• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Draft

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hey man people have their beliefs lol.

This man won't even be better than Tyson Chandler. And it took Tyson like 6 years to be good.

If you think he's not gonna be great, fine. Tyson Chandler, fine, that guy at least has talent. I'm just saying Ryan Hollins played 4 years at UCLA and never averaged more than 7 points 4.8 rebounds and 1 block.

Anthony Davis was going D-1 as a PG before his growth spurt, he has more skill than Hollins could ever dream of.

In case we do move down
Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft

Indications are that Sacramento wants to add a player at 5, who is a winner & mature. Locker room concerns seem factor into Kings decision.

there's a difference between what you're willing to offer, and what is simply disproportionately stupid. the above is the latter.
lol no. what the cavs offered is "disproportionately stupid." it's #4 and a bunch of junk, basically, for anthony davis. that's insulting.

he is one of the three best prospects to come out in the past decade. cavs should easily, easily offer anything new orleans would accept excluding kyrie. kyrie and davis would likely go down as a top 3, if not the best, duo in the league and make filling out the rest of the roster really easy.

In case we do move down
Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft

Indications are that Sacramento wants to add a player at 5, who is a winner & mature. Locker room concerns seem factor into Kings decision.
i think that ship has sailed.

If you think he's not gonna be great, fine. Tyson Chandler, fine, that guy at least has talent. I'm just saying Ryan Hollins played 4 years at UCLA and never averaged more than 7 points 4.8 rebounds and 1 block.

Anthony Davis was going D-1 as a PG before his growth spurt, he has more skill than Hollins could ever dream of.
I use Hollins just to poke fun. We all know he's a disgrace to the NBA.

lol no. what the cavs offered is "disproportionately stupid." it's #4 and a bunch of junk, basically, for anthony davis. that's insulting.

he is one of the three best prospects to come out in the past decade. cavs should easily, easily offer anything new orleans would accept excluding kyrie. kyrie and davis would likely go down as a top 3, if not the best, duo in the league and make filling out the rest of the roster really easy.

i think that ship has sailed.

well, you can't reason with massive hyperbole, so have at it.

well, you can't reason with massive hyperbole, so have at it.
no, you're right. #4 and a bunch of junk picks is so worth. it. i'm sure if the roles were reversed you'd be demanding the cavs jump at the deal. they'd turn one 1st into two, what a killer deal!

No one is a guaranteed amazing player, there have been very few. While Davis might be that eventually, if I were the hornets I would think about 4,24,33,34 and Thompson for that #1 pick. I know Thompson wasnt offered in the rumor but that would be what I countered with. New Orleans would have 4,10,24,33,34 and their other picks if any plus an upside PF on a team that is desperately in need of talent.

MKG certainly isn't more athletic than Barnes. I'd say they are equal with a slight edge to Barnes.

[video=youtube;mYLvo7ik5js]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYLvo7ik5js[/video][video=youtube;bOYRTk7G4ZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOYRTk7G4ZI[/video]

Obviously Barnes has more potential. I have no idea how you could say MKG has more potential when they are pretty much equal athletically and Barnes is already pretty good offensively compared to MKG who can't really do much besides get hustle/fast-break points on offense.

Yeah, lets just boil down a player's athleticism to one dunk.

Ridiculous.

Good read.

====
Terrence Jones and Perry Jones III: The big Warriors workout

It was a loud, long workout, that’s about all that was immediately discernible while Terrence Jones and Perry Jones III headlined a fascinating pre-draft group workout at Warriors HQ today.

As per Warriors tradition, the media was not allowed in during the drill and match-up work. We waited outside, then were let in when the players were winding down.

But you didn’t have to witness the actual workout to know what was at stake: Terrence and Perry Jones are two of the Warriors’ most likely options with the No. 7 overall pick and it’s no secret team execs wanted an up-close view of them playing against each other.

So how’d it go?

Other than Perry Jones III admitting he shot the ball poorly… and Terrence Jones sounding very confident about the workout (and getting a warm pat on the back from Jerry West)… it’s hard to say what happened in there.

Info about the match-up–or what people say happened–will trickle out over the next few days, I assume, with various agendas and potential GSW smokescreen possibilities.

As much as going vs. each other, the two Joneses were vying to show the Warriors that they could play NBA small forward after spending their final college seasons mostly at the 4 position.

I’ve thought for a while now that, due to his toughness, rebounding and play-making skills, if Terrence Jones shows GSW officials that he has the agility to defend the 3 position, he’ll probably zoom to the top of their list.

From getting a look at the two side by side (in non-drills) today, I’ll say this: They’re both HUGE small forwards, if that’s the position they play in the NBA.

Terrence Jones is 6-9, 252 pounds, with big, big shoulders and you can tell he likes to handle the ball.

Quick thought: I’m pretty sure he’s bigger and broader than David Lee. I don’t think there’s a doubt about that. Terrence Jones is bigger than a lot of other NBA power forwards, so he’d be a massive small forward, if that’s his position.

And having a tough, big, broad SF would be something very valuable to the Warriors, I’d think.

Perry Jones III is skinnier at 6-11, 235, but he’s certainly bulkier than a few past Warriors draftees–Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright.

PJones suggested he’s “the most versatile ever,” which is quite the statement, but then he quickly said he didn’t mean that literally, just that he wants to showcase all the different things he can do.

That Barnes dunk was mehh. The spin move was better than the dunk. Kidd-Gilchrist dunked that ball on the way up, and almost tore the fuckin rim off right over top of someone.

That Barnes dunk was mehh. The spin move was better than the dunk. Kidd-Gilchrist dunked that ball on the way up, and almost tore the fuckin rim off right over top of someone.

Yeah, for some reason, I want MKG even more in a Cavs uniform after seeing that dunk.

I really don't understand how MKG is considered much better than Barnes. I pretty much agree with these ratings MKG on the left, Barnes on the right:
kidd-gilly-300x199.jpg
hb-300x210.jpg

I would actually say that Barnes is a little more athletic, and MKG is the better rebounder, other than that I think these ratings are pretty good.

MKG's ball handling should be a 7 (or Barnes' a 5). MKG is simply better in that category. Barnes' defense is probably a 6 or 7, not an 8. I really don't see how Barnes has a higher bball IQ. In fact, it makes no sense at all. MKG more often than not makes the right play; Barnes has a tendency to take low-percentage, forced shots. I'd give MKG a 9 in the IQ category, Barnes a 7. Also, their potentials are equal at best, so lets knock a point off of Barnes in that category.

Revised totals
MKG: 82
Barnes: 76

MKG's ball handling should be a 7 (or Barnes' a 5). MKG is simply better in that category. Barnes' defense is probably a 6 or 7, not an 8. I really don't see how Barnes has a higher bball IQ. In fact, it makes no sense at all. MKG more often than not makes the right play; Barnes has a tendency to take low-percentage, forced shots. I'd give MKG a 9 in the IQ category, Barnes a 7. Also, their potentials are equal at best, so lets knock a point off of Barnes in that category.

Revised totals
MKG: 82
Barnes: 76

Anyone who thinks Barnes is more athletic than MKG hasn't watched the two of them play. I don't think it's a coincidence that MKG is better in almost all of the facets of the game associated with athleticism: rebounding, finishing at the rim and in transition, defense, shotblocking, etc. That block he had against Tyshawn Taylor to seal the championship was incredible, not many people can be beat and recover like he did.

Rudy Gobert with a 7'8.9 wingspan and 7'0 without shoes
1339445253.jpg

Insane standing reach
1339445228.jpg

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."