• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

A closer look at Harrison Barnes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
All I can say is that I'd love to be at the Beal vs. Barnes workout this Sunday. Sounds like a great way to decide on which one to draft.

Beal's ball-handling, ability to create his own shot, and passing abilities are starting to make me want him over Barnes.

[video=youtube;lbSofM9yDqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSofM9yDqI&feature=related[/video]
Anyone happen to catch what Barnes' shirt says?

:chuckles:

Beal's ball-handling, ability to create his own shot, and passing abilities are starting to make me want him over Barnes.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if beal is still there at 4. Regardless I don't think the cavs can really miss this draft. I mean is anyone going to be mad we got gilchrist, drummond, beal, or robinson? They all are good prospects.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if beal is still there at 4. Regardless I don't think the cavs can really miss this draft. I mean is anyone going to be mad we got gilchrist, drummond, beal, or robinson? They all are good prospects.

The truth is right now I would be upset if they took Drummond at 4. He's way too risky. He's got a ton of athleticism for a big. But, his low motor scares me.

As for Barnes specifically, I like him more than a lot of people do on this forum. He definitely needs to work on his handles. But, IMO, that is much easier to correct than MKG's horrific shooting form. Barnes doesn't have an explosive first step. So, I don't see him as a superstar. But, he should be fine player and a terrific fit next to Irving. That said, I'd rank my preference for the Cavs as Davis>Beal>MKG>Barnes. In a nutshell, I think the Cavs should stay at 4. If they get anyone of the four guys I mentioned, I'd be happy with that.

Yeah I'm an admitted Barnes hater...

But I'm actually warming up to him. With a great point guard next to him in Kyrie I think he'll flourish.

Yeah I'm an admitted Barnes hater...

But I'm actually warming up to him. With a great point guard next to him in Kyrie I think he'll flourish.

Same! I can't agree more! But thinking about it, anyone really fits well with Kyrie because he shoots and distributes so well, I'll take Beal, Barnes, or MKG! and with the 24th pick, some one that is all around. Then take players who do 1 thing well rather than a all around mediocre (if thats how you spell it) like the Spurs did.

[video=youtube;lbSofM9yDqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbSofM9yDqI&feature=related[/video]
Anyone happen to catch what Barnes' shirt says?

:chuckles:

I'm still not sold on Barnes but I'm intrigued by April Nonato's ball-handling.

I'm still not sold on Barnes but I'm intrigued by April Nonato's ball-handling.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

Wages of Wins is a bunch of clowns. I was laughing the whole time at that post. They don't know a thing about basketball. I could make an argument that all of the guys in that list are the top 10 most underrated prospects.

This is the first time I've seen them pick an overrated list BEFORE the season starts, so it should be very interesting to see if they do know anything. Its easier to pick underrated players and if one hits (Lin) be able to say you were right, but all of these players will get drafted early and we'll be able to see how they perform.

They do have a point though, most of these guys we're drooling over have crappy %'s.

2012 NBA Draft - Workout buzz on top prospects - ESPN

5. Harrison BarnesWorkouts: Raptors (6/14), Cavaliers (6/16), Wizards (6/19), Bobcats (6/21)
Analysis: Barnes' last scheduled workout is today in Charlotte. He had another workout scheduled in Sacramento, but he's canceled it and it doesn't sound like he's rescheduling.

Barnes' biggest workout was Thursday in Charlotte. While Robinson and Kidd-Gilchrist would give the team toughness, defense and energy, Barnes would deliver something else the Bobcats desperately need: scoring. His two years playing for the in-state Tar Heels wouldn't hurt, either. As I'm writing this, I haven't yet received word on how he looked in his workout there, but he is in the mix at No. 2.

Barnes also had a strong workout in Washington on Tuesday. He went against John Shurna and Kris Joseph and by all accounts looked great. I do think he's an option for the Wizards at No. 3 if they decide to pass on Beal or if the Bobcats take Beal at No. 2. The Wizards believe Barnes can play some 2 and desperately need a great shooter.

Barnes also is a serious candidate to go No. 4 to the Cavs. As I've reported previously, the Cavs had Barnes No. 2 on their Big Board last year behind Kyrie Irving and is an obvious fit there. The team needs more shooters and could use the help at the 3. If Beal is off the board, I think it comes down to Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist. While reports out of Cleveland said Beal bested Barnes at their workout together, team sources say the Cavs don't put a huge amount of stock in workouts and that both players were very good.

If Barnes slides past the Cavs, I think the Kings will scoop him up at No. 5.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."