely that you'll want to leave or makes you more likely to want to stick around. Kid better work HARD on that jumpshot though.

If we go guard with our early pick in round 1, then I would think Green would be one of our type targets late in 1st or early 2nd for sure. He's a Cavalier type early 2nd round selection quite frankly. I can see him with us .. But, I'll be right upfront ...I fully expect MKG to be a Cavalier early on. One way or the other we are gonna find a way to land him in this draft. For many reasons that I really don't want to get into in detail, I think it benefits the Cavs longterm to do what it takes to get MKG under the Cavalier tent, and I expect it to get done.

With all due respect, I wouldn't count on it W&G...

I think it would require trading up to #2 and if that costs us the #24, that's a little too steep a price to pay. I can't help but feel that you're speaking with your heart and not necessarily your head.

I sure hope we can swing a deal like #4 +#33 for #2, but it's just not realistic.

MKG has a jumpshot that has a hitch it in and as a consequence, he is releasing the ball while on his way down. It will be blocked countless times in da league...go look at his workout video from lat week. It's on brutal display. I could see him as possible All-Defensive player in his future but see very little to suggest that he will even be an All-Star at the most talent laden position in da league...

I would like Green with the 33 or 34 if we don't land MKG. I think he will need to shed a little weight and become a 3, but I think he has the upside of being a very solid rotation player.

I think of Green as that guy that all the contending teams need... a role player off the bench who can do a little of everything for you. Like a Shawn Marion for example. Yes, he may be a little small, but can do everything and win you ball games. He is also a fierce competitor and a winner.

MKG has a jumpshot that has a hitch it in and as a consequence, he is releasing the ball while on his way down. It will be blocked countless times in da league...go look at his workout video from lat week. It's on brutal display. I could see him as possible All-Defensive player in his future but see very little to suggest that he will even be an All-Star at the most talent laden position in da league...

My dick has a hitch in it but I can still fuck like a wildcat.

A 6'3.75 forward? No thanks.

Crowder's 6'5" 1/2 in shoes, so he'll be listed at 6'6" in the pros. Obviously he's still too short for the PF spot, but as a role player backup forward, you could do a lot worse in the 2nd round.

He's going to have to keep developing his perimeter skills, but his efficiency is off the charts and he's going to make a great role player for someone.

Crowder's 6'5" 1/2 in shoes, so he'll be listed at 6'6" in the pros. Obviously he's still too short for the PF spot, but as a role player backup forward, you could do a lot worse in the 2nd round.

He's going to have to keep developing his perimeter skills, but his efficiency is off the charts and he's going to make a great role player for someone.

Yeah I just saw that the measurement was without shoes, that's not so bad after all. I do love his game.

Looks like Chad thinks he'll be gone before the Cavs draft.

LeBron James (South Beach) Chad, who is Pat drafting so I don't look ridiculous in the playoffs anymore?

Chad Ford (1:45 PM) Draymond Green.

I would hate for him to be drafted by Miami. Being a Spartans fan, I would love to be able to keep rooting for him, but if he goes to Miami I will be forced to root against him.

He is a fierce competitor though, something Miami could use. I think he will be able to transition to playing the 3 as he is a very hard worker and could end up being a solid role player for many years. He basically played point forward for MSU for much of the second half of this season, so I think he is already making that transition provided he can slim down a bit. He is a great team guy and should be an asset to which ever team drafts him.

And if the Cavs draft him, he will definitely be an upgrade over Omri and would be a solid SF off the bench.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."