• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Consensus Mock Drafts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think any best possible scenario for us has Robinson going before we pick.

The 6/8 mock drafts show a trend

2012 NBA Mock Draft Site
Updated
Hornets
Bobcats
Wiz
Cavs
Kings
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
A.Drummond​
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
A.Drummond​
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
B.Beal​
A.Drummond​
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
A.Drummond​
H.Barnes​

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thats awesome news. Robinson must be impressing the bobcats.

I just don't get how Barnes is still so high. Just looks like a spot up shooter or one dribble shooter that can defend. I must be missing whatever the scouts are seeing

The 6/8 mock drafts show a trend

2012 NBA Mock Draft Site
Updated
Hornets
Bobcats
Wiz
Cavs
Kings
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
A.Drummond​
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
A.Drummond​
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
B.Beal​
A.Drummond​
6/8
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
A.Drummond​
H.Barnes​

<tbody>
</tbody>

That they want to send Andre to Sacramento to die? My goodness, he better hope that isn't where he ends up.

Cannot possibly imagine we'd take Barnes over Beal, or Drummond. Ever.

Can someone explain this rationale?

EDIT: In fact, the consensus opinion seems to be that Beal isn't a Top 5 pick? Why is that? I was certain that the Wizards would take him at #3.

T-Rob did himself well by posting average PF height and Blake Griffin vertical leaps. The knock on Robinson was that he was small for the position, I think that was put to bed this week. I can easily see him going to Charlotte. If that happens I believe Washington will stun some people and take Bradley Beal. Beal is a much better fit for Washington than MKG is.

This leaves MKG on our doorstep. I think the Cavs love 4 players in this draft, Davis/MKG/Beal/Barnes. I don't think it's a slam dunk they take MKG over Barnes as most people think. I think they really like MKG but Barnes is very high on their list. IMO, I think they end up taking MKG but Barnes will be tough for them to pass up.

If MKG is at 4 I would love to see them go get Quincy Miller at 24 or even move up a few to get him. I know on paper they play the same position but I think MKG is good enough to play the SG position a good deal of the time and Miller can play both SF and PF in stretches. Irving/MKG/Miller/TT would give us a long and very active core.

Cavs Notes: Kidd-Gilchrist, Fournier, Melo, Leonard
June 9 at 4:29pm CST By Chuck Myron

The Cavs hold picks No. 4 and No. 24, but unlike other teams with two first-round draft choices, they aren't looking to trade one of them. The team seems to be zeroing in on Harrison Barnes with the fourth pick, but Mary Schmitt Boyer of the Plain Dealer says a scenario is in play that could have them leaving Barnes on the board.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist probably won't be there for the Cavs at No. 4, but if the Hornets take Thomas Robinson and the Wizards go for Bradley Beal, the Kentucky small forward could be in for a reunion with high school teammate Kyrie Irving, Boyer writes. Kidd-Gilchrist, who says he wouldn't mind becoming a Cav, has been working out in Cleveland for the past month thanks to agent Rich Paul, who went to high school in the city and is close with LeBron James.

Schmitt Boyer, in the same piece, runs down the Cavs' options with the 24th, 33rd and 34th pick, with a list including Evan Fournier, Fab Melo and Meyers Leonard.

The joint Twitter account of Schmitt Boyer and fellow Plain Dealer scribe Jodie Valade was abuzz with a comprehensive listing of players working out for the team (All four Twitter links).

2012 NBA Mock Draft Site
Updated
Hornets
Bobcats
Wizard!
Cavs
Kings
Cavs @ 24
NBA Draft.net
6/10
A.Davis
A.Drummond
T.Robinson
MKG
H.Barnes
Doron Lamb
Eat Drink and Sleep Football: Kevin
6/9
A.Davis
MKG
T.Robinson
B.Beal
A.Drummond
Jeff Taylor
NBA Draft Guru
6/9
A.Davis
T.Robinson
MKG
H.Barnes
A.Drummond
John Jenkins
Hoops Addict
6/9
A.Davis
T.Robinson
MKG
B.Beal
A.Drummond
Moe Harkless
Draft Express
6/9
A.Davis
T.Robinson
MKG
B.Beal
A.Drummond
Andrew Nicholson

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Leave it to nbadraft.net to buck the trend. Not that I'd have a problem if it played out that way.

Last edited:
I seems that Beal is starting to get attention on the Mocks. I'm not saying anything special, but the people who literally had dreams of getting him with the pick might actually have had some prediction involved. Impressive.

2012 NBA Mock Draft Site
Updated
Hornets
Bobcats
Wizard!
Cavs
Kings
6/12
A.Davis​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
B.Beal​
T.Robinson​
6/12
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
B.Beal​
A.Drummond​
6/12
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
B.Beal​
6/11
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
B.Beal​
A.Drummond​
6/11
A.Davis​
B.Beal​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
H.Barnes​
T.Robinson​
6/11
A.Davis​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
T.Robinson​
B.Beal​
H.Barnes​
6/11
A.Davis​
T.Robinson​
M.Kidd-Gilchrist​
B.Beal​
A.Drummond​

<tbody>
</tbody>

I'm just stoked we will have a shot at either Beal, MKG, Barnes or Drummond. Lately it is looking more likely that Beal falls to us, and I would love that. The only thing I was concerned about was his height and he put that to rest at the combine.

I just don't see how a Portland/Cavs deal could have any legs right now considering the uncertainty at 4-6 (not to mention 11).

Here's the latest along with the #24 picks. We've got a couple Royce White sightings & a couple Fournier picks here. Fab & Festus are also on the menu.

MKG is getting a lot of play at #3, even though SG is likely the bigger need in Washington. If MKG goes at three, Barnes and Beal seem to be the picks at 4.

Looks like the combine interviews caused Drummond to drop to the 5-8 range in recent mock drafts. Hearsay is that several teams came away with doubts about his desire to play center.

2012 NBA Mock Draft SiteUpdatedHornetsBobcatsWizard!CavsKingsCavs @ 24
Draft Site6/12A.DavisT.RobinsonM.Kidd-GilchristB.BealH.BarnesEvan Fournier
Rotoworld6/12A.DavisM.Kidd-GilchristH.BarnesB.BealT.RobinsonRoyce White
NBA Draft Guru6/12A.DavisT.RobinsonM.Kidd-GilchristH.BarnesA.Drummond Festus Ezeli
Fanspeak6/12A.DavisT.RobinsonM.Kidd-GilchristB.BealA.DrummondMoe Harkless
The Sports Hound: Dan6/12A.DavisT.RobinsonM.Kidd-GilchristH.BarnesB.BealEvan Fournier
My NBA Draft6/11A.DavisT.RobinsonM.Kidd-GilchristB.BealA.DrummondFab Melo
CBS: Goodman6/11A.DavisB.BealM.Kidd-GilchristH.BarnesT.RobinsonRoyce White
Sports City6/11A.DavisT.RobinsonM.Kidd-GilchristB.BealA.DrummondFab Melo

<tbody>
</tbody>

This years draft seems to be the hardest to predict i have ever seen. I can only hope grant makes the right choice, seems like there is so much depth i'm sure some of the guys in the 20's are going to have better careers than some of the guys in the top 10

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."