• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2012 Finals !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins the Finals?

• OKC in 4

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • OKC in 5

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • OKC in 6

Votes: 71 61.7%
  • OKC in 7

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Other team in 4

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other team in 5

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other team in 6

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Other team in 7

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
pretty much every player has nothing but great things to say about cleveland and the organization.

It may be a "what were they supposed to say" situation; you have to think that behind closed doors, what competing GMs, and top players looking to sell the teams to FAs, say to them is merely a less coarse version of ESPN online article comments about Cleveland and Gilbert.

To be fair, Kyle Lowry was considering signing with us if Houston didn't match, despite criticizing the letter just before.

I would be extremely surprised if the Thunder win tomorrow. Westbrook and Durant both looked like they were about to cry in the post game press conference, as if they had already lost and been eliminated.

You just have to build around Kyrie Irving and try and emulate the OKC formula with Durant and Russ.

Despite their youth, OKC may have a relatively short window, and not win a championship within it, if they can't retain all their players (although Harden's value has dropped like a rock the last few days.)

It's frustrating that a team that does a rebuild as well as OKC is stuck in a long rebuild and a short window of contention, while a team like the Lakers can make the playoffs all but five years of their existence; the Lakers' success simply can't be explained solely by the competency of their front office.

However, the Spurs show that you can have a seemingly endless window of contention without being in LA and with few down years, and I think they would continue to be very strong if Duncan and Manu retired tomorrow. One could argue that they're not really a small market and have "grown into" a middle-sized market if you look at population figures, though.

I've said it before.. the ONLY way you beat the Heat is with a zone.. and unless Scotty Brooks can come up with one for tomorrow.. Miami will have its second title.

You guys remember when I posted this?

I think this is a big part of the Thunder's down fall in this series.

Just seems like they look like deer in the headlights in the the two games before last night (when the calls in the third were horrid).

My "look, I was right" of the day was commenting that OKC's wins over Dallas and LAL only seemed impressive because they were the defending champs and the Lakers:

2012 Finals !!

Despite saying that, I wrongly believed that the WCF were the "real finals."

I've said it before.. the ONLY way you beat the Heat is with a zone.. and unless Scotty Brooks can come up with one for tomorrow.. Miami will have its second title.

Not when Battier and Chalmers have been shooting the ball of late. And James Jones is always available too.

Not when Battier and Chalmers have been shooting the ball of late. And James Jones is always available too.

The Thunder are athletic enough to get back to provide at least a decent contest.. zone has caused the Heat to fluster quite a bit when used. Man to man just doesn't work against the Heat.. and Spoelstra still has no answer for the zone.

The Thunder are athletic enough to get back to provide at least a decent contest.. zone has caused the Heat to fluster quite a bit when used. Man to man just doesn't work against the Heat.. and Spoelstra still has no answer for the zone.

It might be worth a shot if the Thunder are down and they need to change things up. The Heat have played really good against the zone at times, and really poorly at times. But it might be too late to try to experiment at this point.

Despite their youth, OKC may have a relatively short window, and not win a championship within it, if they can't retain all their players (although Harden's value has dropped like a rock the last few days.)

It's frustrating that a team that does a rebuild as well as OKC is stuck in a long rebuild and a short window of contention, while a team like the Lakers can make the playoffs all but five years of their existence; the Lakers' success simply can't be explained solely by the competency of their front office.

However, the Spurs show that you can have a seemingly endless window of contention without being in LA and with few down years, and I think they would continue to be very strong if Duncan and Manu retired tomorrow. One could argue that they're not really a small market and have "grown into" a middle-sized market if you look at population figures, though.

Westbrook and Durant have already been locked up on long deals. Their window is wide open.

Half of this is Scott Brooks fault and the other half is Scott Brooks fault.

Bingo.

That team is too athletic to play the ragged man on man D that they play.

Imagine if these guys played the Thibadau defese.
Comparing the defensive philosophies of the Heat and Celtics « HoopSpeak.com
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/4/7/2096557/bull-celtics-defense-tom-thibodeau

Commonality is communication,positioning, and tight rotations. Not this bullshit where Harden is left on an island guarding Lebron , or terrible strong side double teams that come way after Lebron is already on the low block.

Westbrook and Durant have already been locked up on long deals. Their window is wide open.

Their window is open as long as Durant is on the team imo, but that doesn't mean that they will be real title contenders for years. This might be just like the 2007 Cavs. The East had a down year (maybe this is a down year for the West), and the Cavs didn't make the finals again. I can definately see this as a down year for the West. The Lakers were old, the champion Mavs didn't sign some key players, and other than the Spurs and Thunder the West was rather ordinary.

It really sucks though when you think that it is possible that OKC will be burned for being good at evaluating talent when they lose one of their four best players.

Where is Nick Nolte when you need him?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-m-_Kh9XPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Their window is open as long as Durant is on the team imo, but that doesn't mean that they will be real title contenders for years. This might be just like the 2007 Cavs. The East had a down year (maybe this is a down year for the West), and the Cavs didn't make the finals again. I can definately see this as a down year for the West. The Lakers were old, the champion Mavs didn't sign some key players, and other than the Spurs and Thunder the West was rather ordinary.

It really sucks though when you think that it is possible that OKC will be burned for being good at evaluating talent when they lose one of their four best players.

Thats why i cautioned all the pro hard salary cap fans. You're punishing OKC for good drafting. Beware Cavs fans...this could be you in a few years if Tristan...and say Harrison Barnes and Shabazz Muhammad become great young players.

Thats why i cautioned all the pro hard salary cap fans. You're punishing OKC for good drafting. Beware Cavs fans...this could be you in a few years if Tristan...and say Harrison Barnes and Shabazz Muhammad become great young players.

I'd be shocked if Harrison Barnes re-uped for more than 3 million... But that's not the point I guess.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."